I bump my previous post regarding a thread rating theme developers level of customer support. Perhaps more people have to complain, the idea of someone (a seasoned theme beta tester) creating a thread, or maybe the idea may carry more weight being expressed by someone else here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 06:09 PM
    Since there are 2 clocks on the homescreen can you possible implement a way to hide the big clock for wallpaper showoff time?
    03-27-10 08:54 PM
    got some screenshots to show this theme off a lil!
    Noticed that the BerryWeather temp icon in the status gets cut off if there is any other indicators there. A minor glitch, but strange to see a status notification just get chopped.
    03-28-10 07:36 AM
    Since there are 2 clocks on the homescreen can you possible implement a way to hide the big clock for wallpaper showoff time?
    I always thought that the Hero theme was strange that way, displaying two clocks.
    03-28-10 07:37 AM
    Yeah bob there will be.a fix put out soon to correct the cutoff for the temp atleast that's what I was told by the dev

03-28-10 12:54 PM
    Can't wait for the update!

Thanks! this will make everyone HAPPY
    03-28-10 04:32 PM
    I just saw your updated first post as well. Don't get me wrong from my previous post, I appreciate all of your hard work and the theme looks/works great. Looking forward to the update!
    03-29-10 09:38 PM
    Thanks OP for the timely update!
    03-31-10 11:04 AM
    Love the updates! For 9700, the only thing keeping me from using this theme everyday is having Quicklaunch being launched by the SPACE bar.

Keep up the great work.

Kevin
    03-31-10 01:16 PM
    I was so excited to see the 2.0 update that I downloaded it within minutes of it being available. At first I was very impressed. Numerous bugs, memory leaks galore and 4 battery pulls later I'm not so happy.

How can I get 1.0 back?? The QL button on the home screen keeps launching QL and Viigo (14th position). The theme is very unresponsive and it soaks up my 26 free megs of memory in less then 3 hours.

I sure hope that v.2.1 is coming soon.
    Last edited by decoy72; 04-01-10 at 09:31 PM.
    04-01-10 09:18 PM
    I was so excited to see the 2.0 update that I downloaded it within minutes of it being available. At first I was very impressed. Numerous bugs, memory leaks galore and 4 battery pulls later I'm not so happy.

How can I get 1.0 back?? The QL button on the home screen keeps launching QL and Viigo (14th position). The theme is very unresponsive and it soaks up my 26 free megs of memory in less then 3 hours.

I sure hope that v.2.1 is coming soon.
    I'm with you Decoy72, not very happy with the 2.0 update. Here are my issues:

The theme is very sluggish now, the screen transitions are jerky and not smooth at all. The theme is hemorrhaging memory for me also. I did a battery pull after installing and another was required within just a couple of hours for me.

Plus, there are still some quirks that just don't make sense with this theme. I see what the developer was trying to do with the plus sign on the bottom right, but it just doesn't work well on the storm. To activate QuickLaunch, you can only tap the plus sign, if you press and click, you activate QuickLaunch and launch Icon Slot 14. Major pain, I don't think that is what the developer intended to happen.

I also don't understand why the fonts are not consistent throughout. Small some places, large other places, and then there is that ugly block font used on the recent calls list and the contacts view. Personally, I prefer a smaller, clean font, which is used in most places of the theme.

Regarding the hidden today, why is it a 2-step process to make it work? First, you have to activate the hidden today background, then choose the messages or calendar icon to see the hidden today. It seems to me that the appearance of the background for hidden today should be automatic. Maybe that requires a fixed 'hotspot' for messages and calendar. If so, use the date as a hidden hotspot for the calendar, and instead of wasting the entire top banner as a hotspot for Manage Connections, make the Manage Connections hotspot on the right side of the banner and make the left side of the banner a hotspot for messages, since this is where the notification icons are. I hate to see wasted space, so you could even use the space to the left of the weather slot as a hotspot for something like Sound Profiles.

Plus, the implementation of the additional sliding dock is just awkward. Not crazy about that at all. It was easier to just hit the menu button for additional icons.

However, I will say that the clock on the homescreen is perfect. I have not experienced the issue some have reported, and it is just beautiful. Definitely the best clock I have ever seen. Plus, I do like most of the color choices throughout the theme. The wallpaper is also very nice and vibrant, it just pops.

This theme could be great, but it needs some work to get there. I am hoping for an update because I just can't use the current release.
    04-02-10 07:08 AM
    Overall this theme is visually perfect! The best to date. Again like Lillypad and decoy I too noticed that version 2.0 is very sluggish and hemorrhaging memory also.
    04-03-10 01:12 PM
    Theme is very good looking, but to be honest it did leak my battery a little bit with the v2 upgrade. After deleting my battery life improved. Running .607 straight on my 9550.
    04-03-10 02:54 PM
    This theme is awesome! With that said, however, I can't justify $6 for a theme. Developers are making bad @$$ themes everyday, and they're being sold for $1.99 or $2.99 tops.

$6? Really?
    04-06-10 06:00 PM
    This theme is awesome! With that said, however, I can't justify $6 for a theme. Developers are making bad @$$ themes everyday, and they're being sold for $1.99 or $2.99 tops.

$6? Really?
    04-06-10 06:01 PM
    I'm with you Decoy72, not very happy with the 2.0 update. Here are my issues:

The theme is very sluggish now, the screen transitions are jerky and not smooth at all. The theme is hemorrhaging memory for me also. I did a battery pull after installing and another was required within just a couple of hours for me.

Plus, there are still some quirks that just don't make sense with this theme. I see what the developer was trying to do with the plus sign on the bottom right, but it just doesn't work well on the storm. To activate QuickLaunch, you can only tap the plus sign, if you press and click, you activate QuickLaunch and launch Icon Slot 14. Major pain, I don't think that is what the developer intended to happen.

I also don't understand why the fonts are not consistent throughout. Small some places, large other places, and then there is that ugly block font used on the recent calls list and the contacts view. Personally, I prefer a smaller, clean font, which is used in most places of the theme.

Regarding the hidden today, why is it a 2-step process to make it work? First, you have to activate the hidden today background, then choose the messages or calendar icon to see the hidden today. It seems to me that the appearance of the background for hidden today should be automatic. Maybe that requires a fixed 'hotspot' for messages and calendar. If so, use the date as a hidden hotspot for the calendar, and instead of wasting the entire top banner as a hotspot for Manage Connections, make the Manage Connections hotspot on the right side of the banner and make the left side of the banner a hotspot for messages, since this is where the notification icons are. I hate to see wasted space, so you could even use the space to the left of the weather slot as a hotspot for something like Sound Profiles.

Plus, the implementation of the additional sliding dock is just awkward. Not crazy about that at all. It was easier to just hit the menu button for additional icons.

However, I will say that the clock on the homescreen is perfect. I have not experienced the issue some have reported, and it is just beautiful. Definitely the best clock I have ever seen. Plus, I do like most of the color choices throughout the theme. The wallpaper is also very nice and vibrant, it just pops.

This theme could be great, but it needs some work to get there. I am hoping for an update because I just can't use the current release.
    Sometimes,more features make theme more bugs.But we will try our best to make theme perfect or design some other simply version to fit different need form different people.

Thanks your feedback and suggests,We will consider these to next upgrade.
    04-07-10 03:22 AM
    2010/4/22
    New*Real Hero V2.1 is releasing.

Change log:
    *Optimized and fixed lag issues for Storm1/2*.
    1,Change the button that it is on the middle of homescreen at bottom to a customizable icon(Slot13) and "+" button is slot14 at application list.(Touch screen)
    2,Move the side bar to down.(Non-touch screen)
    3,Add "Today" feature to Non-touch screen device.There are 3 items displayed(must have today itmes) on Today area(ON THE RIGHT OF SLOT4).
    4,Add Curve 85xx(4.6os+) and 8350 support.
    Note:OTA link is upgrade to 2.1 for new or old customers,if you like v2.0,please download .zip file form purchase info and installed it by your PC.
    04-22-10 04:01 PM
    Downloading the update now. I hope it fixed the battery drain 2.0 and previous versions were giving me.

04-23-10 07:57 AM
    First impressions; plenty of lag when switching orientations. I suggest removing the homescreen transition to reduce the lag. Also it would be nice if the QL hotspot was click instead of touch to prevent accidental opening of the app.

04-23-10 08:09 AM
    As FYI, not much has changed from v2.0 to v2.1. I noted a list of functionality quirks and performance issues in v2.0, only two of the 12 were addressed. Since, for whatever reason, there are two forums to discuss Storm themes (Storm 1 and Storm 2), here's a link to message in the Storm 9550/9520 Theme forum where I've summarized what's was fixed and still what is "wrong" with this theme (IMHO).

As I mentioned in my original message, graphically this is stunning, but functionally this isn't ready to be kept as a theme on my device.
    04-23-10 08:47 AM
    Great theme with SO MUCH potential but still has MAJOR memory leak on Storm 1 and issue with clock display distorting at times still exists.
    Look forward when these problems can be addressed. This could be a major player for so many people.
    04-23-10 11:10 AM
    Theme looks really good, just has a few quirks. Major memory drain, but the lag isn't terrible.

Just odd that the HT is stays there, even when the panel that slides in from the left is put away. Just seems like too many finger moves to have it act the way it should.

Overall, not bad, but the memory leak REALLY needs fixing.
    04-29-10 11:58 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD