I would like someone to come up with a "theme" that has the keyboard and numbers up at all times(like a regular BB, so you can start going through your contacts or dialing faster).

I am fed up with hitting three keys before I can start typing the name of the person I would like to dial!!!!

Can I get an AMEN??

Please...
    05-13-09 05:44 PM
    hmmm....no amen from this corner
    05-13-09 05:50 PM
    LOL! I'm pretty sure this cannot be done. The keyboard is part of the OS functioning and has nothing to do with themes.

Sweet idea tho!
    05-13-09 05:50 PM
    hey wooster
    05-13-09 05:51 PM
    hmmm....no amen from this corner
    Agreed! I think that would be so annoying, LOL!
    05-13-09 05:52 PM
    You know, by going to your phone options, you can select to have either your keypad numbers or your phonebook or recent phone calls come up when you hit the phone key on the storm.

This can be found by hitting the BB button and going to options when in your phone book.
    05-13-09 05:56 PM
    You know, by going to your phone options, you can select to have either your keypad numbers or your phonebook or recent phone calls come up when you hit the phone key on the storm.

This can be found by hitting the BB button and going to options when in your phone book.
    What she said!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 06:03 PM
    I think that would look kinda weird
    05-13-09 06:03 PM
    Yes, I am aware of that...yet i still have to hit two to three buttons to start going through my contacts.

Pretend you had this really cool phone, it had a beautiful screen that clicked. But going though your contacts took three frigging clicks!!!!

Imagin a keyboard taking up the space a regular keyboard would take up on the reg BB. You could start dialing numbers, or typing the name of a contact you would like to call right away. Click the BB button to get your 12 or 16 icons...Now that would be a theme. Call it GMONEY's THEME!!!

Seriously? No one???
    05-13-09 06:06 PM
    well...you would have to hit one button to unlock the phone so you wouldn't be dialing folks at random...so a theme like that would only eliminate 1 click...not a fair trade IMO for a lame looking theme.
    05-13-09 06:27 PM
    Yea! No, just kiddin. If you want that get a curve.

05-13-09 06:28 PM
    Buy quick launch then download a theme like one of ecruz that support quick launch. Then you will be 2 clicks away from a call or what ever you want. Or buy a phone with a key board.

05-13-09 06:59 PM
    I use quicktext. Great app - click to text, hit phone key to call.
    05-13-09 07:00 PM
    Yes, I am aware of that...yet i still have to hit two to three buttons to start going through my contacts.

Pretend you had this really cool phone, it had a beautiful screen that clicked. But going though your contacts took three frigging clicks!!!!

Imagin a keyboard taking up the space a regular keyboard would take up on the reg BB. You could start dialing numbers, or typing the name of a contact you would like to call right away. Click the BB button to get your 12 or 16 icons...Now that would be a theme. Call it GMONEY's THEME!!!

Seriously? No one???
    Can't be done, as far as I know. The ability to pull up a contact just by punching in letters from the keyboard on the home screen is not tied in with the keyboard on the Strom, so even if you have the keyboard showing, typing in a name doesn't do anything other than bring up the dial screen. This isn't something that can be altered via the Plazmic theme builder.
    05-13-09 07:07 PM
    It seems like you're wanting to have quicker access to the keyboard, or the phone app/contacts list.

If you want the contact list up quicker set it up so that when you hit the green send key it brings up contacts.

But if I'm reading the question correctly all you want is quicker access to the keyboard. If this is the case go to options and set it up so that the left convenience key brings up the keyboard instead of voice dialing.
    05-13-09 07:09 PM
    hey wooster
    Hey Hey Friend! How goes it? How's the stacks?
    05-13-09 07:12 PM
    assign your phone to a convenience key or something. or buy quicklaunch. also if you just hold the green button for 2 seconds it will pull up your contact list, and call from there by hitting the green button again after you find your contact
    05-13-09 07:46 PM
    three clicks, you are honestly complaining about three clicks?
    05-13-09 07:55 PM
    Why not just use voice dialing? Push one button and say "Call Joe the plumber" I mean wouldn't you know who you want to call in the first place?
    05-13-09 09:53 PM
    yuck!

... darned 10 characters.
    05-14-09 12:25 AM
    The phone is primarily intended to preform so many other paramount tasks, calling is just something that the phone does too. Would you like to press three buttons for your email? browser? sms/mms? NO
    05-14-09 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD