:: sigh :: This is difficult folks, but I need to come clean, I need to confess my sins, I need to ask for your mercy, your understanding, your support.

I don't think there's a more loyal fan of AB than me, I advocate it in other threads, show it off to friends, and, I guess you could say, it's my "trophy wife" (is this sounding familiar?). But, no matter the loyalty, I found myself succumbing to temptation last week and within a blink of an eye, before you could say "But, Tiger....think of your WIFE!" I strayed. I felt horrible, guilty as ****, but it was just all so delicious....something new, different, tantalizing, sexy. Catholic guilt aside, I went for it, figuring Andrew would never know....lol. Keep in mind that I've installed many themes, but always with the idea of trying it for a day and then deleting it. This one was different. The colors, the theme approach, etc., had me thinking "hey, this is different and I may just nest with it for a while...."

A few days ago, I had decided that the freshness, the newness, the allure, was all a thing of the past and it was time to return home to my wife. Last night, when a client asked me to show them something, and I had to click, flick, tap, ponder, etc., I decided, "that's it, I'm changing back TONIGHT!" :: WHEW :: I'm home now, honey, please forgive me, there was no emotional involvement, honest, it was just physical. It won't happen again!!!!

Seriously, I may simply use the wallpaper from the theme I bought, sort of like a "sexy new wrapper." Sometimes, all ya' need is a little bling! I may even be able to skip rehab!
    I couldn't have said it better myself
    Any other theme might be fun for a day or two, but I get home sick.
    02-28-10 06:00 PM
    Don't know of this has been mentioned before but the transitions in 2.0 don't seem to play well on my phone. Specifically when I use the end button to keep apps running in the background like Pandora. It doesn't clear off the screen completely leaving a thin bar along the top of the screen. If I turn to portrait or landscape depending on where I was it seems to fix it but gets a bit annoying.

I'm running ooak .419 /.497 /.509 hybrid so maybe that's the problem. I will try to load a version without transitions and test it out.

Great work as always Hastings, I can't wait for dark update.

P.S. Is an updated spaces version in the works?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

EDIT: I've since deleted version 4 with transitions and installed version 2 without and the problem went away. I really liked the slide effect but I'll take better functionally with version 2.
    Last edited by phillyphreak; 03-01-10 at 11:27 AM.
    03-01-10 09:59 AM
    This is actually an OS related issue, not Appleberry. So the icons do update in some of the newer OS leaks. Its just a bug with the older OS's.
    Yep, That's right. You'll need .428 or higher to get working updates on your home screen icons.
    03-01-10 04:55 PM
    Haha, you guys are hilarious.

Honestly, I have been running AppleBerry for over a year now (I developed it in early Feb) and have yet to get tired of it. I must confess I don't try too many other themes, except to check them out from a technical standpoint. I developed AppleBerry to be the new "default" theme for users who don't like Precision Zen. A lot of people like to experiment with themes, and honestly, I understand, but just know that there is always something to come back to when the thrill wears off.

As others have mentioned, the homescreen icons do not update on the stock Storm 2 OS. In terms of transitions causing issues, I have to relate it to running a hybrid OS until I hear a similar complaint from somebody running the stock OS.

I'm working on a four device wide release of AppleBerry 2.0 for the Tour, 9700, 8900, and 8300 right now. This is taking a lot of time since I normally release one device at a time. I'm also busy with other jobs, in fact I am leaving for Montreal tomorrow for the entire week (from Toronto), but I will continue to work from the road.

Version 2.1 of AppleBerry on the Storm 1 / 2 is waiting in the wings right now until I get more suggestions for improvements. I have already tweaked a few things, and I'm sure by the time I have the other devices wrapped up I will have a few new ideas for improvements.

Dark is the big priority after I launch these next four devices.

Cheers all!
    03-01-10 10:42 PM
    Running 5.0.0.509 on Tmo 8900, when I download AB Classic 2.0 I am prompted to reboot. After the reboot the theme is nowhere to be found. Am I missing something?
    03-04-10 10:37 PM
    Can some1 please upload the .cod file for the free version. I dont have internet access so i cant download it OTA...
    03-11-10 04:41 AM
    I Just bought this and it want let me download it to my phone
    03-13-10 07:58 AM
    Running 5.0.0.509 on Tmo 8900, when I download AB Classic 2.0 I am prompted to reboot. After the reboot the theme is nowhere to be found. Am I missing something?
    OS 5.0 is not yet supported on the 8900.

I have an update coming next week for your device that will enable this. Check out the thread in my signature for more info.
    03-13-10 11:13 AM
    Can you elaborate a bit more with what you're saying? What do you mean "it won't let you download to your phone" ? Did you buy it here through the app store? What happens when you're trying to download or install?

03-13-10 12:02 PM
    Hey drummerman,

You just need to extract the OTA links from the .zip file and send them to your device via. email.

Check out this guide for more info:

BlingBerry Themes - Support Page - Storm 1 / Storm 2

If you get stuck, email me directly: [email protected]

As mentioned by EP above, include as much information as you can! (=

Cheers,

Andrew
    03-13-10 12:30 PM
    First of all thank you for this amazing theme it has grown a lot since I remember when you first started with it I just purchased the 2.0 version and was wondering why it doesn't have a glass version lol is it only included in 1.X version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 03:15 PM
    I have the storm 9550 and it want download to my phone that's what I mean
    03-13-10 07:14 PM
    I was looking for the free version of AppleBerry 2.0 because a coworker of mine wanted to try it out, but I couldn't find the free version of 2.0 anywhere. Am I missing something here?
    03-19-10 11:31 AM
    I m waiting patiently for Tour version...grt8 job thanks and good luck!
    04-17-10 02:00 PM
    I was looking for the free version of AppleBerry 2.0 because a coworker of mine wanted to try it out, but I couldn't find the free version of 2.0 anywhere. Am I missing something here?
    The link is there, it just doesn't seem to be working...

The hosting account for www.edu-rate.com expired.
    04-19-10 09:37 PM
    Andrew has been busy working his magic again. He has spent the past few weeks, updating his theme for other device models but he's now returning to the beloved Storm.

I was fortunate to get an early beta version and asked to post some screen shots. He will be releasing the various iterations of Dark this week (Stacks comes out tomorrow, yeah!). AppleBerry continues to be my favorite theme. It is the cleanest, neatest (minimal home page clutter while leaving up to ten slots open for quick access), most user-friendly theme I've ever had. I still go out and "play" on occasion, but that has always lasted only a few days and then I return to 'Ole Faithful!

Andrew's updates include:

- Redesigned homescreen banner.

- New "top bar".

- New WLAN signal meter.

- Cleaned up the background throughout the theme, removed the small stars that were once there.

- New icons from AppleBerry 2.0.

- New selection gradient throughout entire theme.

- Redesigned incoming call screen. (portrait/landscape)

- New volume meter on active call screen.

- New "key modifier" graphic icons. (ALT, 123, Caps, multi-touch)

- Transitions added.

- Implemented new Stacks code, with mouse cursor to indicate highlighted icon.

- New notification icons throughout. (Email, BBM, etc)

- Reduced file size to 1.5MB, compared at a minimum 1.8MB for AppleBerry 2.0.

- Please note, landscape homescreen not activated in this version, but there will be an option to install a few versions with it.

- Other small changes.

Ok, just as I was uploading screen captures to include with this post, my photo-hosting server went down!!!! I will return a bit later and include those. Sorry, folks!

Edit: I FINALLY was able to get the screen captures posted: AppleBerry 2.0 Version 8 (no stacks, that's coming tomorrow)

http://ic2.pbase.com/o2/00/41000/1/1...ryDarkVert.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/o2/00/41000/1/124...yDarkHoriz.jpg
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 05-05-10 at 12:08 AM.
    05-04-10 01:33 PM
    <bump> Wow..where did eveyrone go? How many of you have tried out the new, 2.0 Dark? Thoughts? I love it!
    05-13-10 03:56 PM
    <bump> Wow..where did eveyrone go? How many of you have tried out the new, 2.0 Dark? Thoughts? I love it!
    Big party over here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/ap...themes-241116/

(=
    05-14-10 12:44 PM
    the link for the appleberry free OTA download DO NOT WORK ... can someone fix this...thanks
    05-28-10 09:54 PM
    The best theme i've purchased to date by far. Great work and thank you.
    06-17-10 01:43 PM
    09-23-10 04:05 PM
    Good looking theme. If I had money to spend on themes, I'd buy this one. (Talking about the Mac one made by Hastings)
    10-12-10 07:40 PM
    Hello all! This is my first theme and I'm in the process of downloading it. A couple questions, do I download all 8 OTA links? ( I hope since I'm currently on the 7th one!) I haven't been "Activating" them after each download, should I be doing that? Or do I just activate the last link? Thanks in advance, Brad
    12-21-10 11:30 AM
    Hello all! This is my first theme and I'm in the process of downloading it. A couple questions, do I download all 8 OTA links? ( I hope since I'm currently on the 7th one!) I haven't been "Activating" them after each download, should I be doing that? Or do I just activate the last link? Thanks in advance, Brad
    Hey Brad,

Nope, you only need to load one version.

Each version is an entire theme, and the only difference between each version that you can download is what is on the home screen.

Some versions feature "Hidden Today", "Stacks", and "Weather slots". Find a version that has the features you want, and install that.

It's not problem that you've installed all of the versions, but I would definitely recommend uninstalling whichever versions you're not going to use. Your device has limited memory on it, and installing 8 versions of AppleBerry will take up a lot of your memory if you keep them all on there.

To uninstall a theme, go to Options -> Applications -> find "com_plazmic_theme_AppleBerryVX" and press the BB hardware key -> Delete. You probably won't want to reboot at that point, you can uninstall the versions you don't want and then reboot to save you time.

If you have any specific questions, you can also write here: [email protected].

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Andrew
    BlingBerry Themes
    12-21-10 12:26 PM
    lemme know when it's free
    01-03-11 11:43 PM
10,775 ... 429430431
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD