This is my first fully skinned theme.

FEATURES:

Fully Skinned
    • Custom Backgrounds
    • Custom Icons with a handful of exceptions. (In keeping with the Springsteen tradition of the entire band dressing in black, icons are in Black & White but colorize when they get focus)
    • Custom bright yellow corners that highlight the icon that has focus. (Wasn’t sure if colorization of icon was enough on some icons). Please let me know what you think.
    • Custom Guitar new message indicator. (Created it a little large so its more visible
    • Custom Battery Life indicator, a 5-piece Drum Set. Each drum darkens (1/2 at a time) and the base drum turns red when it’s the only one left. Drum set outline remains.
    • Lists and Buttons highlight in black or gray.

Note: I tried to keep icons with a little bit of a musical theme such as Tasks is a Setlist, Voice Notes is a stage mic, Clock is a guitar pic clock, Maps is a NJ map, Search is binoculars, Sounds is a speaker, etc…..

The following screens may not be as clear or bright as the actual because they are .GIF files.

This view shows all the icons in the home screen plus the colors for lists and buttons.

This shows ALL the skinned Icons and the lock screen (Landscape)

This shows the battery indicator as the level reduces.

All lock screen displays are taken from Plazmic since with the screen locked you can capture the screen. The battery view is taken from the simulator because I really didn’t want to sit around waiting for the battery to drain.

I have two versions. I don’t like putting photos in the backgrounds of buttons because it gets too busy and makes it difficult to see & read the icons.

1. In order to keep memory usage down, the first theme only has 2 photos used on home screen and lock screen (different for portrait & landscape)

2. This 2nd theme has 3 additional photos used in lock screens and incoming call screen. But this theme is also over 800K and used 16 .cod files for the OTA download.

Please check out the themes at Digital Paintshop and click on the Blackberry Storm Themes button. There are several free themes that can be downloaded but this one will cost a whopping $1.49 as all my themes are $1.49.

Sorry, but for now, you have to pay via Paypal, provide me your email address, then I’ll email you the link to download. Please state whether you want OTA or ZIP.

You can suggest and request themes at my site. Suggestions are free, requests are $7 and themes will then be available for $1.49.

Please everyone, let me know what you think. Criticism welcome. I’ll take the bad as well as the good.

Thanks.
    Last edited by kwoodford; 03-25-09 at 09:30 PM.
    03-25-09 09:25 PM
    **** YEA what a nice complete theme! I am from the heartland and actually live close to the stone pony where he grew up performing. I have been to "thunder road" a bunch of times. NJ+Bruce=WIN!
    03-25-09 09:31 PM
    Been to Stone Pony a handfull of times and saw many of the band but never Bruce. Been to about 30 of his shows. Still rocks at almost 60. Thanks for the feedback.
    03-25-09 09:39 PM
    Ok, not many Springsteen fans. But had hoped to get a few more comments either good or bad just to know if I'm headed in the right direction with developing themes.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    03-27-09 12:27 PM
    I'm not really a fan, but the way you designed the theme looks good keep it up!!!
    I really like the icons you should def incorporate them on the next theme you design. I will def be looking for future themes from you.
    Last edited by thearmybouncer; 03-27-09 at 12:37 PM.
    03-27-09 12:28 PM
    friggin awesome-
    Seen the boss about 14 times (waiting for the tour to come back this time around).
    One thing though, Soozie's now a member of the band, she doesn't earn a spot?!
    03-27-09 12:52 PM
    I'll have to Photoshop her in on a future release. Is she an official member of E-Street now? Is she touring on this upcoming tour?

Thanks for the comments and feedback.
    03-27-09 01:12 PM

Please check out the themes at Digital Paintshop and click on the Blackberry Storm Themes button. There are several free themes that can be downloaded but this one will cost a whopping $1.49 as all my themes are $1.49.

Sorry, but for now, you have to pay via Paypal, provide me your email address, then I�ll email you the link to download. Please state whether you want OTA or ZIP.

You can suggest and request themes at my site. Suggestions are free, requests are $7 and themes will then be available for $1.49.

Please everyone, let me know what you think. Criticism welcome. I�ll take the bad as well as the good.

Thanks.
    I just got PM'd by a moderator because I linked to an external site in my post instead of to a direct OTA download and had to fix it.
    Apparently Forum Rules do not allow this:

"The themes listed in this forum must be free themes for the community. Direct download links (either OTA or Desktop) must be provided and may not link to external sites. No themes may be offered for sale from your personal site through these forums as it violates the No Advertising Policy of our Terms of Service. If you would like to sell you theme through Crackberry.com, please take the steps to sign up as a developing partner via MobiHand, Inc. - Services For Software Developers and you may choose to have it listed the ShopCrackberry.com store."

Just thought I would give you the heads up.
    03-27-09 01:48 PM
    48hughey,

Thanks for the heads-up. I didn't realize that. I've seen so many posts with links that it never occured to me. Thats what I get for not reading the rules as closely as I should have. I'll wait but I'll be prepared to make changes.

Thanks again.
    03-27-09 04:08 PM
    I love it and will buy when my paycheck comes in!!!!!!!!
    03-27-09 04:21 PM
    Awesome job. Icons look fantastic. Love the battery meter & msg indicator. Any other band themes in the works?
    03-28-09 09:31 AM
    Wow man, cool icons, very unique!
    03-28-09 09:38 AM
    Thanks Sultan,

I appreciate the feedback. A lot of views but not many comments from people.
    03-29-09 11:41 AM
    Any Band Theme requests that might use some of these icons or battery meter?

Please let me know or PM me.
    03-29-09 07:14 PM
    fan or not, this is a well put together theme, you have some skills my friend
    03-29-09 09:42 PM
    Thank you Mr. Miagi. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. Rock on.
    Last edited by kwoodford; 03-31-09 at 01:11 AM.
    03-30-09 06:12 PM
    Ok, not many Springsteen fans. But had hoped to get a few more comments either good or bad just to know if I'm headed in the right direction with developing themes.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Hi ... Any SPRINGSTEEN "themes for OS6 ? . . . Plz !! Thx and will gladly "comment!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 12:45 AM
    Any Band Theme requests that might use some of these icons or battery meter?

Please let me know or PM me.
    RUSH! I've been looking for an awesome Rush theme for S2 for quite a while. But do to "copyright infringement." No one has been able to do one for me. Btw; this theme looks Great! Just not a Springsteen fan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD