Allright, been trying to get this just right and I have to put some caveats in here first.

I'm not a icon/backgrounds person, I'm a functional person, so you won't see a bunch of new icons etc from me. I basically take a few colors, and background images and stick with that, BUT I'm very interested in the functionality and how to make it "just the way I wan it".

This is now introduces my new theme Viewscape.

Effectively this is a bottom scroller screen (8 icons scrollable and configurable by the 2-9 slots on your app screen).

For me I travel a lot and play with the settings, sounds, and connection configurations so I wanted those on the home screen so I didn't have to wander around to get them (so you see them small on the home screen towards the upper right hand side)

I wanted weather on the home page... so the 1 slot you should place weather bug (or your other favorite app that get's dynamic or push content) it will appear on the upper left hand side of the home screen banner (and yes it will dynamically update).

Finally I wanted a subfolder for my applications folder so I created one .

The caveat installing this theme is the following:
    1) Your applications WILL get all moved around you will have to move them where you want them.

2) Your first app icon will be in the top left hand corner of the home screen.

3) Icons apps 2-9 will be in the bottom scroller.

I'll make a non-today version (since this is a fairly simple change) if there are requests... Also I'm willing to customize the single image I have used (if you provide me with one that you want to use).

Now for the pic of the home screen:

Original Version
    OTA Install

Today Version (original) with Black Background
    OTA Link for Viewscape Today with Black Background

Today Version (original) with Black Background (SMS split out)
    OTA Link for Viewscape Today with Black Background and SMS/MMS Split Out

Hidden Today with a black background
    OTA Link for Viewscape hidden Today with Black Background

If you like my work donate to keep it free
    Last edited by dhoch; 03-01-09 at 11:19 PM.
    02-28-09 02:33 PM
    I'm going to have to try this one out The only thing I think I'd like different on this one would be to have email and SMS seprate (I always keep them semparate).
    02-28-09 06:50 PM
    I really love the concept of this theme. I downloaded it but my phone runs really slow and I have had to reboot many times. So its not really functional.
    Nice idea thought!
    02-28-09 08:17 PM
    shemmy I can do that easily.

tsailor... I have no problems on mine with this exact theme runs very smooth... I"m betting you have something else that's causing the conflict.
    02-28-09 09:13 PM
    really loved the theme.... anyway you can send me a link to get a newer version with the SMS icon seperate from the EMAIL icon... thanks.
    02-28-09 09:52 PM
    forgot one more thing... i am on your side with functionality... theme works beautiful... can you change the image to pure black or some darker color... hard to read the icons. thanks.
    02-28-09 09:58 PM
    Haven't tried yet, wiping my device now. But can you make it with an all black background? I'm only asking if the image you currently have is set everywhere else.
    02-28-09 10:02 PM
    Ok...

I've created 3 new versions that I believe cover all requests.

Let me know if I have other customizations requested.

Thanks,

Dave
    03-01-09 07:08 AM
    Ok...

I've created 3 new versions that I believe cover all requests.

Let me know if I have other customizations requested.

Thanks,

Dave
    Thank you very much for the hard work! Def the most functional theme yet.
    03-01-09 07:31 AM
    The OTA for the split version doesn't seem to be working.

I downloaded the original version and so far I really like. The placement of the various icons really works for me. One question I need to ask is something I've found on all of the Today themes I've downloaded so far.....

So far all of the Today themes that have been created will only show Calendar entries that have been entered directly into the Storm...those that have been synced from my desktop Outlook thru my companies BES do not show. This is a major problem for me as I rely heavily on the Today to show my upcoming appointments. I was wondering if this is something in the "code" of the themes, a problem with the OS (I'm on .75 still), or something in the Storm settings. This was not an issue with the 8800 I used to have and I'm going to be very disappointed if there is not a solution.

Thanks for the cool theme and keep up the good work! Oh and any insight you could give on the Today theme entry issue would be appreciated!
    Last edited by wademac; 03-01-09 at 09:05 AM.
    03-01-09 08:50 AM
    The OTA for the split version doesn't seem to be working.

I downloaded the original version and so far I really like. The placement of the various icons really works for me. One question I need to ask is something I've found on all of the Today themes I've downloaded so far.....

So far all of the Today themes that have been created will only show Calendar entries that have been entered directly into the Storm...those that have been synced from my desktop Outlook thru my companies BES do not show. This is a major problem for me as I rely heavily on the Today to show my upcoming appointments. I was wondering if this is something in the "code" of the themes, a problem with the OS (I'm on .75 still), or something in the Storm settings. This was not an issue with the 8800 I used to have and I'm going to be very disappointed if there is not a solution.

Thanks for the cool theme and keep up the good work! Oh and any insight you could give on the Today theme entry issue would be appreciated!
    The tool to create these themes is a beta app, after it's completed those should be fixed.
    03-01-09 09:22 AM
    Giving this another try! Thanks for the edit!!
    03-01-09 09:50 AM
    The tool to create these themes is a beta app, after it's completed those should be fixed.
    Super! Thanks!
    03-01-09 10:04 AM
    OTA link for the SMS split out has been fixed (sorry for the original typo)
    03-01-09 10:59 AM
    Black bg with split sms is the most functional storm theme I've tried so far. * thumbs up*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 12:22 PM
    When I install the SMS split out theme, I don't get an SMS field on the home screen. It still shows just one messages heading. Am I missing something?
    03-01-09 03:55 PM
    Great theme,basic and functional. Just two things:
    The black background today link is broken.
    It would be cool for the scrolling menu to have inertia

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 04:54 PM
    I have downloaded the hidden today version of this theme. I really like the setup of it! However, when I tap the calendar, none of my appointments show up. There is some very small squigly lines under weather bug. I don't have any appointments in my calendar until tomorrow. Is this possibly the problem? I'm used to what ever next appointments I have showing up, even if they are not for a few days.

Any Suggestions?? Thanks!
    03-01-09 06:52 PM
    So far this is working out to be the best theme yet. Very functional with everything needed on the front screen.

No bugs yet.

Good job!
    03-01-09 09:20 PM
    shemmy... I reuploaded the SMS breakout and checked to make sure it did have the breakout of SMS from the email...and it does, but are you saying you want a third "today" list?

NailLady... my bad on the font... uploaded fixed version

Patato... I'll look, but I don't think flik srolling is possible... the interation that is available is only a "click" not a flick... Fixed the link though
    03-01-09 11:19 PM
    That's what I was thinking. I'm sorry if I wasn't too clear. The theme is still a very nice one, by the way - I absolutely love the weather and settings icons on the home screen
    03-02-09 07:28 AM
    thanks for the quick turnaround.. i really enjoy your theme... perhaps the best on the posts... last request is to add to calander the actual time of the event not just the date... for example my 8 am meeting just shows up as the date.. not the time.
    03-02-09 07:28 PM
    shemmy - I'm on the road for my real work... I'll make the change when I get home (probably a post on wed)...

asitshahmd... thanks... as for the theme it shows the meetings on the same day as time, and for a different day as date... that's just how it works... haven't tried to really change it... yet
    03-02-09 09:46 PM
    Dude I am in love with this theme.. definitely a functional one! I was curious though, since I am new to BB (I use to edit themes for my old WM phone, but until i do, could u switch the locations of the messages and the calendar on the home screen? The version i'm using is called "ViewFunctionalToday" (Today Version (original) with Black Background)

If this is easily done I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for the hard work man!
    03-02-09 11:38 PM
    Another vote here for best theme yet
    03-03-09 09:07 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD