Can someone make a theme that tweaks the standard Storm Precision Zen to not show the yellow envelope by the batter with the red asterisk * in portrait (vertical) mode and also does not show the red asterisk * on the "Messages" envelope icon in landscape (horizontal) mode?

I have TONS of email come in to my Storm 9530 through BES and I've already created a custom profile to prevent my device from ringing, vibrating or flashing the LED when a new email arrives. I've trained myself to only check my email on the hour so this little red asterisk and yellow envelop by the battery really taunt me to check my emails as soon as they arrive on the device and it hurts my productivity very badly! If you can make them go away it'd be perfect!

I figure this might be as simple as replacing new email yellow icon with a blank image in portrait mode and replacing the new mail red asterisk * icon with the plain white outline envelop in portrait mode. However, I tried Plazmic 4.7 and I just can't figure it out

Any and all help will be appreciated! Thank you all for your great work! This will increase my productivity 10 fold!
    05-21-09 03:54 PM
    But do you still want the number of unread whatevers?
    05-21-09 04:03 PM
    Nope. I don't want to know what the count is. I don't want to even know that I have new email. This may sound counterintuitive but I literally get 1,000 emails a day and when I see these icons I feel obliged to check my email and whatever task I'm doing prior to that gets completely sidetracked.

SMS and MMS indicators can stay (I have the option set to separate these from my corporate email so they're a slanted yellow icon in portrait mode and a separate white line icon in landscape mode), but if they have to disappear too then I'm comfortable with sacrificing the alert for all yellow envelopes in portrait mode and the red asterisk * in landscape mode.
    05-21-09 04:09 PM
    what about blackberry messenger alerts?
    05-21-09 04:50 PM
    Blackberry messenger alerts are fine.
    05-21-09 07:43 PM
    Not sure if this will help:

http://imgur.com/pma3w.jpg

I put 2 boxes in the above image:

Green box - Is it possible to prevent any of the image or numbers or red asteisk * from showing up at all?

Red box - Is it possible for this icon to not change so I never see the red asterisk*? Maybe swap out the "have mail" icon with a copy of the standard "do not have mail" icon?

Basically, I don't ever want to know I have email until I choose to manually view it

I'm ok with all of the other icons and asterisks * still being there as they don't disturb me (I only get a few phone calls, blackberyr messanger IM, sms & mms a week). It's the emails that I get way too much of and need to forget about.

Thank you for you help! You are the best
    05-21-09 08:20 PM
    Not sure if this will help:

http://imgur.com/pma3w.jpg

I put 2 boxes in the above image:

Green box - Is it possible to prevent any of the image or numbers or red asteisk * from showing up at all?

Red box - Is it possible for this icon to not change so I never see the red asterisk*? Maybe swap out the "have mail" icon with a copy of the standard "do not have mail" icon?

Basically, I don't ever want to know I have email until I choose to manually view it

I'm ok with all of the other icons and asterisks * still being there as they don't disturb me (I only get a few phone calls, blackberyr messanger IM, sms & mms a week). It's the emails that I get way too much of and need to forget about.

Thank you for you help! You are the best
    Finished it. Two things though,
    1. You won't be able to know how many of anything you have, because the number itself is gone.
    2. The alert symbol in the icons itself won't show for anything at all.
    This had to be done to make them disappear for E-mail.

OTA:
    http://themestorm.net/preview.php?id=122
    05-21-09 09:11 PM
    I can't believe it! Thank you so much!!!
    05-21-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD