Transparent Clean Theme for Storm 95XX OS 5.0
*Transparent Clean* is a great looking theme thats works with most wallpapers, and uses a mixture of various icons from around the web, as well as some custom hybrids. Everything is crisp, clean, and very functional. There are no annoying (slow) animations that bog down the device.
Hidden hotspots on the homescreen(Options, Clock, Manage Connections, Calendar & Application List)
OTA is finally up and working!
Modified Zen Style with 6 user defined homescreen icons (slots 5 & 6 hang high - good for music app/favorite app).
8 User defined homescreen icons
-Updated 11/24/09...Lock screens are now default blue/black colour.
-Updated 11/23/09...Application list background is now black, banner meters repositioned better for 9520/9550 users.
Zen style with 4 user defined icons. App screen is solid black, and lock screens are default blue, like v.2
If you like it - Please donate. It helps to keep developers developing here.
Last edited by tpickard; 11-24-2009 at 07:44 PM.
- 11-22-2009, 08:42 PM #8
Looking good, runs smooth, I like it!
Only quirk I saw was under messages, the top bar just doesn't "flow" with the rest of the UI. It's more that this theme looks infinitely better than the default RIM ugmo UI, honestly.
edit: and the wifi + gps icons overlap each other on my phone.
Last edited by Aver; 11-22-2009 at 08:57 PM.
- You are right the WiFi meters will need to be updated. Those of you running this theme on the Storm 2 can check back soon for a fix on this.
Thanks to all for your input.
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-23-2009, 12:17 AM #11
- 280 Posts
The only things I would do is add a landscape home with horizontal versions of the homescreen icon docks and make the docks more transparent so you can see your wallpapers better... And ya I agree you should do a version with the stock icons but do future versions with both stock and your icons since the ones you used are pretty nice
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Grassy wallpaper - by request
For those of you looking for the grassy wallpaper I posted in some earlier screenshots.
- CrackBerry User
12-06-2009, 12:05 AM #20
- 56 Posts
I'm using this theme currently and it so far has worked great on my S2 with out a problem,glitch,hitch and so on As is I have no recomendations as of yet .I've been running it for about 24hours .Great work6 VZW Tour's to Storm2 5.0.Not a fun ride....
- 12-28-2009, 05:41 PM #23
tpickard, I'm really enjoying this theme. Very clean, simple, and quick.
I've noticed you've been very receptive to suggestions, so I have a few. Perhaps you'll agree with me.
- I think a theme should be clean and not detract from the wallpaper. Your theme pretty much does that, but it seems like the bottom dock (I'm using the default version) its unnecessarily tall. Its blocking my wallpaper much more than I'd like. Could you make this dock shorter? It seems like that'd be possible even without shrinking the icons. Additionally, you could move the Date section from below the dock to above it (as a sub-dock sticking out a little bit from the main bottom dock) which should atleast obstruct the wallpaper a little less. Not sure about this idea, just throwing it out there.
- I like how when its locked, I can still see the date at the bottom. But could you do a custom date on the lock screen rather than utilizing the regular one, because since the regular dock doesn't stretch all the way from edge to edge, it looks a bit sloppy on the lock screen (like its formatted wrong).
- The clock seems slightly taller than necessary. I realize you are leaving some space for notifications, but I still think you could raise the time up a little bit so it doesn't look as oddly large.
- The two icons that hang high seem slightly odd in their placement. I feel like they are just kind of "there"... I think you need to make them hang a little bit higher, so that its closer to the top dock rather than just kinda on its own.
- I'm enjoying most of the icons (clean, high res, pretty) but I'm not a huge fan of the folder icons. I see what you are doing making them all obviously folders by making them black and white, but it seems a bit dull to me when half my icons are grey.
Hopefully you understand my suggestions, and maybe you'll agree with some of them. Nonetheless, I'm really loving this theme. Keep up the good work!
Edit: One more comment. I just noticed that there is no volume indicator on the top bar, which I think is a setback with this theme. I'd have to waste one of the higher icons with my volume icon, would much rather have the indicator in the top bar like in other themes. This also led me to notice that the top bar is arranged differently for the wallpaper screen and the apps screen, which kind of felt awkward and like an easy fix.
Last edited by NiVRaM88; 12-29-2009 at 01:16 AM.