Vista Complete 3.0
    by KD

Download Here

Download Here

Synopsis:

I was switching between my many themes a while ago and loaded up Vista Complete 2.0 again for some oldschool theme action. Then I thought to myself...what else could I do with it? It already went a through a major transformation from 1.0 to 2.0, could anything else really warrant a full on 3.0 version?

Then bunches of ideas flicked into my head! BUNCHES AND BUNCHES I TELL YOU! I just had to start working on them..I had to see if it would work...I had to make Vista Complete 3.0

Download Here

New Features:

1. Condensed the start menu into 4 sections that can be expanded and collapsed upon tapping the root directory. For example, as pictured in the screenshot, by tapping the "Messaging" root, it expands, pushing down Media Center and Control Panel, and in the extra space reveals the sub-directory containing the Messenger, Messages, SMS/MMS and Memopad apps. The same concept applies to the other 3 directories as well.

2. Upon selection of one of the sub-directory icons, a preview of the icon will show on the right upper right half of the start menu so you dont have to wonder if you selected the right icon or not

3. The 4 icons on the bottom of the start menu dock are user definable. Tap the blue button on the right side of the dock right above the 4 icons to slide between another 4 user-defined icons

4. 4 more icons in a 4-square configuration on top of semi-transparent BGs for continuity

5. 4 slot Hidden Today with a semi-transparent background that pops up when you are selecting Calendar or Messages from the Start Menu.

6. Dedicated weather slot for your weather app, or any other application really (ie: memory apps, quickpull, whatev)

7. Dedicated Sound Profiles icon to the right of the Vista Orb.

8. Completely revamped interface with crisper graphics, sharper lines, and more vibrancy in the icon colors.

Conclusion:

Id really appreciate all of your feedback including comments, questions&suggestions and any concerns!

Please be patient as this is in the very early stages, but will be well worth the wait

Download Here

Thanks!

-KD
    Last edited by kdjayo; 05-31-10 at 10:25 PM.
    04-27-10 05:20 PM
    wow .. looks great .. ! another gem KD
    04-27-10 05:32 PM
    Can't wait, Looks like a it will be awesome.
    Last edited by applemac; 04-27-10 at 05:44 PM.
    04-27-10 05:40 PM
    If you need a beta tester I'd love to.
    04-27-10 07:48 PM
    That looks really nice!!
    04-27-10 07:51 PM
    Argh late to the party again. Looks sick though!
    04-27-10 10:17 PM
    looks good KD keep it up man!
    04-28-10 12:53 PM
    Thanks for the props guys!!

Are there any concerns or questions or suggestions from the community? Throw em out there!!
    04-28-10 07:16 PM
    wow... looking awesome as always KD! can't wait for more screenshots or a vid of this in action!
    04-28-10 07:24 PM
    Looks like a great revamp. Not sure I'm into the three static icons with the apps as proposed. Of the three 2 are not what I use on a very frequent basic, especially Google Maps. I'd rather see Browser included in and maybe put Google Maps under the Applications menu. And my personal preference would be to have Slacker instead of Facebook, but that's just me What would be sick is if those could be user defined, but we can all dream.
    Last edited by Bob61; 04-28-10 at 07:45 PM.
    04-28-10 07:40 PM
    Looks like a great revamp. Not sure I'm into the three static icons with the apps as proposed. Of the three 2 are not what I use on a very frequent basic, especially Google Maps. I'd rather see Browser included in and maybe put Google Maps under the Applications menu. And my personal preference would be to have Slacker instead of Facebook, but that's just me What would be sick is if those could be user defined, but we can all dream.
    They would definitely be user-defined if composer allowed us to put in icons that had visible Text for the App Name..but ...well it doesnt ;(

Im open to any suggestions for anything else there if people arent digging the static 3rd party icons...
    04-28-10 07:57 PM
    They would definitely be user-defined if composer allowed us to put in icons that had visible Text for the App Name..but ...well it doesnt ;(

Im open to any suggestions for anything else there if people arent digging the static 3rd party icons...
    they work for me :P haha

but... I guess for others, something more like Browser, QL, and Calendar or something... (it seems like those three will satisfy the most people)

Oh, and how will the start menu transition up and down? Will it have anything special(like sliding) or just disappear/reappear when the orb it tapped?
    04-28-10 09:49 PM
    I like the look of the new design. I didn't try your previous versions, so some of my questions and thoughts may be a little strange:
    1. Will you have any of the standard hotspots: Options over battery, connections over signal meter, etc?
    2. Will there be a way to display only the user defined icon bar or will it only be visible with the whole menu system?
    3. I like the static icons on the right. My thoughts would be QL, BW and the browser. If you make the QL and BW screen hotspots, I likely wouldn't use the static icons much.

Since I use the BW wallpaper, in most cases I prefer a screen hotspot along with a screen QL hotspot, but that is more a personal preference than a strong need. I can easily see myself using this theme when it is done. Let me know if you need a beta tester too.
    04-29-10 08:17 AM
    It looks fantastic! I assume the doc/menu can be closed to show the home screen? I would also like info on hotspots.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 09:42 AM
    Not too crazy about facebook as a static..but other than that its all good
    04-29-10 04:51 PM
    I like the look of the new design. I didn't try your previous versions, so some of my questions and thoughts may be a little strange:
    1. Will you have any of the standard hotspots: Options over battery, connections over signal meter, etc?
    2. Will there be a way to display only the user defined icon bar or will it only be visible with the whole menu system?
    3. I like the static icons on the right. My thoughts would be QL, BW and the browser. If you make the QL and BW screen hotspots, I likely wouldn't use the static icons much.

Since I use the BW wallpaper, in most cases I prefer a screen hotspot along with a screen QL hotspot, but that is more a personal preference than a strong need. I can easily see myself using this theme when it is done. Let me know if you need a beta tester too.
    There will be a hotspot on the homescreen to get to application menu, and possibly one for QL..

Regarding the static buttons, I am thinking about possibly re-doing that area to be another 4 icons in a square configuration that will be user-definable, rather than 3 static icons...ill get a mock up out later...

It looks fantastic! I assume the doc/menu can be closed to show the home screen? I would also like info on hotspots.

Yes the doc is opened and closed by tapping the Vista Orb.
    04-29-10 05:00 PM
    the 4 square user-definable sections sounds great!! Everyone should be happy with that! haha.

Can't wait to see this in action KD!!
    04-29-10 09:34 PM
    Oh, and how will the start menu transition up and down? Will it have anything special(like sliding) or just disappear/reappear when the orb it tapped?
    The start menu will simply open and close as in windows vista...not only is this to keep true to the windows feel but it also will be very easy on memory to hide/show all the elements rather than to animate every single element that is in the start menu...

it will save alot of resources and be alot smoother as a simple open/close dock, plus it will save time to have it INSTANTLY show/hide rather than have to wait for a slide animation....I like to keep the functionality just a step above the flair in this case.
    04-29-10 10:06 PM
    Here is the new mockup of the new design incorporating the 4square icon method on the dock rather than the 3 static icons (the 4 icons shown are for display purpose only, they will be user definable on your device)

04-29-10 10:15 PM
    woah, that does look awesome!!!

Any QL hotspot(or should that just be put as one of those 4 icons?)

oh, and I may have already asked this... but will there the dock have a type of sliding transition or something? Or will it just appear and disappear when the orb is tapped?
    04-29-10 10:51 PM
    woah, that does look awesome!!!

Any QL hotspot(or should that just be put as one of those 4 icons?)

oh, and I may have already asked this... but will there the dock have a type of sliding transition or something? Or will it just appear and ldisappear when the orb is tapped?
    Yes, half the screen shall be the App Menu and half QL hotspot. And ya I answered that question look at my previous posts

04-30-10 12:01 AM
    Nice improvement with the 4 box user defined instead of static. I might suggest making those slight smaller to fit in with the look of the rest of the screen.

A couple of questions / comments ....

Is the area with the clock looking area above the 4 box usable? Thinking another spot for user icon.

Everything looks really sharp on the screen, only spot that seems to not fit with the rest of the great looking layout is the text info int he top banner, just seems to look rather dull compared to everything else. Can't put my finger on if it's the font, the background or what.

Also, any way to make the time display bigger in the bottom banner?
    04-30-10 06:03 AM
    Nice improvement with the 4 box user defined instead of static. I might suggest making those slight smaller to fit in with the look of the rest of the screen.

A couple of questions / comments ....

Is the area with the clock looking area above the 4 box usable? Thinking another spot for user icon.

Everything looks really sharp on the screen, only spot that seems to not fit with the rest of the great looking layout is the text info int he top banner, just seems to look rather dull compared to everything else. Can't put my finger on if it's the font, the background or what.

Also, any way to make the time display bigger in the bottom banner?
    Yes its usable, check out the features list on the first post, its a preview display for whichever icon you have selected on the left side of the start menu

The fonts on the banner and the Application Name font were under a different style, it has been fixed :O

04-30-10 12:23 PM
    Yes its usable, check out the features list on the first post, its a preview display for whichever icon you have selected on the left side of the start menu

The fonts on the banner and the Application Name font were under a different style, it has been fixed :O
    Hmmm.... I did look at the first post. Probably more apparent to you than for me just looking at the pictures. I'm guessing then when you say "Dedicated weather slot for your weather app, or any other application really (ie: memory apps, quickpull, whatev)" this refers to that slot above the 4 square dock then? My confusion is you show the weather on the top banner, so didn't know if that's what was being referred to or not. Or maybe I'm still wrong
    04-30-10 01:53 PM
    Hmmm.... I did look at the first post. Probably more apparent to you than for me just looking at the pictures. I'm guessing then when you say "Dedicated weather slot for your weather app, or any other application really (ie: memory apps, quickpull, whatev)" this refers to that slot above the 4 square dock then? My confusion is you show the weather on the top banner, so didn't know if that's what was being referred to or not. Or maybe I'm still wrong
    Heh ok ill Make it clear:

On the top of the screen is the banner with the bat and sig meters and also an icon slot for weather apps or whatever app you want really.

On the top of the start menu (where the little clock graphic is) that graphic will change to display a larger image depending on which icon you have selected in the start menu on the left side directory...make sense now?

04-30-10 02:53 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD