One small question for you theme guys:

I've spent quite some time configging the layout and options and folders etc etc etc of a theme. Just as I did with the original. Now I wonder: I have installed some themes, I have made one fit my needs again, but when I now revert back to the default theme, will that one then still have my settings included the way they were? Or will it default back to the way the theme was when it came on the phone?

Hmmm.... I would assume some sort of "status" of the config is saved somewhere. Would think it very strange if, when you like to switch themes a lot, you would have to recreate your folders, move the icons etc etc. all the time all over again.

So... am I correct in assuming that the status of your theme config is saved? Or will it be lost entirely when switching between themes?
    02-12-09 08:28 AM
    when you use a theme for the first time you will ALWAYS have to reconfigure your folders and icons. BUT, luckily, once you do that in that particular theme your settings will be saved. So jumping back and forth between themes you've already set up won't be a problem.

And for the first time, your settings won't necc be exactly as factory settings. They can be all over the place, even hidden. So I'd un-hide everything and look in every folder if you are missing something.
    02-12-09 08:33 AM
    Well I have yet to design a theme (I hope too soon) but when I've installed one theme, all my icons were unhidden and all over the place - Tons in Downloaded folder for instance.
    When I chose the original theme all my icons were back how I like them, so it must store the info somewhere!

Hope this helps.
    02-12-09 08:34 AM
    Yep, it does! I was hoping for this!!

Thanks!!
    02-12-09 08:39 AM
    Yeah, it's good to hear that it does messes it up when u go back. It would've been nice if it didn't mess up when u went to a NEW theme too.... Took me a long time to set everything up.
    02-12-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD