I'm a brand new Storm user (four days) and have downloaded the Today Carousel Plus with Call Log Theme (the one with unhidden Message, Call Log, and Calendar - http ://forums.crackberry.com/f131/evolution-today-crossbar-plus-theme-173772/. I'm finding it's the best theme for the way I use my BB but I have an issue with it that I need help resolving.

The issue is: On my phone instead of having "Message", "Call Log", and "Calendar", sections like the theme is supposed to have; I have "Message", "PHONE", and "Calendar" sections. Clicking on "Phone" brings up the dialer. How do I get "Call Log" to show instead of "Phone"?

I would guess that the problem is more than likely caused by a setting I don't have right instead of the theme being broken, but I need help figuring out what that setting is. I looked through the phone but the only setting I could find that I thought might cause this was that I had the Call Log set as the default view on the dialer screen. I changed the default view to dialer then did a battery pull but even after that the theme still says "Phone" instead of "Call Log". I need it to be the "Call Log".

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't PM or email the author of the theme because I don't have 10 posts yet.

Thank you!
    09-07-09 11:34 AM
    While in phone app hit menu button/options/General options...initial view=call log
    Today will still say phone..there is no call log app except inside phone app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 01:03 PM
    there used to be a call log icon for the home screen but it got taken out many builds ago.
    09-07-09 03:02 PM
    Do you know why RIM chose to remove the call log? I had it on my Pearl and it was great being able to highlight a call right on the home screen then click the green phone button and dial the call. Now I have to click the phone button then highlight the call and click the phone button again to dial.

Does anyone know if there is some way that it (or the files that ran it) can be extracted from one of the older builds and installed on the newer ones? Or maybe can it be moved from the phone application to the main applications or home screen?
    09-07-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD