I wanna get my feet wet in themeing but I also want to do sometime nice . I have come across some batter ico s I would like to use but have to further customize 2 of them . What is the best way to do this and how exactly does one make the composite image. I have adobe CS4 master collection but really ha e never used it because I have never had a need to...I could use some direction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 01:23 AM
    PM me and I'll send you something I whipped up quick that might give you some ideas.
    02-14-09 02:02 AM
    bump for a tutor
    02-14-09 08:20 PM
    bump for a tutor
    Honestly, I would open up the stock battery indicator (which you can find in Program files -> Plazmic -> samples...etc poke around it's somewhere in those folders) in Photoshop and as a first just try changing the colors. Just that alone will get you "wet".

Once you can do that, see how many pixels each icon takes up and simply replace each stock battery with your own or modify the originals however you want. For example you might just write % values instead of drawing a battery bar. Just make sure whatever you replace it with is in the same "space" the original was.

Open up the stock battery indicator in PS and you'll see what I mean.
    02-14-09 08:28 PM
    I actually just finished dinking around with the battery icon in photoshop. It's not all that hard to change the color or exposure, but my quick attempt at putting incremental numbers (10%, 20%, etc) over each level didn't really work out yet. The print was too small to read, but I'm sure with a little more effort I could make it look legible.
    02-14-09 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD