Well Peeps

Here is my attempt at the theme.

I am calling it My Storm Today V1.5 for 4.7. Really should be Our Storm Today

I partly modified a custom theme i made myself adding the svg file from csalem77, jaxjon and jlawler4's sliding dock theme. Unfortunately i seem to have lost the ability to have the dock slide ( hopefully someone can fix that for me )

I also used the black icons from (X1 zEdition with Black Icons) from ant0318

And some other bits and bobs from other sources.

Here is a pic of my original theme

now here is the new theme

Dont worry about the blue text. It works better on the phone that the pictures show.

I Have been running this all day and it seems to be ok.

Any Questions PM me or BB messenger Me

Made with Plazmic 4.7.

Theme & SVG Files here - RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Jad Files here - RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Last edited by deejayburnout; 01-17-10 at 01:37 PM.
    01-17-10 01:07 PM
    Also forgot to mention that there are 3 hidden hot spot buttons.

One on the clock takes you to the clock.

One on the date that takes you to profiles.

One on the signal for manage connections.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 04:40 AM
    Very nice job!

Perhaps you could use Theme Builder 5.0 to upgrade for 5.0 OS.
    01-18-10 08:31 AM
    I like having 4 lines for messages and calander. i tried to have 4 in theme builder but its not the same, the gap between them is too much.

the theme works on my 9520 on 5.0.0.436.
    01-19-10 12:51 AM
    trying to make my own theme for a while and been trying to use the svg sliding dock files found here and everytime i do i always get the error

SVG failed to import correctly.
    Certain portions of the SVG may not be rendered correctly.
    The SVG file: C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Zen Clean 3H\bottomDock3.svg may not be rendered correctly for the following reasons:
    Duration is not defined
    Duration is not defined

Also how do you edit the font size in the banner for like the date and time

i have tried fixing it before but cant figure it out so any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by metalmike; 01-20-10 at 10:58 AM. Reason: forogt a question
    01-20-10 10:51 AM
    I like having 4 lines for messages and calander. i tried to have 4 in theme builder but its not the same, the gap between them is too much.

the theme works on my 9520 on 5.0.0.436.
    You can adjust the gap/height (and also the width) of the today area in Theme Builder by resizing the carot.png and subcarot.png images which are located in the "today-icons" folder.
    01-20-10 01:00 PM
    You can adjust the gap/height (and also the width) of the today area in Theme Builder by resizing the carot.png and subcarot.png images which are located in the "today-icons" folder.
    Awesome. Thanks for the help

i never knew this.

Gonna try this on theme builder now.

Still struggling with the svg file.

01-20-10 02:33 PM
    Like a lot of stuff on your homescreen...like me!??

Special Thanks to jaxjon for his X1 theme source files and icon files. Here's another Droid theme. It does NOT have the sliding dock...the 10 icons on the homescreen are changeable, but they do not slide in and out....as I could not get it to function properly!

• 10 changeable icons
    • 4 fixed links on the bottom bar
    • Open space on homescreen for berryweather wallpaper - small icon just fits!

Enjoy!!!

OTA
    01-24-10 09:43 PM
    did you use TB 5.0 to build that? if so maybe you can help. I cant seem to remove the tabs behind the icons on the app screens in landscape mode. I replace the image for the "tab" on TB in both landscape and portrait. (ive tried to link changes also but didnt help) On the display in TB there are no tabs but once I load the theme on the simulator or my phone the tabs are there but only in landscape. here are pictures of what im talking about. I want the landscape view to look just like the portrait w/o the squares around the icons. what am I doing wrong?
    01-30-10 06:42 PM
    did you use TB 5.0 to build that? if so maybe you can help. I cant seem to remove the tabs behind the icons on the app screens in landscape mode. I replace the image for the "tab" on TB in both landscape and portrait. (ive tried to link changes also but didnt help) On the display in TB there are no tabs but once I load the theme on the simulator or my phone the tabs are there but only in landscape. here are pictures of what im talking about. I want the landscape view to look just like the portrait w/o the squares around the icons. what am I doing wrong?
    I had this glitch happen to me just last week! Try changing the focus icon for both portrait and landscape, even if you choose the same one again. That worked for me.
    01-30-10 07:27 PM
    I have my theme finished and I wanted to make sure the OTA version worked, so I uploaded all the files to my comcast web storage. But when I link to the .jad file my browser navigates to the jad file and displays it as text instead of trying to install it. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Sciurus; 01-30-10 at 08:21 PM.
    01-30-10 08:16 PM
    I had this glitch happen to me just last week! Try changing the focus icon for both portrait and landscape, even if you choose the same one again. That worked for me.
    ok this is frustrating. I changed the focus icons, no dice. Then I inserted a blank image to the tab and I'm still getting the boxes. How are others getting these to not show up?
    Last edited by area52; 01-31-10 at 12:15 AM.
    01-30-10 10:25 PM
    Well, I can't figure out what's wrong with my OTA - probably my host (comcast.) So I'll just post what I can.
    EDIT: I figured it out - it was my .htaccess file.

Huge thanks to everybody who posted their source files here, and who gave tech support. Thanks to stanrc, who posted his source files in another thread. I should also acknowlege Natemz, whose themes inspired some design elements.

Anywho, the idea here is that I want all the "serious" apps on my homescreen without digging through menus or remembering invisible hotspots. Once I got all the stuff I need on the homescreen, then I can put the fun stuff I want in the sliding dock. So I started with all the obvious traditional hotspots, then I put the other stuff I needed on a row of buttons on the bottom of the screen. The small center button operates the sliding dock. The battery indicator is a hotspot to Options. And the area below the Today and above the dock is a hotspot to the applications menu.

Here's some screen caps:

Links:
    Source files
    Desktop files
    OTA

Any comments (especially criticisms) would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Sciurus; 01-31-10 at 05:57 PM.
    01-31-10 04:00 PM
    Okay, so I used my red theme for a week or so, and I was really happy with the functionality of it (Except for a few minor tweaks). But the more I used it the less I liked the look of it. Especially when I went looking for different wallpapers - my color scheme really limited my wallpaper options. So I decided to try a more neutral color scheme.
    I knew I didn't want to do something in black (I mean, c'mon, everybody does black ). But I saw some brushed metal wallpaper and decided I liked the look. So I went with that. I also browsed the Theme Developers Forum for some optimization tips. (This thread in particular really helped bring the file size down.) I tweaked some battery and signal meters I found here to make them look kinda 3D. I found that the stock Zen icons looked good here so I used them. I did try tweaking a couple of them to make them look engraved (like the text on my homescreen buttons), just as an experiment, and I got them looking pretty good, but when you put them up beside third party icons it just didn't look right. So I stuck with the stock icons. I don't much care for all the blue in the default theme, so I made everything either grayscale or red. And here's the final product.

The homescreen is pretty intuitive (same as the red theme above - this one just looks better. ) I've posted some screencaps, with both the default wallpaper and with a photo just so you can see the difference.

Once again, any constructive criticism would be appreciated. Or if you have any ideas what I should try next.

hmmm.... maybe a shiny black theme... :P

OTA
    Desktop
    Source files
    02-20-10 08:47 AM
    Okay, so I used my red theme for a week or so, and I was really happy with the functionality of it (Except for a few minor tweaks). But the more I used it the less I liked the look of it. Especially when I went looking for different wallpapers - my color scheme really limited my wallpaper options. So I decided to try a more neutral color scheme.
    I knew I didn't want to do something in black (I mean, c'mon, everybody does black ). But I saw some brushed metal wallpaper and decided I liked the look. So I went with that. I also browsed the Theme Developers Forum for some optimization tips. (This thread in particular really helped bring the file size down.) I tweaked some battery and signal meters I found here to make them look kinda 3D. I found that the stock Zen icons looked good here so I used them. I did try tweaking a couple of them to make them look engraved (like the text on my homescreen buttons), just as an experiment, and I got them looking pretty good, but when you put them up beside third party icons it just didn't look right. So I stuck with the stock icons. I don't much care for all the blue in the default theme, so I made everything either grayscale or red. And here's the final product.

The homescreen is pretty intuitive (same as the red theme above - this one just looks better. ) I've posted some screencaps, with both the default wallpaper and with a photo just so you can see the difference.

Once again, any constructive criticism would be appreciated. Or if you have any ideas what I should try next.

hmmm.... maybe a shiny black theme... :P

OTA
    Desktop
    Source files
    Good Job
    02-20-10 10:42 AM
    Ok finally got my theme set up, based off of #4 in the OP. Thanks again for all the help, don't know if i'll be trying many more themes, these are just insane.. major props to u guys who have the patience to do this

Anyways, this is a 'dark' hidden dock them w/ zoom only transitions, carbon fiber background on the call screens (pics dont show this but can put it in.. forgot), broken screen wallpaper when locked (pics below)

DL below
    Are the source files available for this one? I love it, but would like to tweak is slightly.

Thanks!
    Shakespeareguru
    03-10-10 09:22 AM
    Are the source files available for this one? I love it, but would like to tweak is slightly.

Thanks!
    Shakespeareguru
    unfortunately no my comp got screwed up n lost a bunch of stuff.. basically all i did was download the course files for #4 in the OP and tweak it on my own

sorry n good luck
    Last edited by GreekElite; 03-10-10 at 08:37 PM.
    03-10-10 08:30 PM
    Hi guys,

I've made up my mind to utilize a service which would enable me to place feedback button on the site and get feedbacks. I think this can assist me to understand my clients better. Is anybody utilizing a service like this? Would be grateful for your assistance
    03-22-10 10:43 AM
    I am trying to get the courage up to tackle building a them I downloaded the blackberry theme builder from BB. Will these sgv file transfer over I have notice that a couple post said to use BB theme build to get there themes to work in5.0 OS. How would u do that? And also I don't have any experience with programing so where is the best place to start. Or is there any books that I should read to get a firm starting point thank in advance for any help and this wonderful post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 12:09 PM
    Can someone tell me what you guys are using to create/open these themes? Im using the Plazmic theme builder 5.0 from blackberry but im getting an "older version used" issue then it doesnt load at all..

Thanks
    04-16-10 10:57 AM
    have a storm 1.. trying to do a 4icon hidden them with one of the docks from here.. been working pretty much all day at this somebody please take a look at my svg code and tell me what im doing wrong here..
    04-18-10 06:56 AM
    Not good at svg coding .

i just use the ones i have.

Hopefully someone can help
    06-13-10 04:10 PM
    hi i was wondering you show how to add buttons but in the theme zachriel theme two could you delete the top two buttons where the sounds and weather are located at in that theme or maybe help me figure out how to im confused when looking at it and seem to mess it up if you could help id really appreciate it i love these themes but i used mine to make an anime icon base with anime background and when the icons pop up on top it really throws my theme off
    12-22-10 11:53 PM
    ive figured out in composer i can delete the top two icons but when trying to export i get errors like parse error or homescreen.svg cannot be rendered and even opening the svg file in theme builder creates an error i really just want the top two icons off i want everything the same as the second zachriel theme except those and ive tried numerous things if anyone could help me im not very good with these things and i really just wanna cool back ground without my custom icons popping over it idk if its something that is difficult for anyone with coding but if you could even upload a link to download it without those two top icons id much appreciate it...... im such a newb i just want some help
    12-24-10 01:32 AM
    Anyone got any SVG files to share.

Bored with the one i have.

i will share any i have for this thread, and possibly make a new theme
    01-30-11 04:32 PM
475 ... 171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD