First off, I know this is in the complete wrong place, more so the wrong website.. but I knew I would have a better chance of getting an answer here than anywhere else!!

So heres the problem. I'm on a mac running vista on virtualbox. I have bb desktop manager loaded on to the virtual vista, but i cannot get my storm to connect to it!

My storm won't mount onto virtualbox, and I have no idea how else I could load my themes onto my storm. (Okay, so this is partially in the right thread haha) I have plazmic setup on the virtual computer also, but its no help if I cant export the themes I make to my phone!!

Help would be lovely, thanks!
    02-17-09 08:44 PM
    really?? no one can help??
    02-18-09 07:34 AM
    I found that disableing the "MassStorageMode" on my Storm solved the Problem with connecting the Storm to DesktopManager in a vb. Altough my setup is different (Debian Linux with WinXP guest-system in vb).
    08-16-09 12:41 PM
    @eingomer: Thanks for that - there are similar threads on the VirtualBox and Ubuntu forums but you're the first to mention this (I'm running XP on VB 3.0.10 hosted by Ubuntu Jaunty 64).

This certainly helps but there is still a problem with VB seeing the USB connection going inactive eventually and DM hanging, though with MSM switched off that time-out seems long enough to complete a sync or backup. I'll do some more trawling around the forums (fora? Never was a Latin scholar...) to see if there are any better fixes.

@merissa1408: Have you installed the VirtualBox Guest Additions on your Vista VM? On Linux and Windoze hosts it's essential for USB connectivity, among other things. I've never used VB on a Mac so I've no idea if it's the same.
    11-14-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD