Hi guys ,

I'm pretty new to the theme world. I know that storm themes have been known to cause memory leaks. I currently have the appleberry theme and definatley notice my memory goes lower faster. I have alot of memory so it hasn't worried me much but here is my question.... If the theme is not active, does it waste memory still. I've noticed that even if i don't have the appleberry theme active and I have the default theme, that my memory has been going down faster. I want to know so I know weither to install more themes or not. Also if people Know which themes cause leaks for me to avoid. this will help out people in the crackberry nation.
    05-12-09 12:19 PM
    I have deleted all themes that I downloaded on my storm because they seem to make it do funny things. Everytime i have a theme, even inactive, i get the hour glass alot more and a ton of memory leak.

I just stick to the original!
    05-12-09 12:20 PM
    The trick is to use a small theme, less then 500kb, these don't cause memory "leaks" like their bigger relatives do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 02:51 PM
    Use iBot- Its the only one that works well for me
    05-12-09 02:52 PM
    I've been alternating between AppleBerry and some of ECruz's themes and I haven't noticed any leaking of memory due to the themes themselves. On my phone, the main leakage of memory actually comes from switching between themes - if I switch from one theme to another and just let the phone run without a reboot, it will lose memory like crazy. But if I do a reboot after switching the theme, it will run fine without memory leaks using that theme after it boots back up.
    05-12-09 02:54 PM
    Having a couple of inactive themes do caused memory leaks. I used to have a 3 themes (+ the default= 4 ) on my storm in it caused a drastic reduction on my memory. I removed all them except the one i use and the default one.

It appears that one you installed a theme and then you activated and then deactivated it; that said theme maintain a memory footprint (to keep it settings such as folder and icons arrangements)

I would recommend the world rocker it has a lot hidden functions and the sliding icons allows to show off whatever wall paper you use.
    05-12-09 03:15 PM
    Thanks for the response. Man this memory thing issue is killing the storm !! 128 should be a lot but with all these memory leaks it makes it nothing
    I'm down to 15 mb after a days use with appleberry. Normally I would be about 25-30 mb

05-12-09 07:45 PM
    How do you clean out the inactive themes? Im not seeing a delete option. Do you have to do it through desktop manager?
    05-12-09 08:05 PM
    How do you clean out the inactive themes? Im not seeing a delete option. Do you have to do it through desktop manager?
    go to options>advanced>applications. when you find it hilight it...click menu button and delete
    05-12-09 08:16 PM
    Thanks for the response. Man this memory thing issue is killing the storm !! 128 should be a lot but with all these memory leaks it makes it nothing
    I'm down to 15 mb after a days use with appleberry. Normally I would be about 25-30 mb

At the end of the day I run down to the same. All I do is schedule meterberry to restart each night and if I use my storm a lot I will restart it during the day. I really don't like the default theme so the extra work is worth it for a custom theme. I use Winos7 by E and 10 bold replica by Cozper and they don't leak much at all. You just need to ask yourself if the theme is worth a couple of bat pulls.
    05-12-09 08:24 PM
    Generally a nice custom theme will require a battery pull once a day. Even iPhoners have to reset their phone from time to time.
    05-12-09 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD