HI,
    I have downloaded 2 themes, 1 just yesterday. I noticed when I'm using theses themes (precision zen and ulterior) I miss ALOT of calls. If I happen to be looking at the phone as it's ringing I still can't answer it as it acts as if it's "busy" with the little icon in the middle going. Sometimes it doesn't even ring at all and then I have missed a few calls before I even know it.
    I've changed back to the original theme and it seems to work fine then. I think I have plenty of memory left. Is there something I can do to get these themes to work better so I don't miss more calls?
    It also seems slower when running the themes. I hate to lose out on the money and the themes are cool.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    06-20-09 08:19 AM
    Firstly, what OS are you running?

Go to

BB Button > Options > About

Read what your OS is, it will say 4.7.0.xxx(Platform 4.7.0.xxx)

Also go to

BB Button > Options > Memory

Read what the "Application Memory" is

Just so you know, the "Precision Zen" is the standard theme with the phone and will ALWAYS run faster with it selected.

The phone will run slower, albeit YMMV, with a theme on, than without
    06-20-09 08:22 AM
    hi,
    Thanks for the fast reply. The other theme is vista2, sorry. New to this. The platform says 4.0.0.181. And my app. memory says 0.0kb. Not good is it.? I thought I had alot of memory left. Brand new memory card and not too many downloads. Device memory free space is 869.8 mb, media card 7.4 mb.
    Do I have too many apps? And would that cause the missed calls?
    Thanks
    06-20-09 08:40 AM
    That's ok, you are running OS 4.7.0.148

Do this, then write how things work

Open your battery door, pull out the battery, wait 30 seconds, replace battery & door

Write back here what your Application Memory is then

Also, delete all but one theme, not including the Precision Zen
    06-20-09 08:45 AM
    Ok,
    will do,
    but if I delete a theme will I be able to get it back? Would I just have to re download it (save my email on the phone (from the purchase and do it that way?) ?
    Sorry, so many questions.
    06-20-09 08:50 AM
    Ok,
    will do,
    but if I delete a theme will I be able to get it back? Would I just have to re download it (save my email on the phone (from the purchase and do it that way?) ?
    Sorry, so many questions.
    Yes, you can get it back.

You only want one extra theme at a time installed, the rest take up much needed space
    06-20-09 08:54 AM
    ok.
    I deleted the vista 2, took the battery out and now I have 35.1 mb. Now when I went to switch the theme back to the ulterior, it came back, but doesn't look right. Should I download it again. sheesh, stupid phone (or is is the operator? ).
    thanks
    06-20-09 09:18 AM
    ok.
    I deleted the vista 2, took the battery out and now I have 35.1 mb. Now when I went to switch the theme back to the ulterior, it came back, but doesn't look right. Should I download it again. sheesh, stupid phone (or is is the operator? ).
    thanks
    You always need to battery pull after setting a theme, so unfortunately, another battery pull is necessary
    06-20-09 09:39 AM
    HI,
    I did it twice and it still doesn't look right. ALL the icons at the top look faded and when i scroll over them a line comes across with the name. I don't know if you're familiar with that app, but hope you can help on this one too. ? I did re download it and removed the battery. arrgghhh.
    Thank you....
    06-20-09 09:48 AM
    hi,
    Thanks for the fast reply. The other theme is vista2, sorry. New to this. The platform says 4.0.0.181. And my app. memory says 0.0kb. Not good is it.? I thought I had alot of memory left. Brand new memory card and not too many downloads. Device memory free space is 869.8 mb, media card 7.4 mb.
    Do I have too many apps? And would that cause the missed calls?
    Thanks
    There's your problem.
    06-20-09 09:55 AM
    I fixed the memory issue, now I'm having trouble with the new theme looking right. It worked ok before, then when I went to switch it back and came back looking weird.
    The theme is ulterior.
    06-20-09 10:07 AM
    Reboot the phone.
    06-20-09 10:25 AM
    I deleted the theme, re downloaded it and rebooted it- twice. I even did the battery pull. Still, doesn't look right. Must be the theme... the only thing messed up on it is on the main screen, the top icons are faded are overlapped with a line of icons. I tried emailing the company, but I'm sure that will take awhile. It was just fine until I delted the vista theme and switched back to this one.
    06-20-09 10:56 AM
    Themes are crap right now on the Storm anyway. You can't trust them... I don't.
    06-20-09 11:28 AM
    Thanks, I guess I know better now. Well, hopefully I won't miss any calls anymore ). Thanks for the help everyone!
    I'm sure I'll be back with more "issues".
    thank you!
    06-20-09 11:32 AM
    Don't worry, once you fix that problem there will be something else you will have to fix anyway. Total hunk-a-junk!
    06-20-09 11:33 AM
    Don't worry, once you fix that problem there will be something else you will have to fix anyway. Total hunk-a-junk!
    Regardless of what model Blackberry you'd use, if you run out of available app memory, the stability of the device is compromised.
    06-20-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD