View Poll Results: What do you want to see in the next Version of BBPADD?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black and White Version (will have a smaller filesize)

32 26.45%
  • Red Theme

17 14.05%
  • Simple 3 Letter Abriviated Icons

10 8.26%
  • More Traditional Trekki Colors

15 12.40%
  • Multi-Colored Version

23 19.01%
  • More SVG, Hidden Dock, Animations, ect.

36 29.75%
  • A more Trekki Version, Artwork, Colors, The Trekki Works

24 19.83%
  • Simple Artwork...No more gradients just Solid Colors.

12 9.92%
  • 3d Style Icons

39 32.23%
  • I downloaded It!! (You can select more than one answer, just want to keep track)

30 24.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    NEW SIMPLE VERSION!

NOTE: Theme is slightly diffent from images here...See Attached Screen Shots.

No memory leaks found, Theme is running very smooth.

I had a lot of influence from LCARS Standards Development Board :: Index on this LCARS style them and also from other LCARS themes I have seen people working on, and to them thank you for inspiration. I got some good influence from:LCARS Theme Thank you BrowneForce

For those who dont know what LCARS is: LCARS on wiki

LCARS was my first choice in name for this theme but is already in use by onther Theme Builder...so out of respect to BrowneForce (see link above to see his LCARS Theme), I chose BBPADD.

For those users who are Star Trek Fans check out these Sound Files (I found this like on BrowneForce's Webpage, I hope he doesnt mind that I added this like.) Thank you BrowneForce for putting these together online.

Now a PADD device is basically a Blackberry itself in theory...Click the link to learn more about what a PADD is:PADD on wiki

Here are the BBPADD Beta Download Links:
    BBPADD Beta Blue 0.6 Desktop Install
    BBPADD Beta Blue 0.6 OTA
    BBPADD Beta Blue Simple 0.6 OTA (no scroll)
    BBPADD .151 Compatible Version 0.6 OTA
    BBPADD Beta Blue Simple 0.6 OTA (no scroll) OS .151 Compatible
    NOTE: NOW OS .151 Compatable!! Thank you cmorty72 for testing this..
    The only difference between .151 Version and normal is Icon Name's under Icons, so if you want the Icon names just download .151 Version..IT is compatible with all known OS's..

NOTE: Like any new theme install its always wise to do a battery pull after install.

PatternLock Support Comeing Soon!!
    Please check out PatternLock Website, This is a great App and well worth the price. It is loaded with many must have features. You can download it from the crackberry store, or mobihand.. I mean come on its soo good and must have I am adding support for it in my Theme!!! How many Theme Builders you see doing this?
    Also want to thank the maker of PatternLock (tafasa) for answering all my questions about the App so that I can support this App in my Theme..

Temporary Pattern Lock Background now avaliable thanks to cbresciani, See Attached File.. Thank you cbresciani for helping me with this until I can comeup with a better alternative..

Star Trek Background...More Custom Backgrounds Comeing Soon!!

If you download and you like it please Donate...I have decided to take a break from updates on this theme as there is a serious lack of donations, I am going to spend some time on other themes and sources of some income, I will come back to this theme with some updates in the future..
    Last edited by weldmonkey; 07-16-09 at 08:02 PM.
    06-24-09 07:14 PM
    This version is really, really tight. The one thing I've noticed is that the dates on the messaging screen are a little cut off. But other than that, this is excellent!
    06-24-09 10:15 PM
    This version is really, really tight. The one thing I've noticed is that the dates on the messaging screen are a little cut off. But other than that, this is excellent!
    Funny... I really didn't notice that until now.

Other than that, this theme is running rather well with my .151 hybrid (BBCM v7.1). The page transitions are rather fast, as well as just about everything else.

Looking forward to other renditions of this theme.
    06-24-09 11:20 PM
    Yeah I've noticed that...I also need to fix the link to the forum...it points to the old one..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 04:34 AM
    weldmonkey
    I like this theme wasnt sure at first but since
    I have been using it its great.I like the font size
    and text size you used it's easy on the eyes
    Most these themes have real small text so its hard
    on the eyes..

cant wait to see what youre going to do next
    also like the custom battery meter and conn meter.
    one more thing on finished theme are you going get
    rid of the those letters BBPADD and just make that bar
    all green like the other side but just keep the four signal bars.
    Last edited by vawayne; 06-25-09 at 10:18 AM.
    06-25-09 08:50 AM
    Very different - nice job!
    06-25-09 09:27 AM
    weldmonkey
    I like this theme wasnt sure at first but since
    I have been using it its great.I like the font size
    and text size you used it's easy on the eyes
    Most these themes have real small text so its hard
    on the eyes..
    Thanks thats what I was going for...I know everyone see's Trar Trek stuff and thinks Im just not that geeky...LOL..but its just where I got the UI style from, which is copied in a lot of Sci-Fi shows and movies, but star trek started it...This is all about form and function to me...I was also tired of the hard to read fonts, and well themes that were just 4 buttons on a wallpaper...SVG is a pain but offers much more than that..I wanted to push the boundries a little...

cant wait to see what youre going to do next
    also like the custom battery meter and conn meter.
    one more thing on finished theme are you going get
    rid of the those letters BBPADD and just make that bar
    all green like the other side but just keep the four signal bars.
    Well the battery meter isnt just green watch it sometime as your battery dies it changes colors a few times..
    I wasnt planning on getting rid of the theme name, since I plan on doing a couple of versions, Plus I figured that was big enough for the signal display...I may change it if there is enough requests...I am thinking about adding a few more static buttons like the connections button around the inner frame..I am hoping to make the Theme name a static button to take you to the forum (instead of a weblink Icon), but havent figured out how to make this happen with composer...I know it can be done in the SVG so I might just have to add it to my manually done SVG list...Its getting long...LOL...
    06-25-09 02:03 PM
    weldmonkey what do you think...

06-25-09 02:06 PM
    Downloaded to DM, installed...love it! Will give more feedback as appropriate.
    06-25-09 02:08 PM
    weldmonkey what do you think...
    Not bad..I think its a little dark...the outline is a little thin...Can you clean it up a little?? Did you load that into your background?? If you did thats good all my fixes are working...Ive been slowing setting this theme for backgrounds just havent gotten to testing it...

Oh and I love that you matched the theme colors with it..
    06-25-09 02:09 PM
    Not bad..I think its a little dark...the outline is a little thin...Can you clean it up a little?? Did you load that into your background?? If you did thats good all my fixes are working...Ive been slowing setting this theme for backgrounds just havent gotten to testing it...

Oh and I love that you matched the theme colors with it..
    its just a wallpaper can't do themes like you....
    06-25-09 02:12 PM
    its just a wallpaper can't do themes like you....
    Thats cool..PM it to me or give me a link and I will add it and give you some credit for making it...
    06-25-09 02:14 PM
    weldmonkey I did know the host had those other pics
    I just saw what was attached Im very sorry.....this stuff not me..
    06-25-09 02:38 PM
    Just uploaded new Update!! and background! Thanks Vawayne..
    06-25-09 03:28 PM
    Any way to get the landscape view to show another row of icons?

06-25-09 06:55 PM
    Any way to get the landscape view to show another row of icons?

Yeah Ive been thinking about fixing that...but I would have to make the banner smaller (which I might do because of the phone pad issue, but thats a lot of work and I would have to totally redesign it) or make the text smaller, very small, almost unreadable...and the large Text and Icons is one of the things I really like about my theme...

We will see, there might be something in the next update after I get back from my Vacation...
    06-25-09 06:58 PM
    I've been having some trouble with the today feature. Whenever I get a new message, if I focus on the message icon itself, nothing happens. If I focus on the message indicator bar, I get a blue square with lines but no messages. Anyone else seeing this?
    06-25-09 09:05 PM
    I also just noticed that if I click on the messages icon, I see all of my email as it should be. However, if I click on the unread messages indicator bar, the message screen that appears only has my emails from before I switched to this theme. I'm guessing this has something to do with the today screen issue. Any suggestions?
    06-25-09 09:09 PM
    My bad, I meant the problem is with SMS, not email. Any way of getting SMS on the today screen?
    06-25-09 09:39 PM
    Gotcha. Enjoy your vacation. This a great theme. Thanks for your hard work. Looking forward to see your next update.

06-25-09 10:19 PM
    I also just noticed that if I click on the messages icon, I see all of my email as it should be. However, if I click on the unread messages indicator bar, the message screen that appears only has my emails from before I switched to this theme. I'm guessing this has something to do with the today screen issue. Any suggestions?
    after you DL theme did do a battery pull? and make sure youre e-mail
    and sms are not combined...
    06-25-09 10:26 PM
    after you DL theme did do a battery pull? and make sure youre e-mail
    and sms are not combined...
    Thank you vawayne for trying to help other users..I appreciate it...I will still be checking PMs and this forum on vacation and will do my best to answer any questions while Im away...I just wont have a computer do, or work on any updates.

Make sure you vote!! This will help determine what comes out next...The best part is I wont get to see the results until I come back since you cant see the poll on the Blackberry browser...I look forward to seeing what everyone votes for..
    06-25-09 10:59 PM
    Thank you vawayne for trying to help other users..I appreciate it...I will still be checking PMs and this forum on vacation and will do my best to answer any questions while Im away...I just wont have a computer do, or work on any updates.

Make sure you vote!! This will help determine what comes out next...The best part is I wont get to see the results until I come back since you cant see the poll on the Blackberry browser...I look forward to seeing what everyone votes for..
    Mind you the next version will comeout shortly after this version has all the bugs out...were almost there! Thank you to everyone that has/is helping test and making suggestions..

06-26-09 07:52 AM
    I must say that your theme is fabulous despite some options that bothers me. I don't like to have a scroll icon particular. I don't know if you will do in the dark but it would be a good idea. congratulations for your excellent work !
    06-26-09 08:44 AM
    I must say that your theme is fabulous despite some options that bothers me. I don't like to have a scroll icon particular. I don't know if you will do in the dark but it would be a good idea. congratulations for your excellent work !
    No problem. I will make a no scroll version soon..What else don't you like? Can't fix things people don't tell me about..

Mind you at some point I will probly have a lot versions of this, probly most of whats in the poll...I just want to start with the most popular request next, and then work my way down the list...so subscribe to the forum...like Ive said this is only the beginning...
    Last edited by weldmonkey; 06-26-09 at 02:23 PM.
    06-26-09 09:09 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD