I'm not entirely sure how themes work as far as the different operating system versions go, and if any themes are even going to work (at least in landscape mode) on .323, so this thread can be used for one of two things:

1) Theme developers out there - are any themes not going to have the white-box issue in landscape mode or will all of them suffer from it?

--or--

2) If some will work, then this thread can be to list the compatible and incompatible .323 themes.

I'll start with this so far:

--HDD Halloween Theme by Hedone (didn't work at all on .230, so they must've fixed something in .323 to help compatibility, but still has the block issues)
    --AppleBerry Classic
    10-21-09 06:26 AM
    If you open the applications screen and hit Menu and then Options and change your Layout to somehing different and then change it back (from 2 rows to Today and then back to 2) this should fix the white bars issue. If this is what you mean. Hope it helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 07:30 AM
    In landscape mode? I tried this several times and it didn't rectify it, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

BlackBerry key off of main menu, Options, Layout, Today, Save, 2 Rows, Save, Fixed? This is what I tried to no avail. With both of the aforementioned themes.
    10-21-09 07:36 AM
    That issue is nothing to do with themes, I have it happen on teh default zen.
    10-21-09 07:51 AM
    That issue is nothing to do with themes, I have it happen on teh default zen.
    The two white bars in landscape mode? That's odd. I haven't had it happen once on Zen. Not before or after a battery pull. Hm.
    10-21-09 07:57 AM
    Damn this sucks in landscape mode. :/ I really like my theme.
    10-21-09 09:16 AM
    Miro? Anyone.

10-21-09 09:18 AM
    Elle

Urban, does not work in landscape, layout fix does not work
    Last edited by Thanontos; 10-21-09 at 09:29 AM.
    10-21-09 09:25 AM
    If you open the applications screen and hit Menu and then Options and change your Layout to somehing different and then change it back (from 2 rows to Today and then back to 2) this should fix the white bars issue. If this is what you mean. Hope it helps

This did work for me. I set it to 1 row, saved, exited, then went back in and set it back to 2 rows, saved, exited and now is working. It doesn't persist across battery pulls, though.
    10-21-09 09:32 AM
    This worked for me also. Thanks for the tip and help
    10-21-09 09:36 AM
    This did work for me. I set it to 1 row, saved, exited, then went back in and set it back to 2 rows, saved, exited and now is working. It doesn't persist across battery pulls, though.
    Just noticed that too
    10-21-09 09:41 AM
    drats not working for me and I like my themes.
    10-21-09 09:47 AM
    drats not working for me and I like my themes.
    It doesnt work on all themes. I tried it with urban but still get the side screen glitches in landscape.
    10-21-09 09:49 AM
    tried 2 themes, not working

Elle wouldnt work for me even
    10-21-09 10:00 AM
    Anyone try ProV3? by Natemz?
    10-21-09 10:09 AM
    Incompatible (white box) in landscape:

Black Pearl

My favorite theme
    10-21-09 10:15 AM
    Wow, is there any fix for this? If not, looks like I'm going back to .230.
    10-21-09 10:43 AM
    Blak series by Natemz

Changing the rows did not fix the landscape issue.

I don't see why this issue would make someone go back to .230

.230 glitched out with white bars all the time even on the default theme....that seems just as bad if not worse than this issue. even when glitched it is still more usable than when .230 glitched and you could barely see any icons unless you rotated back and forth between portrait and landscape.

So far this theme related, landscape visual glitch issue is the only bug I have encountered and a bunch of stuff is fixed from .230. (Maybe voice dialing launched for BT also)

A workaround would possibly be use orientation lock or stop tilt to stop landscape mode......themes are always nicer in portrait anyway.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 10-21-09 at 11:25 AM.
    10-21-09 11:23 AM
    Zen theme works fine for me as well but my other 2 themes are having the same issue:

HeroBerry 2.0
    I-Berry Zen
    10-21-09 11:36 AM
    Elle

Urban, does not work in landscape, layout fix does not work
    Which version of Elle? Seems this is the only theme that is supposed to work in the thread right now and it is not working for others.

I tried the weather edition and no go. The suggested workaround hasn't fixed anything for me either.
    10-21-09 11:53 AM
    Blak series by Natemz

Changing the rows did not fix the landscape issue.

I don't see why this issue would make someone go back to .230

.230 glitched out with white bars all the time even on the default theme....that seems just as bad if not worse than this issue. even when glitched it is still more usable than when .230 glitched and you could barely see any icons unless you rotated back and forth between portrait and landscape.

So far this theme related, landscape visual glitch issue is the only bug I have encountered and a bunch of stuff is fixed from .230. (Maybe voice dialing launched for BT also)

A workaround would possibly be use orientation lock or stop tilt to stop landscape mode......themes are always nicer in portrait anyway.
    the white bar in 230 is an easy fix, rotate the screen and its gone.

This is a glitch you cant fix. It scrambles the icons and sometimes you cant even read them.

you cant tell me this is acceptable.

Now to fix, all i did was change to "today" layout and then went back to the default "2 row" setup. But i will have to after every boot it appears
    10-21-09 12:01 PM
    I am using the weatherbug edition of elle. I did have the white bars at first like in howarmat's pic. I fixed by hitting the bb button and selecting options then choosing today option in layout. I saved them, and exited all the way back to the app screen. Went back in and selected 2 rows and it is working.

10-21-09 12:32 PM
    not working on any of the themes i have..oh wells..back to .230..
    10-21-09 12:44 PM
    No problems for me using the new JD Design today theme w/ Dual sliding dock, after the landscape fix
    10-21-09 12:48 PM
    So it looks like the "today" layout and back to the "default" layout fixes some but not all themes
    10-21-09 01:04 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD