Like many people I am a fan of the hidden today feature. Is it hard to put a semi-transparent background on the hidden today so that when you are viewing your upcoming calendar appointments you can easily see them regardless of your background? Does that require some special coding that is not included in the Theme developer toolkit?

I have seen very few themes that have this feature. Am I the only person that thinks this would be a very nice feature for almost any theme?

All you Themers keep up the good work. I am always surprised at what you come up with. This has become my favorite section on CB. You never know what you will find here but it is always amazing.

Comments from theme developers are welcome.
    12-17-09 01:54 PM
    No this is not a real difficult item to add and doesn't require anything more than what is in the kit. Some of my themes incorporate this specifically because this area is hard to see with some wallpapers I am using, so i added this functionality to the ones that needed it. I guess it is mostly up to what the individual theme-maker has in mind. I am always open to and in fact welcome comments like this on my theme threads, I can't always think of everything when I make one or I may not use my Blackberry like someone else does, so I don't mind getting comments to make my themes better!
    12-17-09 02:14 PM
    I am the same way. I want to know how folks like my themes. As far as the transparent goes I have Adobe Master Collection CS4 which has Fireworks CS4 to make vector graphics. And to make the themes I use Theme Studio 5.0. Fireworks will make the pictures transparent. I am a big fan of hidden docks. You just have to remember that there are those who aren't so you have to build to suit all styles of people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 02:37 PM
    You can create a background for the today area through Photoshop or equivalent or if the background is not too bad use the font "Application Content" which has a white font with a drop shadow behind it that allows for viewing in dark or light wallpapers.
    12-17-09 04:22 PM
    I'm not sure if this is "open" for any question, so I hope I haven't jacked the thread.
    My question is, why is the phone number pad usually cut off at the bottom numbers #0*?
    Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 07:58 PM
    No this is not a real difficult item to add and doesn't require anything more than what is in the kit. Some of my themes incorporate this specifically because this area is hard to see with some wallpapers I am using, so i added this functionality to the ones that needed it.
    I bet most users use their own background. Everyone has favorite photos of family, lovers, pets, scenery, etc. For example, I use Berryweather2.0 and have the weather on the home screen. So I cannot use the backgound that comes with the theme unless the Themer posts a picture of it so I can download it. Many Themers will not post their backgrounds.

So please keep this in mind that most users will not use your background that come with the theme. Nothing personal, that's just the way it is.
    12-17-09 08:19 PM
    check out Jalaw's themes, I run Earl Grey and it has this very feature!
    12-17-09 08:40 PM
    check out Jalaw's themes, I run Earl Grey and it has this very feature!
    Jalaw makes great themes. I don't like themes with sliding or hidden docs. I don't really like themes that have icons on the home page. I'm a big fan of the hidden hotspot and quicklaunch. Keep it simple for me. Nothing fancy here.
    12-18-09 02:29 PM
    You can do this with svg like my new Speed theme. Its just not a ready avail option on the builder itself.

Cheers

John
    JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com
    JC Designs Blackberry Themes
    12-18-09 02:44 PM
    I bet most users use their own background. Everyone has favorite photos of family, lovers, pets, scenery, etc. For example, I use Berryweather2.0 and have the weather on the home screen. So I cannot use the backgound that comes with the theme unless the Themer posts a picture of it so I can download it. Many Themers will not post their backgrounds.

So please keep this in mind that most users will not use your background that come with the theme. Nothing personal, that's just the way it is.
    I try to post my theme backgrounds on my threads and i have even started to include them in the Desktop Zip version of my themes. Since BerryWeather came out it is very important at least to me to include them.

For the original post, i have always tried to incorporate some sort of background for the today or hidden today text to be easy to read.
    12-18-09 07:10 PM
    I try to post my theme backgrounds on my threads and i have even started to include them in the Desktop Zip version of my themes. Since BerryWeather came out it is very important at least to me to include them.

For the original post, i have always tried to incorporate some sort of background for the today or hidden today text to be easy to read.
    Yes, Jalaw does an incredible job on his themes and does go the extra step to make them more user friendly. A lot of Themers could take a lesson or two from him.

Keep the themes coming. I love to test them out.
    12-18-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD