i made a Bold style theme for myself (with some help, thanks guys.. you know who you are :}

all icons (10 icons, L shape) are hard coded since it's just for me.... now i have 1 icon - 3rd party app) that i want on the home screen, how do i do that ? how do i "link" a icon from the app page to the home screen ?

(for those wondering, it's SimpleWeather)

thanks.!
    05-13-09 03:41 PM
    i made a Bold style theme for myself (with some help, thanks guys.. you know who you are :}

all icons (10 icons, L shape) are hard coded since it's just for me.... now i have 1 icon - 3rd party app) that i want on the home screen, how do i do that ? how do i "link" a icon from the app page to the home screen ?

thanks.!
    You have to set it to "USE DEVICE APP ORDER"
    05-13-09 03:54 PM

thanks.!
    My understanding is you have to add a "Third Party Application" button in Composer. To do this, add a theme button like normal, but instead of selecting a specific Blackberry application or "Use Device Order," you select "Third Party Application."

As far as I know, you also have to provide the icon image in Composer otherwise it just shows up as the "default" application icon (the blue rectangle-shaped thing). I could be wrong about this though.
    05-13-09 03:56 PM
    Oops...forgot to say something else.

You'll need the module information of the third party application you want the button to launch. You can find this by going to Options->Advanced Options->Applications->SimpleWeather on your phone. If you click on Simple Weather, the screen that shows up displays the module name.
    05-13-09 03:58 PM
    hmz... but if i have to "provide" the icon, that may be hard since SimpleWeather uses i forgot how many icons :]
    05-13-09 04:20 PM
    I don't think you can hardcode an icon that changes/updates...like a weather icon. It has to be static....never changing.
    05-13-09 04:40 PM
    simply do what the 2nd poster said...use device order for that slot then you can put whatever app you want in that location.
    05-13-09 05:21 PM
    simply do what the 2nd poster said...use device order for that slot then you can put whatever app you want in that location.
    Confusion reigns. SO...what is the slot Third Party Application in Composer used for ?

Doctor Neutron
    05-21-09 10:12 AM
    Confusion reigns. SO...what is the slot Third Party Application in Composer used for ?

Doctor Neutron
    You can use it to create a button on your theme that launches an app that does not need an icon such as Quicklaunch or put your own icon in and attach it by using the module name to a popular third party app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD