I thought it would be easier for devs to come to one thread and see what the general consensus is for new themes. I know plazmic is only in beta but this helps for when the official is released or if someone can work around the bugs. So i guess i'll start first by posting that movable icons on the homescreen would be fricken sweet. Something akin to Lg Dare.
    02-14-09 01:26 AM
    Halo, cod, xbox 360, GOOD iPhone, and 24

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 01:31 AM
    I Was Thinking Maybe A Pop Out Theme When You High Light A Item It Pops Out At You Lol
    02-14-09 01:41 AM
    How about more non-Today style themes.
    02-14-09 01:55 AM
    Im looking for a theme that stays professional with the Storms look. Like the Icons can be simular and have like a business appeal to them. They of course highlight when you touch them. Just something proffesional looking. I loved the IBerry Theme, but on my Curve. The storm just looks like a more business type phone and wouldnt want a gimmiky theme for it.
    02-14-09 02:13 AM
    Please create a Tinkerbell theme that is similar to the one that exists in Crackberry premium themes.
    02-14-09 03:01 AM
    A PS3 home theme...

02-14-09 04:11 AM
    These are great ideas. I especially like the professional storm idea.

02-14-09 09:34 AM
    These are great ideas. I especially like the professional storm idea. But also I think an android(g1) theme would be so sweet but it has to be done right with the similar contextual gestures(drag icons, hidden home screen that opens when you press button, etc) would be a nice way to run it in those android owners faces. Lol keep em coming

02-14-09 09:38 AM
    Many of the themes are interesting and visually appealing as art. Unfortunately, they also tend to be very busy and confusing--until you memorize the meanings of the icons etc. Which of course we all have to do with 3/8" square images.

I too would like to see a professional theme , but one that is artistic and instantly clear. I tend to like a color palette that is consistent but with enough variety to help in easily identifying items.

Attached is an example of some icons I like.
    Last edited by SocaZeus; 02-14-09 at 10:48 AM.
    02-14-09 10:43 AM
    cadillac theme
    02-14-09 10:45 AM
    how bout a pervert theme for us perverts i dont need a today theme dont have anything that important to do that i cant remember but i do like boobies lol
    02-14-09 10:46 AM
    how bout a pervert theme for us perverts i dont need a today theme dont have anything that important to do that i cant remember but i do like boobies lol
    ;-) nice.

02-14-09 10:50 AM
    I am not saying to make a microsoft themed one but I would really like to see something using aero type glass from vista, like maybe the transparent blurring glass as a bottom dock with some nice vibrant hi-res icons, and if possible use that crossbar thing so they can glide across the glass bar, maybe even make the one you are hovering over magnify like with real docks out there on the net. Also make all the other boarders glass too, the notification windows glass, menu's glass, keyboard and dialer pad glass, calculator glass ect. I think that this would be really nice. I wish I had the experience time with plazmic to do it myself. Again, I am just suggesting the aero glass, not windows icons or any other microsoft related items. I just think the glass (preferably blurred like aero) would be really clean and neat looking. And if someone does develop this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, make multiple versions, Not everyone likes the today version. I personally would just like the scrollbar bottom Idea i suggested.

blah blah blah, sorry for such a long reply lol.
    02-14-09 10:51 AM
    Many of the themes are interesting and visually appealing as art. Unfortunately, they also tend to be very busy and confusing--until you memorize the meanings of the icons etc. Which of course we all have to do with 3/8" square images.

I too would like to see a professional theme , but one that is artistic and instantly clear. I tend to like a color palette that is consistent but with enough variety to help in easily identifying items.

Seriously, those icons are epic, they would go amazingly with the suggestion I just made above, either way. If those are used in a theme, I WANT IT. very nice.
    02-14-09 10:54 AM

Those are nice icons. If they are public domain and you can post a link to them or post a zip of them perhaps someone will put them in a theme.

-Greg
    02-14-09 11:07 AM
    I'd like to see a beach/ocean/tropical type theme. I have not found good icons for it though and I have no artistic talent

-Greg
    02-14-09 11:09 AM

I could make a professional theme with those. You want it like the default theme right?

02-14-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD