**New Version Added!** Focus fixes for Calendar and Sounds, and Messages hotspot added!
    Update - Application List hotspot added as well, focus fixed for calendar and manage connections.
    Also Updated the noWB version to the latest of everything else.

v3: Messages hotspot, less cluttered app banner, focus fixes, application list hotspot UPDATED 12/3/09
    OTA

I had to start a new thread...sorry mod's. I need to be able to update the OTA links and the first posting because stupid free sites go down because they are...free. Anyway here you go:

csalem77 put this theme together, using the icon set from ant0318, and clock and dock from Zachriel. All I take credit for is the sliding dock, and adding the text below the WB icons, and jaxjon was a huge help with those. Any thanks to me should go to these guys!

There are 4 versions at this point. v1 has no text below the WB icons. v2 has text below the icons. v3 has messages hotspot on the messages icon, and fixed focuses of the calendar and sounds icons, and app list hotspots. The last version has no WB slots.

v2: WB icon text, shown above
    OTA

v1: No WB icon text, NOT shown above
    OTA

Special Request, no WB slots UPDATED 12/3/09
    OTA

Source Files: BY USING THESE FILES YOU AGREE TO NEVER CHARGE FOR ANY THEME MADE FROM THEM and to share your theme with CB!

v3 Source: http://mobihome.awardspace.com/MyHer...DockSource.zip
    noWB Source: http://mobihome.awardspace.com/MyHero_noWBsource.zip
    Last edited by jlawler4; 04-13-10 at 05:57 AM.
    11-23-09 10:01 PM
    Thanks! I can't wait to download the no WB version!! I am getting a 404 error when I try the OTA's for this version. Any other links???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 10:23 PM
    They work now sorry
    Last edited by jlawler4; 11-23-09 at 10:28 PM.
    11-23-09 10:24 PM
    Thank you! I downloaded and installed. NIIIIICE!!! You done a really great job on this theme. Thank you for sharing it with us...it's a keeper!

11-23-09 10:34 PM
    Nice job. I really like this version. I posted a screen shot in the open source thread thanking jlawler but guess I shoulda been thanking you.

11-24-09 02:44 AM
    pretty decent, a few things here and there
    11-24-09 09:59 AM
    pretty decent, a few things here and there
    and those would be...?
    11-24-09 10:15 AM
    Haha....

11-24-09 10:27 AM
    Great job on the post jlawler and I think we all deserve equal credit...it was a team effort!

11-24-09 10:28 AM
    I've installed the Hero theme and it appears to work as advertised. I pulled down both the with and without WB slot versions just to check it out. It's definitely worth having the slots available up top, whether you use it for WB or not.

Note to users (because I don't recall seeing anything about this when I went to download the theme): to fill the two slots up top (by the clock), you'll need to use the "Move" function in order to shift the icons around when viewing all availble icons. The two icons at the top left-hand side of the full list are the ones that will appear at the top of the theme's home screen.

The only criticism I can make is that the tab (to slide the menu up/down) is sometimes difficult to grab and move. Maybe make it a bit taller?

Great job guys!
    11-24-09 12:43 PM
    Awesome job! It is very responsive compared to others that I've tried. Thank you!

11-24-09 01:04 PM
    and those would be...?
    i emailed you
    11-24-09 02:46 PM
    The only criticism I can make is that the tab (to slide the menu up/down) is sometimes difficult to grab and move. Maybe make it a bit taller?

Great job guys!
    Agree with this one.

I also have a few nit-picky suggestions:
    • The Media icon - Any way to make the picture mean something? The square doesn't really say "media" to me.
    • BBM Icon VS SMS & MMS icon - They are extremely similar making it difficult to quickly locate the one you are looking for. Any way to differentiate the two?
    • Folders - Any way to skin the Applications, Downloads, Setup, and Games folders? The only way to get them to take the new icon look is to delete the name and rename them. But when doing so, they end up with all the same logo on the icon.
    • Files - Can you skin it?
    • Set Up Bluetooth - Can you skin it?
    • Visual VoiceMail - Can you skin it? (Maybe use the same picture but put it into the new icon?
    11-24-09 02:56 PM
    V3 posted. Messages hotspot, sliding dock button is slightly bigger to touch, focuses fixed.

limjelo I'm terrible at photoshop, csalem77 made the icons. But if someone sends me icon images for the things you mentioned, if I have time I'll put them in. Oh and the media picture obviously stands for media because most media like CD's, movies, video games come in boxes.
    11-24-09 05:09 PM
    Awesome theme!! Keep up the good work..
    11-24-09 05:15 PM
    Just found an issue.. On the third version, the top 2 icons (weather slots) now show up when you have the quick launch up. On version 2, they were hidden, which made more sense since they are already on the top of the screen. Is this possible to fix?
    Last edited by mthornto88; 11-24-09 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling!
    11-24-09 06:52 PM
    I just wanted to thank you for taking my theme and making it so much better...great work!!!!!!

11-24-09 07:03 PM
    Just found an issue.. On the third version, the top 2 icons (weather slots) now show up when you have the quick launch up. On version 2, they were hidden, which made more sense since they are already on the top of the screen. Is this possible to fix?
    Its fixed now. Sorry please download again

11-24-09 07:05 PM
    still a great theme, hope i didnt bug ya too much, keep up the good work..
    11-24-09 08:29 PM
    Just downloaded, looks very clean!
    11-24-09 09:52 PM
    Where is the messaging hotspot?

11-25-09 12:01 AM
    what is the difference between OTA1 and OTA2??
    11-25-09 12:12 AM
    Nothing. Just two different links.

what is the difference between OTA1 and OTA2??
    11-25-09 09:36 AM
    Where is the messaging hotspot?

Right above the clock on the new messages icons.
    11-25-09 09:40 AM
    Awesome! Really digging this theme!
    11-25-09 11:52 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD