rsmiff, can you make a "large 10 icon Bold theme with WB and MeterBerry with a dark transparent box thing for the icons?"

thanks!
    Last edited by austinarita99; 05-18-09 at 11:56 AM.
    05-18-09 11:52 AM
    Hi feisty...I have seen the "ghosting" issue with the app screen but not on my theme...not yet any way. The faint squares around the icons is caused by the "transparencies" surrounding the icons overlapping...that may also contribute to the ghost image now that I think of it. Are you by any chance using a light colored background?

If you would like to try it I have a version of the smaller icon bold theme where the icons have a semi-transparent black background around them. They may throw off the refresh issue...but I'm not 100% sure. The only other fix that I know of is to revert it back to 4 icons accross the bottom which does not allow the transparencies to overlap.
    Last edited by rsmiff; 05-18-09 at 12:14 PM.
    05-18-09 12:07 PM
    so in other words austin you want the version that also has quicklaunch...minus the quicklaunch?
    05-18-09 12:09 PM
    oh...and hey feisty...pm an email address and I'll zip and send you my wallpapers...I have a bunch.
    05-18-09 12:14 PM
    so in other words austin you want the version that also has quicklaunch...minus the quicklaunch?
    Yea!
    that is the one that I'm looking for~!
    It would be great if you could do that

but, on a side note, i just DL'd the normal bold version with 5 icons, and it seems like the icons get progressively scrunched together as they go right.
    I'd post a screenie, but I don't currently have capture it installed.
    [] [] [] [][]
    kind of like that, if you catch my drift.
    Does this happen only for me, or has anyone else/rsmiff noticed that?

Also, is there a way you can make the background of the applications screen plain black, so that it doesn't look weird when one changes the background of the main screen?

if this is asking too much, I'm sorry

EDIT:
    Plus the semi-transparent background for the icons
    Last edited by austinarita99; 05-18-09 at 12:18 PM.
    05-18-09 12:16 PM
    oh...and hey feisty...pm an email address and I'll zip and send you my wallpapers...I have a bunch.
    alright hold on.
    05-18-09 12:34 PM
    if the only way to fix the ghosting of the icon backgrounds is to only have 4 icons on the homescreen .. do you plan to release a 4 icon version ?
    05-18-09 12:36 PM
    Hi austin...I'll roll through and check the icon alignment...I thought I had pretty much fixed any gaps...but I'll double check. I already have the version you're referring to. I'll fix it up and let you know when it's available OTA.
    Last edited by rsmiff; 05-18-09 at 12:40 PM.
    05-18-09 12:37 PM
    Hi austin...I'll roll through and check the icon alignment...I thought I had pretty much fixed any gaps...but I'll double check. I already have the version you're referring to. I'll fix it up and let you know when it's available. OTA.
    THANK YOU!
    rsmiff, you're amazing!
    Once I get some money in my debit card, I'll be sure to donate!
    once again, great work. Thanks!
    05-18-09 12:40 PM
    jpatko...I don't plan to...but I can. I actually created a four icon version, probably still have the files, for someone that wanted to use a lighter colored wallpaper.
    Last edited by rsmiff; 05-18-09 at 12:42 PM.
    05-18-09 12:40 PM
    In my opinion the wallpaper that comes with my theme is the best for it. It is visually striking and props up the icons, meters, and features of the theme really well. I didn't create that wallpaper either. I got it in the crackberry wallpaper downloads. I did let the person that submitted it know that it was the homescreen to my theme. They liked it.
    05-18-09 01:03 PM
    In my opinion the wallpaper that comes with my theme is the best for it. It is visually striking and props up the icons, meters, and features of the theme really well. I didn't create that wallpaper either. I got it in the crackberry wallpaper downloads. I did let the person that submitted it know that it was the homescreen to my theme. They liked it.
    its just that I love this wallpaper (its a bold wallpaper converted by mwa -- i have no idea why I have such an obsession with the Bold look) and It would be great if I could get it.
    Plus, it seems like the semi-transparent background doesn't show up that well with the current one.
    05-18-09 02:59 PM
    I read the entire thread to see if anyone had already suggested this, none have so I'll ask.

The standard Bold theme not only lights up the icons when hi-lighted, it also put's a glowing box around the icon. Since third party apps cannot be skinned, without the box there is no visual cue on the 3rd party icon itself that it has been selected. Yes there is the text that appears on top of the screen, but not on the icon itself.

Would you consider adding the glowing box?

Thank you very much for what IMO may be the Best theme available for the Storm. Simple, clean, functional, not a memory hog. I like it very much.
    05-18-09 03:04 PM
    Hey Deacon..the larger icon My Bold themes do have the glowing selection box around the icons. I have not had a request to do the same for the minimal theme but i suppose I could. Is that what you are asking?
    05-18-09 04:10 PM
    Hey Deacon..the larger icon My Bold themes do have the glowing selection box around the icons. I have not had a request to do the same for the minimal theme but i suppose I could. Is that what you are asking?
    I'll download the larger icon theme and check it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 04:51 PM
    ok deacon...I have the smaller version with the semi-trans backing...i just checked...and the selection highlight too. Man...I have so many versions I'm losing track. LOL!!
    05-18-09 05:08 PM
    hey austin..can you tell me the version name from the link for the version where the icons are skewed? There are so many I don't know which one you refer to as the "normal" one.

Yea!
    that is the one that I'm looking for~!
    It would be great if you could do that

but, on a side note, i just DL'd the normal bold version with 5 icons, and it seems like the icons get progressively scrunched together as they go right.
    I'd post a screenie, but I don't currently have capture it installed.
    [] [] [] [][]
    kind of like that, if you catch my drift.
    Does this happen only for me, or has anyone else/rsmiff noticed that?

Also, is there a way you can make the background of the applications screen plain black, so that it doesn't look weird when one changes the background of the main screen?

if this is asking too much, I'm sorry

EDIT:

Plus the semi-transparent background for the icons
    05-18-09 05:13 PM
    ok deacon...I have the smaller version with the semi-trans backing...i just checked...and the selection highlight too. Man...I have so many versions I'm losing track. LOL!!
    I'm losing track as well, lol. I've downloaded 4 versions from your first post. So far none have had the lighted selection box.

I started with the minimal WB version.

05-18-09 07:05 PM
    no no no no....go towards the bottom...the larger icon bold versions with quicklaunch...if you don't need quicklaunch I can send a link for that version. If you want a version with smaller icons I can send a link for that as well.

I don't mean to confuse I just have had many requests and have many versions and I don't want to post them all and flood the post.
    Last edited by rsmiff; 05-18-09 at 07:09 PM.
    05-18-09 07:06 PM
    no no no no....go towards the bottom...the larger icon bold versions with quicklaunch...if you don't need quicklaunch I can send a link for that version. If you want a version with smaller icons I can send a link for that as well.

I don't mean to confuse I just have had many requests and have many versions and I don't want to post them all and flood the post.
    I do have QL, but see no need for a hotlink on screen. I have QL assigned to a side key.

I guess if you don't mind, could you PM me the link (or post it here, if anyone else is interested) for the WB Minimal. Thanks.
    05-18-09 07:22 PM
    testing it with .148/5.0 hybrid, working fantastic as it always does, switched from minimal to large icon.

amazing work man, this theme never stops impressing me
    05-20-09 01:34 PM
    Thanks man...mine is running pretty smooth on the .148 build (got java errors when I tried the 5.0 hybrid, probably because I tried to apply the quicklaunch fix). Quicklaunch still has the menu flicker but the developer said an update is coming out in a few days to address that.
    Last edited by rsmiff; 05-20-09 at 01:56 PM.
    05-20-09 01:50 PM
    rsmiff,

Is is possible to request the minimal bold theme without hidden today and WB but with the Connections Manager available by clicking the network?

Thanks for the great themes!
    05-20-09 10:19 PM
    Is there alarge 10 icon wb hidden today ota available?

05-21-09 12:49 AM
    The very last version is larger 10 icon with hidden today, two third party icons and a quick launch icon in the banner.
    05-21-09 03:35 AM
695 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD