I am surprised one has not shown up yet.

Horde of course.

Paladins not apply.
    02-18-09 06:01 PM
    ima take a crack at it

not a wow fan but could be a neat theme
    02-18-09 06:04 PM
    yeah it seems as if the talent/skill icons in wow are already the perfect size for something like this.
    02-18-09 06:13 PM
    yeah it seems as if the talent/skill icons in wow are already the perfect size for something like this.
    I totally agree. For the Horde! Din's need not apply.

-Lvl 80 DK Full T7.5
    02-18-09 06:56 PM
    ima take a crack at it

not a wow fan but could be a neat theme

awesome....
    wtb pics !

02-19-09 12:19 AM
    Already working on premium ones for both horde and alliance. Completely custom, not just a few background image changes. They'll be $1 each when released. Expect it within the next week or two.
    02-19-09 12:24 AM
    Great, looking forward to it!
    02-19-09 01:23 AM
    whats going to be so "premium" about them? like what is going to set these apart from the other themes out there already?
    02-19-09 08:14 AM
    Nobody has done em yet coz were too busy and addicted to playing!

For the Horde!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 08:25 AM
    I remember my WoW days .... i was super addicted and then i stopped playing when i went back to school pre WotLK

FOR THE HORDE.... (I was a Orc Hunter)
    02-19-09 09:30 AM
    I am surprised one has not shown up yet.

Horde of course.

Paladins not apply.
    LoL, if only paladins were still alliance-only..shucks that was 3 years ago
    02-19-09 09:41 AM
    whats going to be so "premium" about them? like what is going to set these apart from the other themes out there already?
    A LOT more time and effort goes into every single little detail. From the way you interact with the phone, the individual animations/transmissions, each and every icon, completely custom made backgrounds and a lot more debugging.

A free theme I can easily dump out after an hour or two of work... I'm not worried if about testing it for performance or ensuring everything is perfect as long as it works.

A premium theme would go through week's of design, care and debugging to make every aspect perfect.
    02-19-09 09:55 AM
    Already working on premium ones for both horde and alliance. Completely custom, not just a few background image changes. They'll be $1 each when released. Expect it within the next week or two.
    Ok, I'm a closet WoW addict myself and unfortunately I introduced my wife to it and now she's worse than I am.

Ravr, be very careful with the "pricing" thing. Remember all images are property of Blizzard, even if you create new ones that resemble them. I would instead suggest you make this a donation based theme.

For the Horde! (although my wife is making me play Alliance with her sometimes) **As a note I always wash my hands after playing Alliance to clean off the lingering smell of defeat. Let the games begin!
    Last edited by Daniel.Black; 02-19-09 at 10:03 AM.
    02-19-09 09:57 AM
    Ok, I'm a closet WoW addict myself and unfortunately I introduced my wife to it and now she's worse than I am.

Ravr, be very careful with the "pricing" thing. Remember all images are property of Blizzard, even if you create new ones that resemble them. I would instead suggest you make this a donation based theme.

For the Horde! (although my wife is making me play Alliance with her sometimes) **As a note I always wash my hands after playing Alliance to clean off the lingering smell of defeat. Let the games begin!

Carefull with that....

Showed my wife WoW and ended up leaving me for a kid she met in Az. lol
    02-19-09 10:17 AM
    Carefull with that....

Showed my wife WoW and ended up leaving me for a kid she met in Az. lol
    Ouch...a pally no doubt.

But seriously I am sure asking for donations instead will be much safer.
    02-19-09 04:37 PM
    Ouch...a pally no doubt.

But seriously I am sure asking for donations instead will be much safer.
    Naw, a weak tank that I CRUSHED in PvP when he tried to stand up to me lol...
    02-19-09 05:13 PM
    OMG I was just looking to see if there was a WoW theme. Horde FTW!
    02-20-09 12:17 PM
    **As a note I always wash my hands after playing Alliance to clean off the lingering smell of defeat.
    LOL
    Lok'tar OGAR!
    02-20-09 12:19 PM
    please please please get a WOW theme!

I agree, the icons are perfect size, first aid could be help, etc

jesus, just thinking about it makes me happy
    02-20-09 07:14 PM
    I've been doing some prep work for this and have over 5500 icons from WoW. Unfortunately the vast majority of icons are 40x40, which the Storm needs at least 90x96. *update: at least 73x73

So a lot of work is needed to use existing WoW icons in creating new ones against a larger transparent background so the image doesn't distort with upscaling, basically trying to prevent a need for upscaling.

Backgrounds are a breeze, be it Lich King themed or perhaps some of the raids, etc. LOL, a Karazhan theme would be cool since many folks started their first 10 man raids with Kara in BC.

Icon categories available to work with:
    - class
    - empty equipment
    - icons
    - item socketing frame
    - pvp rank badges
    - spellbook
    - talent frame

Anyways, progress is slow...
    Last edited by Jubz; 02-21-09 at 11:22 AM.
    02-20-09 07:30 PM
    I think class-based versions of a WoW theme would be amazing. I'd love the opportunity to be reminded of how great of a mage I am every time I look at my Storm. Though, I can't really imagine one person wanting to make so many different icons/backgrounds etc. for variants of one theme.

Also, with regards to a raid-based theme, I think Naxx is probably one of the best choices. It would attract current players, as well as people like me who played back when it was a 40-man. :P
    02-20-09 09:38 PM
    Man I hate w.o.w
    No offense
    02-20-09 09:40 PM
    Well, a simple approach to the upscaling issue is to do this for the app icons:

Thoughts?
    02-21-09 11:21 AM
    Lol @ people who's only social 'interaction' is via their headsets and raid parties. +1
    02-21-09 11:41 AM
    Well, a simple approach to the upscaling issue is to do this for the app icons:

Thoughts?
    That actually looks really good.
    I can not wait to see the rest.
    02-22-09 11:56 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD