i really really really hope to win this for my curve 8320...id love it for my storm but its bein kinda ******** right now but yeah hopefully i can try this out looks great JC
    04-11-10 02:53 AM
    Wow. It just don't stop on crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lol.. Its like one big eSoap Opera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 03:02 AM
    John (JC Designs), I emailed you a couple of days ago and Bla1ze (the author who promotes your theme via free copies) about your copy right infringement of this FUSS Theme. I still have not gotten any replies. You ripped/stole the ICONS from my theme, MIRO/MIRO2, which is not public or under any general use licenses.

Remove the miro icons from your FUSS theme or I will start letting everyone on this Forum and other forums knows about your ethic of ripping and stealing other people's work. Or, I'll contact Michael, the owner of crackberry.com

You can contact me at [email protected]. I will give you another day or your reputation (and JC Designs) of stealing will be made known.
    I emailed you back already and wonder why you targeted me even though I been making themes long enough in the BB community to know.

Just to set the records straight, the inspiration for the icon set was from the ever popular iPhone theme called Lea released in 2008 on Cydia and not your MIRO theme which you are implying I infringed on your so call copyrighted icons??? FYI, if you actually look closely at my icons, you will see that I modified all my icons purchased from iStockphoto, and while You actually used the same exact icons as theirs, so I believe you are actually the one thats infringing on their icon set.

I used vector files I own from files I purchased on iStockphoto from my previous themes to minic the schema on the Lea theme.

Example shown below on how I did it with my vector files:

Just because you released a theme with similar icons earlier then mine doesnt mean I infringed on your icons set. You don't see me threatening other developers using the same icon sets or similar icons used on their theme that was used on my themes released earlier then theirs do you?

So please get your facts straight before you attempt to tarnish my reputation and send threatening emails to me when the icons used in FUSS are indeed vector sets that I own and I modified them to a similar set shown all over the www.

I hope this clears things up for you and if you are mad because I used similar icons to your theme, I appologize as I didnt know anyone was using similar icons on their theme even though our theme are totally different in function as thats the main point of all my themes.

Good day!

John
    Last edited by JC_Designs-Gadgetbean.com; 04-11-10 at 05:18 AM.
    04-11-10 05:09 AM
    i dont think JC reputation can be tarnished or ruined. guy is one of the best out there
    04-11-10 07:26 PM
    i dont think JC reputation can be tarnished or ruined. guy is one of the best out there
    Thanks for the kind words Much appreciated!!

Cheers

John
    04-12-10 10:02 AM
    +1 to what kc said. I think on the first page I was the one that said Miroish. Not holy crap you stole some stuff. There is a big difference between the two and I think you did a fine job on the theme with a classy reply to the hate thrown at ya.
    04-12-10 10:36 AM
    LOL I'm glad I grabbed this.. Just in case
    04-12-10 07:28 PM
    LOL I'm glad I grabbed this.. Just in case
    this theme aint goin no where man
    04-12-10 08:17 PM
    All I wanna know is...Who's Michael?

And for the record, I replied with the standard disclaimer. For DMCA complaints, similar to that of Googles, that is our standing as CrackBerry has no affiliation other then posting the information. And as such, the person with the complaint has to file it accordingly with all the appropriate legally binding references and claims to any copyright they may/may not hold. Had a proper DMCA complaint been filed, this would have been addressed accordingly. Where there was none, we cannot act.

Hope this clears things up from the CrackBerry POV. Sorry for hijacking, carry on.
    04-12-10 08:20 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD