View Poll Results: What color should be done next?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • White

12 17.14%
  • Black

27 38.57%
  • Red

9 12.86%
  • Orange

17 24.29%
  • Purple

4 5.71%
  • Yellow

1 1.43%
    hey man i just want to say great job on these themes. im currently trying out the green yc without wb... it looks really nice on my phone, especially if i make ql letters orange
    06-06-09 09:42 PM
    hey man i just want to say great job on these themes. im currently trying out the green yc without wb... it looks really nice on my phone, especially if i make ql letters orange
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I'm currently working on a Red and a Cyan version, don't know which one will be done first.
    06-07-09 07:17 AM
    thats great man keep up the good work... i have one simple question for u.. is there any way to make the keyboard letter highlight green and the word selection highlight green? when i had htc by e cruz and my suretype selection list came up the highlight was green instead of blue. i think this would truly make it a complete green theme. maybe e cruz will tell u how to do it so u can match all the colors to the highlight list. it would be sick
    06-09-09 12:59 AM
    btw subscribed
    06-09-09 01:04 AM
    thats great man keep up the good work... i have one simple question for u.. is there any way to make the keyboard letter highlight green and the word selection highlight green? when i had htc by e cruz and my suretype selection list came up the highlight was green instead of blue. i think this would truly make it a complete green theme. maybe e cruz will tell u how to do it so u can match all the colors to the highlight list. it would be sick
    Making the keyboard light up a specific color is not an option in plazmic....but I am typing this in the hiddengreen theme and all of the pop up word selection boxes are green. Now the font is white but the background is green,same as htc by Cruz which I have installed also. Make sure you do a battery pull reset after installing/changing themes. The blue may be a residual from the default theme or last theme used. Let me know if it works for you. I have been tweaking the themes a bit over last couple of days so download again to ensure you have the latest update. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 05:24 PM
    Making the keyboard light up a specific color is not an option in plazmic....but I am typing this in the hiddengreen theme and all of the pop up word selection boxes are green. Now the font is white but the background is green,same as htc by Cruz which I have installed also. Make sure you do a battery pull reset after installing/changing themes. The blue may be a residual from the default theme or last theme used. Let me know if it works for you. I have been tweaking the themes a bit over last couple of days so download again to ensure you have the latest update. Thanks.

I was going to redownload but instead I downloaded the .151 hybrid. And its not compatible

06-09-09 07:18 PM
    I was going to redownload but instead I downloaded the .151 hybrid. And its not compatible

Yes, .151 has difficulties with many themes, not sure why though else I would fix it so it would work with it. I have perused the threads but I have not seen it nailed down yet.
    I would stick with .148 to allow use of the most themes until a fix is found that is concrete. I have seen developers test on .151 until it works but I need my phone to work all of the time so i can't turn it into a guinea pig.
    Once I figure it out I will let you know.
    Thanks.
    06-09-09 08:30 PM
    Hello,

I installed theme BlackWBYC and really like all the customization offered...
    The problem that I am having is that since installing I seem to now have a memory leak, and battery loss.
    Is there any advice that you can offer me in respect to this problem?
    As I said I love the theme its definitely one of the best ones I have tried, seen to date.
    I would hate to think that I needed to remove it from my device, but the leak is about 10 m every 3-4 hours.
    I have meterberry on my device and the log clearly shows that ever since I installed this theme the memory loss has been there.

Any help direction would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
    06-10-09 10:24 AM
    Hello,

I installed theme BlackWBYC and really like all the customization offered...
    The problem that I am having is that since installing I seem to now have a memory leak, and battery loss.
    Is there any advice that you can offer me in respect to this problem?
    As I said I love the theme its definitely one of the best ones I have tried, seen to date.
    I would hate to think that I needed to remove it from my device, but the leak is about 10 m every 3-4 hours.
    I have meterberry on my device and the log clearly shows that ever since I installed this theme the memory loss has been there.

Any help direction would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

I'm testing it now against other versions of this theme to see what the problem may be. The svg is very basic and there should be no mem leak from that, so if there is it is coming from plazmic theme builder itself and how it compiled the theme, I may recompile and see if that has any effect.
    06-10-09 03:52 PM
    I have been running this theme for a couple of weeks now & not seen any big issues. I just went 2 days without a battery pull & went from 41 down to 26 over that period of time. I'd have to wonder if you have something else pulling it down?
    06-10-09 04:13 PM
    I'm testing it now against other versions of this theme to see what the problem may be. The svg is very basic and there should be no mem leak from that, so if there is it is coming from plazmic theme builder itself and how it compiled the theme, I may recompile and see if that has any effect.
    Thanks for looking into it
    06-10-09 04:28 PM
    I have been running this theme for a couple of weeks now & not seen any big issues. I just went 2 days without a battery pull & went from 41 down to 26 over that period of time. I'd have to wonder if you have something else pulling it down?
    I have found that without a battery pull/reset the memory will drop quite rapidly but when one is done after loading the theme the leak slows considerably to point of being negligible (considering the Storm leaks memory independent of theme). As for the battery loss, I do not have an answer for that. One day I had a very large battery loss with no apparent change in anything on the phone. Next day after a Scheduled Quickpull the problem disappeared. So what happened, I don't know. The phone has a mind of it's own I think.

Idea: Try moving some icons into folders as this seems to help gain/preserve memory if you don't do so already.

I will do what I can to make the theme the best it can be. Thanks for your support and patience.

**Edit : Did a recompile and put on ota.
    Last edited by jaxjon; 06-10-09 at 04:55 PM.
    06-10-09 04:49 PM
    I have found that without a battery pull/reset the memory will drop quite rapidly but when one is done after loading the theme the leak slows considerably to point of being negligible (considering the Storm leaks memory independent of theme). As for the battery loss, I do not have an answer for that. One day I had a very large battery loss with no apparent change in anything on the phone. Next day after a Scheduled Quickpull the problem disappeared. So what happened, I don't know. The phone has a mind of it's own I think.

Idea: Try moving some icons into folders as this seems to help gain/preserve memory if you don't do so already.

I will do what I can to make the theme the best it can be. Thanks for your support and patience.

**Edit : Did a recompile and put on ota.
    I have moved some icons into a added folder and then hid it thinking that it would help but in 30 min I dropped 4m...
    I am using meterberry which is how I am measuring memory.
    Where is the compiled OTA?
    Since I have installed the white version of this theme, so please direct me to the link.

I dont know what way to locate anything else other than trial and error.
    I know that the memory loss is noticeably greater with the theme.
    AGAIN I love the theme and hope to at least slow the leak down.
    Thanks
    06-10-09 05:17 PM
    Since my last post I have now lost a total of 10meg.

Thats 1 hour.

Anything that I can do to identify exactly whats running if this leak inst the theme?
    But if I change themes the leak almost stops.
    Maybe its something else in and both are amplifying the loss.

Dont know but when I check Switch Applications theres nothing running.

Thanks
    06-10-09 06:19 PM
    Since my last post I have now lost a total of 10meg.

Thats 1 hour.

Anything that I can do to identify exactly whats running if this leak inst the theme?
    But if I change themes the leak almost stops.
    Maybe its something else in and both are amplifying the loss.

Dont know but when I check Switch Applications theres nothing running.

Thanks
    I hate to ask you this as you are having such trouble, but have you tried one of the other versions? Perhaps a different color or one that is non wb? Why I ask is that I have been on the black WBYC version for last 2 1/2 hours and went from 32 to 29 which is not superb but is better that what you are experiencing. I have had similar results with the other versions on my phone with the loss leveling off aroung 5-6 mb from where it started. Perhaps if you don't have troubles with the other versions it may be something about this particular version that doesn't agree with your phone.

What theme are you running that you are not experiencing memory loss?

I hate that you are having problems, and if I can't find what is affecting your phone I apologize.
    06-10-09 06:57 PM
    Nice job on these, you took Simple White a few steps further -
    06-10-09 09:01 PM
    Ok I'm trying everything here, now I am testing the 3 weather apps.

I deleted everything and am installing and testing 1 by 1...

BerryWeather (which I prefer BUT!)
    Weatherbug (a bit heavy but if it works then good)
    Weather eye (I dont know much about it, does it appear in the hidden window or circle? )

Any thoughts?
    Which is proven to work best with limited leak
    06-11-09 08:31 AM
    Ok I'm trying everything here, now I am testing the 3 weather apps.

I deleted everything and am installing and testing 1 by 1...

BerryWeather (which I prefer BUT!)
    Weatherbug (a bit heavy but if it works then good)
    Weather eye (I dont know much about it, does it appear in the hidden window or circle? )

Any thoughts?
    Which is proven to work best with limited leak
    IMO, you get what you pay for on these. I've been using BerryWeather for several months, and never have memory leak problems with it, which I definitely did with Weatherbug....
    06-11-09 08:35 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD