Looking really good! Noticed that while entering password from having device locked, the text is white on white. Was that intentional? If not would be good to be able to see as we type in the password. Also, anyway to modify the email inbox list to bold the font on unread mail? One last thought would be to modify the profile/sounds icon so it blends a bit more or change it to match the other icons.

Just my thoughts. Thanks for all your work on this.
    10-07-09 12:53 PM
    Looking really good! Noticed that while entering password from having device locked, the text is white on white. Was that intentional? If not would be good to be able to see as we type in the password. Also, anyway to modify the email inbox list to bold the font on unread mail? One last thought would be to modify the profile/sounds icon so it blends a bit more or change it to match the other icons.

Just my thoughts. Thanks for all your work on this.
    I think making the background on the profiles icon will help keep the theme consistent. As for the white on white background on the unlock, that is an OS issue that I can't fix because of how the theming engine reads the theme. The OS already makes unread messages bold. There is not a way to modify that.
    10-07-09 03:46 PM
    I think making the background on the profiles icon will help keep the theme consistent. As for the white on white background on the unlock, that is an OS issue that I can't fix because of how the theming engine reads the theme. The OS already makes unread messages bold. There is not a way to modify that.
    Hmmm. My unread messages are not showing as bold. I have the letter indicator to the left of each one that shows read or unread but the email titles are not bold as with other themes. Also, the other 3rd party themes I have sown the text as I type my password after the screen was locked.

I really have no idea how any of this works so all I can say is that I'm confused. I look forward to future versions of this and if some of these things can get sorted out, it will be a keeper for me and I'll be sure to donate.
    10-07-09 04:05 PM
    i tried both weather todays and it keeps going to page not found??? typing exactly whats shown. capitals and all
    10-07-09 09:11 PM
    i tried both weather todays and it keeps going to page not found??? typing exactly whats shown. capitals and all
    The hosting server was down for nearly 17 hours, but it's up and running now. I haven't had a chance to do anything more than update two themes and fix the lock screen issue, but I hope to update the others. I was so pressed for time that I didn't even have a chance to change the version numbers on the updated themes...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 06:36 AM
    Az - which versions did you update? I would like to try them out. Thanks!
    10-08-09 09:06 AM
    Az - which versions did you update? I would like to try them out. Thanks!
    I marked the updated theme versions on the original post. They're the weather versions of the green variant.

10-08-09 09:32 AM
    Thanks again. Getting an error trying to download the green original weather version. I'll keep trying in case the OTA is down.
    10-08-09 10:48 AM
    Hello, all. After months of testing out themes by a wide variety of developers, I finally decided to try my hand at making my own. This theme, called LCDigital Glass, is still under development, but I have a public beta of sorts ready for everyone to try out. I plan on making a few different color variations (the green variation is almost done) depending on what people want. This theme is nowhere near perfect, but that's what I need you guys for.

For those that wish to contribute to my efforts
    and help motivate me to make more themes and
    variations, you can donate any amount, large or
    small, via PayPal here.

Donate Via PayPal

Please note that I DO NOT require donations for
    download of this theme. I also am willing to do
    light modifications to suit the needs of individuals
    without requiring a donation.

So let's get right to it:
    Here are some images of the DARK variation of the theme:

I decided to use Windows Seven/Vista icons that were left over from a previous theme attempt.

There are hotspots on this theme as well. Click the unread notification area to be taken to the Messages screen, the signal strength takes you to Manage Connections, the time for Clock, and the date for Calendar. This works even for the Today version of the theme, which is displayed here.

The battery and signal meters are colorized depending on the status of the device. It changes color from red, to orange, yellow, green, and blue. The background on this variation is monochrome to compliment the black and grey colors throughout the controls on this theme. If you want the colored version, I will have it attached to this post for you.

Here are the OTA links for the four versions of the Dark Variant.
    - LCDigital DARK
    - LCDigital DARK (Weather Edition)
    - LCDigital DARK (Today Edition)
    - LCDigital DARK (Weather Today Edition)

So, everyone please give this theme a shot. The more input you provide, the better this theme will get. Post your ideas or suggestions here, or send me a PIN message if you want...but please DO NOT add me to Blackberry Messenger. If you do you will probably be ignored.

For those that feel brave, here's the almost-finished GREEN Variant for you to test. I have only tested this theme using the Device Simulator, I haven't even tested it on my own BlackBerry yet.

- LCDigital GREEN
    - LCDigital GREEN (Weather Edition) -UPDATED
    - LCDigital GREEN (Today Edition)
    - LCDigital GREEN (Weather Today Edition) -UPDATED

Thanks to all that test these themes out!

TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE GREEN TODAY/WEATHER keeps going to page not found error? are the underscores before and after the "weathertoday" at the end a double underscore?
    10-08-09 10:49 AM
    The version you are trying to download is working properly. I even downloaded the theme to my friend's BlackBerry not five minutes ago. The link is as follows:

http://themeburner.zxq.net/Themes/LCDigitalGlass/GREEN/WeatherToday/
    com_plazmic_theme_LCDigital_Glass_GREEN__WeatherTo day_.jad

You must not be typing it in properly. Why not go to m.crackberry.com on your device and download it OTA from this post? It's easier than hand-typing it out.

10-08-09 12:56 PM
    I'm trying to download the same version directly from my BB using the link in the first post and I am getting an error as well.
    10-08-09 01:31 PM
    UPDATE: Changing the application background color to black fixed everything!
    Finally one of my ideas finally did some good!
    10-08-09 01:59 PM
    Why not go to m.crackberry.com on your device and download it OTA from this post? It's easier than hand-typing it out.
    That is definitely a lot easier! Especially if you have Opera Mini. xD
    10-08-09 02:00 PM
    That is definitely a lot easier! Especially if you have Opera Mini. xD
    But I will let you in on a secret. Opera Mini 5 allows you to copy URLs from the browser.

10-08-09 03:04 PM
    Okay, pay attention when I explain this time, okay? The OTA for the GREEN Weather version IS NOT working. Trying to download it gives you the following error:

Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor.

The "MIDlet-Name" attribute is missing.
    That is an error caused by Plazmic I will fix it when I have time. The GREEN WEATHER WITH TODAY LINK IS WORKING. I wish I could attach a screenshot of my screen from the mobile site to prove it, but I can't. I don't know what you're doing wrong, and I'm not sure why you're typing it in manually, but in the wise words of my close friend, "you're doin' it wrong"

10-08-09 03:13 PM
    But I will let you in on a secret. Opera Mini 5 allows you to copy URLs from the browser.

Opera Mini 5 and .230 don't mix well...

10-08-09 03:16 PM
    Nice looking theme using it now..

10-08-09 03:29 PM
    Opera Mini 5 and .230 don't mix well...

Actually, the only issue I've come across is the device keyboard. Going into Advanced Options and changing the keyboard option to on uses Opera Mini's touch-based keyboard. Only problem is you sacrifice the SurePress Keyboard for a standard touch keyboard.

10-08-09 03:40 PM
    Liking this theme, thanks....Is there any way to load the pic that you have posted...I can't seem to get it through my cell.
    10-08-09 05:49 PM
    Liking this theme, thanks....Is there any way to load the pic that you have posted...I can't seem to get it through my cell.
    Send me a PIN message and I'll send the image as an attachment to you.

10-08-09 06:29 PM
    Just curious, has anyone tried to use this theme under 4.7.0.151? Or does nobody care because everyone (almost everyone...there are still people that are afraid of it) runing 5.0?

10-08-09 06:52 PM
    running stock os 148 no issues. Mem is stable and its quick. I would like to see user customized font and maybe a hot spot for quicklaunch. Love the icons...

Just curious, has anyone tried to use this theme under 4.7.0.151? Or does nobody care because everyone (almost everyone...there are still people that are afraid of it) runing 5.0?

10-08-09 07:29 PM
    any chance you can skin the bb messenger icon? It looks out of place.

10-08-09 08:18 PM
    Running on .230 and works like a charm. Love the theme, if you could skin bb messenger it would just make it that much better :]

10-09-09 03:10 AM
    I'm really looking forward to future revisions of the LCDigital DARK (Weather Edition). Although it runs really well, I have to drop it temporarily as there are a few things that need tweaking to make it useable for me. I will try the GREEN version of this once the OTA is fixed.

This one has the potential to be one of the best (for my needs) free themes out there.

Thanks Azothyran for all your work on this.
    10-09-09 09:46 AM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD