Ok this is my first theme Im just learning this whole thing and dont know a lot about the animations part of this so please tell me what you think and what I could actually do to make things diff or better Thanks and if someone could tell me how to do the ota that would be great too

The attachments are down some
    Last edited by pieman; 07-16-09 at 02:38 AM. Reason: attachments messed up
    07-16-09 02:33 AM
    might want to fix those attachements.
    07-16-09 02:36 AM
    07-16-09 02:36 AM
    So where is the download?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 04:29 AM
    ohh and I just noticed after looking at the screen caps that the top banner is a few pixels off, which makes everything light blend in with the background.

Geeze you have quite a bit of work to finish it off before you should have started promoting it.
    07-16-09 07:04 AM
    See as tho Im the bearer of controversy lets get some things going one its my first theme never did a theme before was asking for advice on if I started it right what things should I improve and if it was really just a bad attempt at doing a theme and next for those of you that have not studied your bible The son of Noah Shem's descendants became the Semitic peoples who settled parts of the Arabian Peninsula, including what is now Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan, Israel, and Lebanon. They were of a generally medium-brown complexion with facial features roughly mid-way between typical negro and typical Caucasian and the languages they spoke included Arabic, Hebrew, and Aramaic, Jesus' native language.

It is important to realize that in Old Testament times Egyptians were black, not Arab. Arabs first conquered Egypt when Moslems invaded Egypt shortly after the death of Mohammed.

Last thing The bible says Jesus had skin the color of brass and hair like sheeps wool so when you find a "white" person with wool hair let me know ok

didnt mean to take it there but I didnt ask for theology I just asked for help on what I could improve when creating themes
    07-16-09 08:28 AM
    See as tho Im the bearer of controversy lets get some things going one its my first theme never did a theme before was asking for advice on if I started it right what things should I improve and if it was really just a bad attempt at doing a theme and next for those of you that have not studied your bible The son of Noah Shem's descendants became the Semitic peoples who settled parts of the Arabian Peninsula, including what is now Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan, Israel, and Lebanon. They were of a generally medium-brown complexion with facial features roughly mid-way between typical negro and typical Caucasian and the languages they spoke included Arabic, Hebrew, and Aramaic, Jesus' native language.

It is important to realize that in Old Testament times Egyptians were black, not Arab. Arabs first conquered Egypt when Moslems invaded Egypt shortly after the death of Mohammed.

Last thing The bible says Jesus had skin the color of brass and hair like sheeps wool so when you find a "white" person with wool hair let me know ok

didnt mean to take it there but I didnt ask for theology I just asked for help on what I could improve when creating themes
    You are the man and not a bad theme either....
    07-16-09 10:32 AM

**round of applause**

The moment I saw this title was I was like......OH BOY....here we go!!! And I say that because I know how ignorant and insensitive people can be on here. Sad but true.

But you held your ground.....good work on your first theme
    Last edited by CocoaCutie73; 07-16-09 at 11:13 AM.
    07-16-09 11:07 AM
    I'm not religious. Far from it in fact, but I can assure you that if there really was a Jesus, he wouldn't want you wasting your time on something as trivial as his skin colour.
    07-16-09 11:23 AM
    I'm not religious. Far from it in fact, but I can assure you that if there really was a Jesus, he wouldn't want you wasting your time on something as trivial as his skin colour.
    You are correct my apologies to everyone. No more on this from me. Well said and well received...
    07-16-09 11:36 AM
    People can believe Jesus was whatever skin tone they want, it's more about the man and not the color...that said I assume if someone came out with a theme called "White Jesus" nobody would complain? FYI it couldn't be about Obama, otherwise it would be called 50% Black 50% White Jesus......and it would show him throwing out the first pitch at the allstar game and visiting the tonight show instead of fixing the economy.....seriously WTF, I'm all for transparency and being the people's President, but sometime's he goes over the top...the office of the president still need to command a certain level of respect and dignity.

As far as the theme goes, some of the icons become washed out in the backgrounds, but other than that its a nice start.
    Thanks bro Im trying to fix some things but I wouldnt care if they put an asian jesus theme up as long as you believe in who he was you have the right to see him whatever way you want
    07-16-09 12:16 PM
    Nice theme. Is it available for download?
    07-16-09 02:29 PM
    I think the theme looks like it will function just fine no matter what color of Jesus is on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 02:54 PM
    Well in regards to mrsfab I havent learned how to post to be available for download yet I just wanted some insite on what I was doing good and bad as far as it went as soon as I know how I will I could always send it to your email and you can load it from the desktop manager...
    07-16-09 04:14 PM
    Look Im not requesting your opinion on religion and Im not tryna get involved into a religious debate with anyone I could care less of what your beliefs are as long as you believe I just wanted someone to tell me what they liked and didnt like with my theme things I could improve and ways to improve them Ill do a chinese Jesus for you if you want this is just not the time or place to be worried about his skin tone the way I see him or the way you see him this is for my phone not yours and if you dont wanna download please dont I just asked for advice and how to do the ota can we be civil about that
    07-16-09 06:20 PM
    I dont know what all the fuss is about....Im Jesus and Im Hawaiian
    07-16-09 06:29 PM
    In theme builder, export it choosing the .jad file type. It will make a .jad file along with some .cod files. Once you have all of these files, you'll need to find someone to host them. Put all the files in one directory, along with a file named ".htaccess" .Just open notepad and copy/paste the following
    AddType text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor jad
    AddType application/java-archive jar
    AddType application/vnd.rim.cod cod

And save that as your .htaccess file. Once all the files are in the same directory, point your blackberry browser at yourhost.com/com_plazmic_theme_BlackJesusTheme.jad and the OTA will start.
    Last edited by scurvydlicious; 07-16-09 at 06:33 PM.
    07-16-09 06:31 PM
    In theme builder, export it choosing the .jad file type. It will make a .jad file along with some .cod files. Once you have all of these files, you'll need to find someone to host them. Put all the files in one directory, along with a file named ".htaccess" .Just open notepad and copy/paste the following
    AddType text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor jad
    AddType application/java-archive jar
    AddType application/vnd.rim.cod cod

And save that as your .htaccess file. Once all the files are in the same directory, point your blackberry browser at yourhost.com/com_plazmic_theme_BlackJesusTheme.jad and the OTA will start.
    scurv let me start out by saying I love your themes dude but um what do you mean by point my black berry browser
    07-16-09 06:42 PM
    good start! i am anxious to see the final product.
    07-16-09 06:46 PM
    scurv let me start out by saying I love your themes dude but um what do you mean by point my black berry browser
    Thanks bro Once you have someone to host your themes, you'll want other users to type in the blackberry browser the link to your theme so it installs over the air onto their blackberry's. There are a couple on here that have offered to do hosting, I'm not sure of any right off the top of my head though.
    07-16-09 06:47 PM
    Thanks bro Once you have someone to host your themes, you'll want other users to type in the blackberry browser the link to your theme so it installs over the air onto their blackberry's. There are a couple on here that have offered to do hosting, I'm not sure of any right off the top of my head though.
    so I pay the people to host then send that stuff to them they send me the ota and then I post it here right or I seen someone else save it as a zip file post it and then u have to have desktop to get that file right thanks man I appreciate it Im gonna finish working on this now
    07-16-09 06:58 PM
    so I pay the people to host then send that stuff to them they send me the ota and then I post it here right or I seen someone else save it as a zip file post it and then u have to have desktop to get that file right thanks man I appreciate it Im gonna finish working on this now
    There are some people that will do it that you don't have to pay, and yes, with the link people will be able to install it over the air.

Also, while in Theme Builder, you can export your theme using the .alx file type. It will create 1 .alx file and 1 .cod file ( instead of breaking it down into multiple smaller .cod's, it's just one large one ), you can zip those 2 files up, and people can download the zip, and unzip it to their computer, and install it to their blackberrys using Desktop Manager.
    07-16-09 07:01 PM
    Thread cleaned up. The guy created a theme, deal with it.
    07-16-09 07:02 PM
    Thread cleaned up. The guy created a theme, deal with it.
    Good job with the cleanup. That was quick
    07-16-09 07:04 PM
    Thanks scurv and thanks to who cleaned up the thread
    scurv I appreciate the help and one last thing bro u said b4 in another post u do animation on notebook how do you do that if you dont mind me asking
    07-16-09 07:09 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD