Hi-

My question will clearly reveal me to be a noobie here, but I've been following the forums for awhile. I am one of those who was happy enough with OS .75 to risk introducing new problems with what was described as a "leak" (but was unsupported by VZW),.

Now that I have a new OS, I'd like to try to install a different Theme- to give the phone a new face, but I did not want anything too complicated since I didn't want anything that would cause problems. If there were themes available in BB App World, I'd have tried one already, but apparently- RIM does not think they are worthy of their support. (?)

Can anyone suggest a theme that is light on resource-usage and can anyone suggest a reason why RIM has a place to put themes, but only include one with the device, and does not include them in their App World?

Thanks for reading my question.

TONY
    06-01-09 03:22 PM
    Give the theme section a look. Plenty of suggestions and free themes there.
    06-01-09 03:59 PM
    any of elycruz's will do you well.

I run Windows OS 7 Black Limited (custom wallpaper)

06-01-09 04:46 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, night. Do you have any opinion on the resource usage of that Windows 7 theme? I'm very tempted to try it, I just don't want to slow the OS down.

Thanks again!

TONY
    06-03-09 02:19 PM
    I use the OS theme as well. I'm not sure of the size. May want to search theme thread first and if you don't find anything PM elycruz. I can vouch for the fact that it's very fast and looks sleek.
    06-03-09 04:09 PM
    Look down
    06-03-09 04:22 PM
    Tmoney! Thanks for the suggestion!

Folks- anyone reading this- if you are new to the Storm, and timid about loading it up with apps and programs that you fear will make the device run slowly, crash, or exhibit any unwanted or quirky behaviour, but still want to try a theme- TRY THIS THEME! First of all- it's really nice (and simple) and really changes the look of the Storm. Secondly it's free (but I plan on donating to the developer, because I really like his work).

The theme is called Blackberry Pro V3

TMoney- great suggestion! Thanks!!!!!

TONY
    06-04-09 08:43 PM
    I'm a huge BlackBerry Pro v3 fan myself. Red version of course.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 10:28 PM
    Personaly use the Crystal Clear NU BLAK theme... Great battery discharge rate and a few memory leak... No lag and beautiful icons...

Follow the link! http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/crystal-clear-209399/
    06-04-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD