Strukturiert is a new FREE theme by The Mynock. It works great with OS 5.0.0.328 without the need for any workarounds (ie NO WHITE BARS in landscape mode).

OTA LINK: http://tinyurl.com/Strukturiert

WALLPAPER:

Let me know what you think (be nice ) and anything that might need fixed or changed. Enjoy.

Last edited by mynockx; 11-07-09 at 05:52 PM.
    11-07-09 02:21 PM
    342 views so far and not a single comment.
    If anyone has tried this theme out, please let me know what you think. Positive feedback and/or constructive criticism is always welcome.
    11-09-09 01:33 AM
    Your theme looks really cool but with the negative backlash themes have gotten lately i dont see too many that will download and test it out. Im not but it doesnt mean you didnt make a nice theme. I think most people are at a point now where they want the reassurance of knowing plazmic has been updated so that they will feel confident in getting a theme with no issues. Whether plazmic being updating really does work ,well..... thats the wait and see part of the show..lol
    11-09-09 09:35 AM
    Your theme looks really cool but with the negative backlash themes have gotten lately i dont see too many that will download and test it out. Im not but it doesnt mean you didnt make a nice theme. I think most people are at a point now where they want the reassurance of knowing plazmic has been updated so that they will feel confident in getting a theme with no issues. Whether plazmic being updating really does work ,well..... thats the wait and see part of the show..lol
    Well, while I appreciate that... I'm not sure the "fear" of themes is warranted. I ran this particular theme for FOUR and a half days straight with no battery pull and only lost around 6 MB of memory (and I'm not convinced the loss had anything to do with the theme being run). Plus, the "white bar" issue has been removed from the equation as well.
    I also ran my Ultimate theme for over 24 hours with minimal memory loss.

Personally, I think either the manual "white bar" fix (I used orientation lock to avoid the "white bars" before fixing my themes, so I wouldn't have had any issues with the manual fix) or something else (maybe a program most other people are using and I'm not) is causing the memory leaks and NOT themes in general.

But, whatever... I guess it doesn't matter much if people aren't trying my themes, I just hope they aren't trying them for the wrong reasons.
    11-09-09 10:04 AM
    I like the theme a lot, actually. It's the only theme since .328 dropped that I've liked enough to consider. I had to dump all my old themes and go back to the default one because of decreased memory. Themes do tend to leak a bit, and I'm really enjoying not having that happen as much. Since all of my options went away except a physical battery pull (until yesterday when Giant Cashew released the MeterBerry upgrade), it just didn't appeal to me to have to rip the phone apart every day because of a memory leak. I'm not saying yours would leak, but us poor Storm owners have had our dramas lately And some good stuff, too, with the upgraded OS. Give us time...we'll come around. And because we are down in the 30-38 MB range for app memory, I think we are being cautious and really thinking more about what we load. Give us time...we will get bored with the standard theme soon enough; I'm getting there fast. And by the way, whendidyouhaveyourbabyboi? Recently? Congrats in any case.
    11-09-09 10:27 AM
    How did you fix the white bars with this theme.....

You have a skinned media folder too with the icons in it correctly! That's awesome.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 11-09-09 at 10:55 AM.
    11-09-09 10:34 AM
    whendidyouhaveyourbabyboi? Recently? Congrats in any case.
    Nope, no baby. That's from a commercial (I think it was a phone commercial or something where the guy was trying to save minutes when making a collect call). The commercial is several years old, but it's kinda stuck with me

How did you fix the white bars with this theme..... .
    It was thanks to jalaw's post in this thread (3rd post). It's a pretty simple fix, but requires not having some stuff customized.
    11-09-09 11:09 AM
    Great...I updated the Theme Issues on Different OS Versions! sticky with a link to that post.

I noticed this theme has a nicely skinned media folder with the Media Icons correctly place in it by default.....Is that a simple thing to do as well....I noticed your Ultimate theme did not do this. It's annoying to have the media icons scattered and to not be able to make a properly skinned folder to place the icons in....
    11-09-09 11:14 AM
    Well, while I appreciate that... I'm not sure the "fear" of themes is warranted. I ran this particular theme for FOUR and a half days straight with no battery pull and only lost around 6 MB of memory (and I'm not convinced the loss had anything to do with the theme being run). Plus, the "white bar" issue has been removed from the equation as well.
    I also ran my Ultimate theme for over 24 hours with minimal memory loss.

Personally, I think either the manual "white bar" fix (I used orientation lock to avoid the "white bars" before fixing my themes, so I wouldn't have had any issues with the manual fix) or something else (maybe a program most other people are using and I'm not) is causing the memory leaks and NOT themes in general.

But, whatever... I guess it doesn't matter much if people aren't trying my themes, I just hope they aren't trying them for the wrong reasons.
    Its not just you. Hope i didnt come across as being critical. I personally like themes alot but with all the themes ive used they all cause mem leaks and other issues that from what i can tell are all theme related. i use the pzen theme and have no problems at all with .328. no mem leaks or anything else that i read about in the forums. Ive used your ultimate theme in the past and did enjoy it alot. Very nice work but again issues arose. Sluggishness and such. Now that the new theme software and other app tools have been released im sure developers like yourself and others can hopefully broaden your horizons as far as what kind of creativity your can bring to the table and the effectiveness it has the devices it ends up on. Ive posted in other threads that were in a bit of a technology bump where the OS has gone past what developers were able to make for it. Hopefully now all that will be rectified. Again youve done great work and me personally do look foward to using your stuff in the future.
    Last edited by strmtrooper; 11-09-09 at 03:00 PM.
    11-09-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD