theme has been updated to version

Needed to fix the black text in the profile/quicklaunch menus. Found the bugger and all is well.
    07-02-09 02:21 AM
    did the update and for whatever reason icons still aren't as crisp, most noticeable on the chrome icon. its better then it was, but still kind of grainy.

My only other real complaint is the background images. Its a very busy/dull colored background for the app menu, would be nice to see it replaced by something a little cleaner. I know its from HTC but generally when I think of their stuff clean lines/gradients and very smooth overall look comes to mind.

anyways just my opinion on a few things.
    07-02-09 06:24 PM
    Coming Today:

Mobihand/Crackberry Link
    Price 5.99

Oh heck its my birthday so how about half off until 7/6.

The Original HTC Android Sense UI - Conversion

Features:

Theme INTERGRATES WEATHERBUG INTO THE LOCK SCREEN.
    Hiding bottom dock with buttons to hide/show icons.
    Left up/down arrows hide/show social networking icons
    Right plus/minus signs hide/show docked icons

Weatherbug/Meterberry/ etc shows on below time in dock

Hot Spots:
    Time- Clock
    Battery - Options
    Signal Meter - Manage Connections
    Left of Clock Grey area - Quicklaunch
    Right of Clock Grey area - Profiles
    Screen - Applications Menu

Fully Skinned

Original HTC Hero wallpapers and Fonts used.

Full 151 compatible.

Social Icons require program installs: Facebook, Ubertwitter, Myspace, YouTube

As a bonus here are the other stock Hero Wallpapers.
    wow this is VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!

BE CAREFUL BEFORE YOU BUY THIS CRAP!

NONE of the home screen Icons are Customizable except for the weather bug/meter berry slot....

I personally don't use ANY of the social networking apps.

I want a refund! Or this theme needs to be modified.

If you look at the preview pics, you can't even see all 4 social networking apps. You can only see two.

besides the social networking apps dock, you CANNOT Customize the lower dock with the frequently most used apps.

/uninstall

Don't waste your time or money until this theme has been fixed.
    Besides what everyone else is saying, no hidden today yet there is room for it.

WASTE OF MONEY.

Themes that are not customizable = Garbage.
    07-02-09 06:36 PM
    What is even more "DISAPPOINTING" and "CRAP" is your post. Everything you complain about is clearly explained in the product notes on both the mobihand and CB store pages. Maybe read before purchase next time and express the hatred toward yourself for not paying attention. You may also want to see post #19 above.

P.S. Happy birthday P3!!!

wow this is VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!

BE CAREFUL BEFORE YOU BUY THIS CRAP!

NONE of the home screen Icons are Customizable except for the weather bug/meter berry slot....

I personally don't use ANY of the social networking apps.

I want a refund! Or this theme needs to be modified.

If you look at the preview pics, you can't even see all 4 social networking apps. You can only see two.

besides the social networking apps dock, you CANNOT Customize the lower dock with the frequently most used apps.

/uninstall

Don't waste your time or money until this theme has been fixed.
    Besides what everyone else is saying, no hidden today yet there is room for it.

WASTE OF MONEY.

Themes that are not customizable = Garbage.
    Last edited by The Antagonist; 07-02-09 at 06:48 PM.
    07-02-09 06:46 PM
    Hi P3Designs,

I just bought this HeroBerry 2.0 theme for my Storm .151 last night and I had to say I was quite happy about it at first until i noticed this morning when I woke up that there was a "HUGE" memory leak with it. My meterberry showed a 17MB drop within 30 mins after I put my phone down so I could go to sleep. it stayed at about 5MB throughout the rest of the night and gained back like 4 MB after I started using it in the morning. I basically have removed it from my phone and now it's at a steady 24MB. I won't be asking for any refund or anything since it's really not worth the effort for a few bucks but can you look into this problem?
    09-01-09 01:57 PM
    Hi P3Designs,

I just bought this HeroBerry 2.0 theme for my Storm .151 last night and I had to say I was quite happy about it at first until i noticed this morning when I woke up that there was a "HUGE" memory leak with it. My meterberry showed a 17MB drop within 30 mins after I put my phone down so I could go to sleep. it stayed at about 5MB throughout the rest of the night and gained back like 4 MB after I started using it in the morning. I basically have removed it from my phone and now it's at a steady 24MB. I won't be asking for any refund or anything since it's really not worth the effort for a few bucks but can you look into this problem?
    You must have lots of applications and games etc running along side the theme to lose so much memory.
    I have a reasonable amount of applications weatherbug, weathereye, meterberry,
    Quicklaunch, quickpull, poynt, google maps, ringtone maker, windows instant messenger
    Crackberry launcher an mobihand app store.
    I swiched on at 7am today with 41mb went down to a lowest of 28 around lunchtime
    And now back up to 37mb at 8pm.
    Each storm is unique I guess as is each users application perfrences.
    It seems certain combinations of applications can effect memory,
    Application world and weatherbug been one which can cause lossage of memory.
    I wouldn't give up on this theme yet its worth preservering with.
    Maybe remove some apps that are laying dorment on your storm.
    Also remove other themes from memory.
    You can redownload later from your mobihand account or if their free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 02:17 PM
    Hi P3Designs,

Sorry to hear about your memory leak. First that anyone has said of this and it was tested for about a weak prior to release. I wonder what other programs you are running in the background. Themes have not caused leaks in memory since .75 and .151 is very good at memory management.
    09-01-09 08:30 PM
    I too had a pretty big memory drop using this. I switched back to the default theme and i'm back to normal. I didn't want to report it because i am using a hybrid os and i wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me. I'll probably load it up again tomorrow and see how it does if the stock theme doesn't show any leak before then. Really nice looking job on this so i hope it was just a fluke.
    09-01-09 10:17 PM
    You must have lots of applications and games etc running along side the theme to lose so much memory.
    I have a reasonable amount of applications weatherbug, weathereye, meterberry,
    Quicklaunch, quickpull, poynt, google maps, ringtone maker, windows instant messenger
    Crackberry launcher an mobihand app store.
    I swiched on at 7am today with 41mb went down to a lowest of 28 around lunchtime
    And now back up to 37mb at 8pm.
    Each storm is unique I guess as is each users application perfrences.
    It seems certain combinations of applications can effect memory,
    Application world and weatherbug been one which can cause lossage of memory.
    I wouldn't give up on this theme yet its worth preservering with.
    Maybe remove some apps that are laying dorment on your storm.
    Also remove other themes from memory.
    You can redownload later from your mobihand account or if their free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't have any apps running after i installed the theme and everything holds well until the phone goes idle, which is when the application memory dramatically dropped. You may ask whether there is any background apps running, all i can say is all I know that was running at the time were those default blackberry apps (browser, messages, etc..) that i can't turn off and i don't have any apps that are scheduled to wake up to perform any tasks. The reason i know the issue is from the theme is because there was no such memory leak immediately before I installed the theme and immediately after I uninstalled the theme.

I am a newbie on the forums but I've also noticed a slight defensive sentiment towards the accusation of memory leak. And I understand that this is may be an area that is extremely difficult and time-consuming to debug but all i am trying to do is to report what the issue that I've observed and i could care less about the $5 I just spent on something i don't use anymore. As a developer myself (BREW), if this was my app, i would be glad to know how it really works in the field and all these different bits and pieces of information from different use cases should only help me further improve my app
    09-06-09 06:10 PM
    So no upgrade for those of us who purchased (recently) past 2.0.96??
    09-06-09 10:37 PM
    I too had a pretty big memory drop using this. I switched back to the default theme and i'm back to normal. I didn't want to report it because i am using a hybrid os and i wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me. I'll probably load it up again tomorrow and see how it does if the stock theme doesn't show any leak before then. Really nice looking job on this so i hope it was just a fluke.
    Apparently, not a fluke for me either. My memory dropped down to like 17 and i then switched to another theme and am holding around 38 mbs. I had to stop using it. Hopefully this will get fixed as i really like it.
    09-07-09 12:45 AM
    Apparently, not a fluke for me either. My memory dropped down to like 17 and i then switched to another theme and am holding around 38 mbs. I had to stop using it. Hopefully this will get fixed as i really like it.
    Jon,

I wish that I had an answer for your problem with the memory. I have tested this theme for the past 24 hours I used os versions 148, 151, 5.0.0.140 and 5.0.0.191 and have been unable to duplicate your memory drop. I did not have a drop of more than 1mb using 151, 140, 191. I dip have a 2mb difference in memory using 148.

If I can find what is causing your particular memory drop then I will issue and update.
    09-07-09 10:34 AM
    duplicate posting
    +10
    Last edited by P3Designs; 09-07-09 at 10:40 AM.
    09-07-09 10:37 AM
    So no upgrade for those of us who purchased (recently) past 2.0.96??
    cicciav,

The new HeroBerry 2.0 Special Edition theme is a complete overhaul and therefore not a maintainence release for HeroBerry. In the interest of those who supported me I upgraded the storm version to 2.0.96. Those who want the features of 2.1.0.1 should do the following.

This applies to those who paid full price and purchased 9/1/2009 - 9/4/2009
    Purchase the new one and send me an email with both order numbers and I will refund the HeroBerry purchase.
    Last edited by P3Designs; 09-07-09 at 10:46 AM.
    09-07-09 10:38 AM
    @seraph

I am trying to duplicate and find the memory leak. I thank you for your post as I intend to make products that the end user enjoys.
    09-07-09 10:49 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD