Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Storm 9530 will not turn on at all.

My unlocked Storm 9530 will not turn on at all. A few months back I kept getting the error 507 message, at which time I rebooted it using BBSAK and the hard reset. Now the device will not charge up, power on, no lights flash regardless of what I do, and Verizon will not touch it because it was purchased off craigslist and I'm not a Verizon customer. I purchased (2) new batteries , a charging dock, new usb cable, and an external battery charger. No luck with any of this, so far. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Oh wow, sorry for your troubles. I don't have experience with this, so this is a long shot ... a lot of us had trouble with our 9550s with lose battery doors and I can't remember if I had troube with my 0530. It doesn't sound like it but is worth a shot. Make sure that battery is in right. Then make sure the battery cover is holding the battery in tightly. How I solved the problem was a small section of my business card (double layer) taped inside.

Hopefully someone with some better ideas will come forward. Wellcome to the CrackBerry Nation, BTW. Do a search on the forums and you might find the answer. You will get way more out of your Berry by hanging out here. Good luck!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts

Sounds like time to move to a new phone. New new phone...not a Storm for 3 years ago.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINCH ME!!! My Z30 and Playbook are so great I must be dreaming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Doss View Post
    My unlocked Storm 9530 will not turn on at all. A few months back I kept getting the error 507 message, at which time I rebooted it using BBSAK and the hard reset. Now the device will not charge up, power on, no lights flash regardless of what I do, and Verizon will not touch it because it was purchased off craigslist and I'm not a Verizon customer. I purchased (2) new batteries , a charging dock, new usb cable, and an external battery charger. No luck with any of this, so far. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME.
    Have you tried leaving it on a charger for awhile. What you may think is a charged battery, may not be charged much at all. Also, just to check if it has any signs of life, remove the battery, then connect a charger. Does the red light come on for 1 long pause? If so, then (although you bought 2 batteries) you may want to verify some way some how that those batteries are good. Just a suggestion. There was a time or two when I thought something was wrong with my Storm, but after leaving it on a charger for awhile it came right back up. Keep your head up, something will come through.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINCH ME!!! My Z30 and Playbook are so great I must be dreaming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scuebydue View Post
    Sounds like time to move to a new phone. New new phone...not a Storm for 3 years ago.
    Maybe they can't afford 1, #imjussayin, your post isn't neccesary.