Just installed .323 leak. Very happy overall but found that three of the third party theme's I've tried fail to display correctly in landscape mode, it looks like this:

Scroll down when in landscape mode and it really looks like cr@p. If you use the default theme everything works and looks fine.

I was wondering if anyone found what themes, especially free ones, work with the .323 leak.

Theme's I've tried and failed with:Blak
    SimpleBerry
    BerryGlass

** UPDATE **

Found this mentioned in another thread, tested this with BLAK and it worked. It's only a work around, you'll need to reset this each time you reboot or change your wallpaper or theme, but best option available currently.

Looks like the main thing that needs to be done for the workaround to work is to change the Themes wallpaper to something other than the default.

I tested 4 themes and the work around works on all of them once the wallpaper is changed.
    BLAK now looks fine in landscape mode. What I did is downloaded the theme wallpaper and used that for the "replacement" wallpaper, so it essentially no change to the theme Here's landscape now, tried it 3 different times, working fine each time. Thanks.

** UPDATE2 **
    FYI - once you have set this up once (changed wallpaper, etc), when you reboot you don't need to do all the steps again. You only need to go into the Theme options, click on Layout, select 1 Row/save, click on layout again, select 2 rows/save and exit to homescreen. No need to save exit back to home screen each time. Very quick!
    Last edited by Bob61; 11-29-09 at 08:07 AM.
    10-21-09 11:48 AM
    Clearlaunch doesn't work either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 12:29 PM
    pro v3 works

10-21-09 12:44 PM
    I know as a theme maker that for all OS's I have used the device will stretch a 360x480 image to 480x360 in landscape If the image used is portrait instead of landscape (480x360). Perhaps the theme makers inadvertently used a 360x480 image for their landscape background and the new OS is no longer adjusting the height and width to fit.

Last edited by jaxjon; 10-21-09 at 12:54 PM.
    10-21-09 12:52 PM
    PlatinumRed - busted to on .323 leak
    10-21-09 01:18 PM
    I'm still trying to get my Padgoi theme working, but having issues with the white boxes. Worked fine on .230.
    10-21-09 01:28 PM
    I know some devs will use a 1x1 px jpg for the background knowing I will just get stretched. I wonder if the oS will just leave it 1x1 or take it to 360x480.

10-21-09 01:29 PM
    I tried changing my background image to 480x360 and 360x480.
    No dice either way.
    10-21-09 01:37 PM
    Originally Posted by vykacet View Post
    This worked for me as well.

Went into theme options, switched "Today," saved it. Exited out.

Went into theme options, switch to "One Row," saved it. Exited out.

Went into theme options, switch to "Two Row," saved it. Exited out. Switched to landscape. Felt it move upon not seeing any white bars.
    10-21-09 01:59 PM
    That's the problem with leaked OS's sometimes there are bugs that can't be fixed.

10-21-09 02:02 PM

Went into theme options, switch to "Two Row," saved it. Exited out. Switched to landscape. Felt it move upon not seeing any white bars.
    It seems this fixes some themes but not others. It would be great to know which themes are fixable and what is it in the theme that determines if it is fixable or not.

This fix also only works until you do a battery pull or change you theme. Good thing though is exiting out is not necessary. Just change the layout to "today", save it, then change it right back to "two row" and save it. It only takes a few seconds to do so it seems to be a pretty reasonable work around when it works.

Elle WB edition is fixable.

Blak Series is not fixable.

after an OS wipe and reinstall this is reversed now

Elle WB is not fixable

Blak Series is fixable.

SOMETHING STRANGE IS HAPPENING.......

I am going to try more.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 10-21-09 at 11:34 PM.
    10-21-09 02:21 PM

AWESOME! That worked good call....how'd you figure that out?
    10-21-09 03:34 PM
    My Vw Gti theme does that alos ... its very upsetting now
    10-21-09 03:37 PM
    pro v3 works

Which version of pro V3 did you get to work? It didn't work for me

AWESOME! That worked good call....how'd you figure that out?
    Would you share with us which theme you got to work?
    10-21-09 03:38 PM
    The white on the ends happens with BB Pro Style Weather 2 Hidden Today as well

Someone needs to find a fix for this.
    10-21-09 03:42 PM
    I tried changing my background image to 480x360 and 360x480.
    No dice either way.
    Shot in the dark here, but is there a way to have no background in landscape?

I just noticed that Elle, which is the only theme I have myself confirmed is fixable, has no background in landscape...

Actually this is strange...I can't seem to get elle to fix anymore....????? It was fixing easily before I did this security wipe.....
    10-21-09 04:37 PM
    not sure what I did, maybe nothing, but the android theme by E was looking horrible at first and then it started working just fine. I just installed the new google maps 3.2 and have to reset so will see if it is still good after the reset,
    10-21-09 05:38 PM
    I'm using the Ultimate theme from the thread "Ultimate Theme (or at least that's what I call it)" it seems to go back to being messed up when u restart

10-21-09 05:44 PM
    I think that i have a reliable fix for the E themes, at least the andriod one. After I reset it went back to being messed up. I went to options and selected theme defaults and marked only Layout and it works. Seems like you have to do it everytime you reset, but that is not that often for me.

5.0.0.320 is wonderful so far.
    10-21-09 06:02 PM
    I think that i have a reliable fix for the E themes, at least the andriod one. After I reset it went back to being messed up. I went to options and selected theme defaults and marked only Layout and it works. Seems like you have to do it everytime you reset, but that is not that often for me.

5.0.0.320 is wonderful so far.
    drats I have tried them all and this isnt working for me either.
    10-21-09 06:12 PM

damn it worked thanks
    10-21-09 06:26 PM

thanks for the fix! using the hero zen storm theme and in ;landscape it just looks like the wallpaper is too short but at least it fills the screen and those sillyass bars are gone. nice work!
    10-21-09 06:57 PM
    I've played around w/ theme builder a little tonight, and it seems the background for the application menu has to be the default. any change in this and it results in the white bars. I didn't really have a chance to test too much, but this seemed to cause it every time (three times) that i did try to change it. even tried just changing it to black and it still caused the white bars. anyone else wanna try it out?
    10-21-09 10:27 PM
    Has anyone got more than one theme to be fixable?

I see lots of conflicting info going on...even from myself.

Originally I could fix Elle(the first theme I tried) and not Blak (the second). I could not find any other fixable themes.

After a security wipe I could fix nothing.

After a BBSAK Wipe, a reinstall of .323, and a restoration of a Backup file including loading Blak with Apploader.

Blak is fixable (the first theme I tried) and Elle is not fixable.

Extra evidence there is more than just theme compatability at work here....I can still get Blak to be fixable...when I delete it and redownoad it same thing...I download it in a different color and the new color does not fix. If I reset the theme defaults I can no longer fix it. I am thinking you need to restore the theme settings from a previous OS, .230 most likely, to make the theme fixable in .323 Yup when I restored the backup it was fixed again.

If that is the case people should be able to provide backup files to restore on .323 to make the themes fixable. Backup files were able to activate flick scrolling on .140 so this seems possible....I will test it out.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 10-22-09 at 01:38 AM.
    10-21-09 11:38 PM
    I've played around w/ theme builder a little tonight, and it seems the background for the application menu has to be the default. any change in this and it results in the white bars. I didn't really have a chance to test too much, but this seemed to cause it every time (three times) that i did try to change it. even tried just changing it to black and it still caused the white bars. anyone else wanna try it out?
    I thought the same thing but have not had time to mess with it. When you say leave app screen to default are you leaving landscape to default or landscape and portrait to default. I was going to leave landscape default and change portrait and see what happens.
    10-22-09 02:18 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD