btw do you need beta testers for the theme that you are working on?
    Thank you for your offer. I have not started on it yet, but when I got it rolling, I'll keep you in mind.
    04-07-09 01:09 AM
    Thanks! I found a top secret technique to minimize the banding issue when gradient images are used. I bet none of the themes out there can do that.
    haha. Thats awesome man. Better not let the secret out.
    04-07-09 02:15 AM
    Hey you could sign me up as a beta tester for the next theme also.
    04-07-09 02:18 AM
    Im abit weary of themes, i dont like to download to many.

But, i love this theme. Your a great designer If theres any Beta testers you need, ill help out gladly.

~Joe
    04-07-09 02:18 AM
    This donation "benefit" will that mean maybe getting a no today version? (I usually donate anyway to the themes that I like, but I want to know if this can be done)
    04-07-09 08:59 AM
    since the replies are mostly (well-deserved) praise, here's some constructive critism for your next theme:

- Drop the "circle" logo from the home/lock screens. I think it takes away from the professional/elegant look.
    - 3rd party icons. Weatherbug can't be skinned, so how about a designated are on the homescreen? As for the others, I know some suggested to put all 3rd party apps in one folder, but I need Opera mini and Vymail on the homescreen, and I'm sure others use 3rd party apps quite often, too. Obviously, skinning an icon for every app would be ridiculous, but how about polling those who donated and seeing what the top 5 or 10 most popular apps are, and skinning those?
    - When you select an option, it flashes blue (might be a plazmic bug that you can't help)
    - This might not be possible, but how about clicking the battery brings you to the Status page (so you can see the exact percentage of battery left)?
    04-07-09 09:11 AM
    love your theme! thanx and greetings from germany! ps: i also like to be a beta tester for your themes.
    04-07-09 09:33 AM
    This donation "benefit" will that mean maybe getting a no today version? (I usually donate anyway to the themes that I like, but I want to know if this can be done)
    Hey Kalazin, yes to your question. I can get rid of that feature. You can also request your own wallpaper for the other screen if you'd like. Thanks for checking out the theme.
    04-07-09 10:18 AM
    since the replies are mostly (well-deserved) praise, here's some constructive critism for your next theme:

- Drop the "circle" logo from the home/lock screens. I think it takes away from the professional/elegant look.
    - 3rd party icons. Weatherbug can't be skinned, so how about a designated are on the homescreen? As for the others, I know some suggested to put all 3rd party apps in one folder, but I need Opera mini and Vymail on the homescreen, and I'm sure others use 3rd party apps quite often, too. Obviously, skinning an icon for every app would be ridiculous, but how about polling those who donated and seeing what the top 5 or 10 most popular apps are, and skinning those?
    - When you select an option, it flashes blue (might be a plazmic bug that you can't help)
    - This might not be possible, but how about clicking the battery brings you to the Status page (so you can see the exact percentage of battery left)?
    Thank clockvstrain for your input. The "next" theme will not look like this at all. It will be a theme that has never been done on a Blackberry. Seriously.

However, some of your points are reasonable and good with regards to this enso | levitation theme.

1)I can easily drop the logo in the lock screen. The reason why I put them there was to stay true to the theme "enso". If people don't like it, then they can donate and have their personalized wallpaper/lock screen.

2)That pesky WeatherBug program again eh? If you have gone to the original enso thread, there's a little discussion about this. I decided to not put WeatherBug on the Home Screen because it takes away the minimal design. Remember, I am staying true to my concept/design. Also, how many time a day does one need to look/check the weather? As for VyMail, I use that too.

>>>As for skinning 3rd party icons, it CAN be done, but will only show on the HOME Screen. And this is what you want. There are some extra work to get this to work.

>>> If anyone is interested in WeatherBug / VyMail / or any other app that he/she uses and want to put it on the home screen with the SKINNED icon, let me know and I will look into this. However, you'll have to donate. I spent so much time and effort on this already and can not afford to do anything else for free.

3)"Flashing blue" after clicking a button/option is the Plazmic limitation. I can not control that.

4)Great point on clicking on battery to open up the status. Let me see what I can do about that.

-rorschack
    Last edited by rorschack; 04-07-09 at 10:45 AM.
    04-07-09 10:43 AM
    Hey you could sign me up as a beta tester for the next theme also.
    I'll keep you on the vip list! Same to other beta testers request. I just need good and constructive feed back.

Thank you everyone.
    04-07-09 10:54 AM
    Much credit goes to this artist who was great in helping me out. If you haven't donated yet, you should so rorshack can jeep making great free themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 02:41 PM
    Awesome theme....i have been using alot of the themes by E and came across this one of yours last night, its great!!! Donation sent your way
    04-07-09 06:16 PM
    Awesome theme....i have been using alot of the themes by E and came across this one of yours last night, its great!!! Donation sent your way
    Much appreciation with the donation! How do you compare this theme to E's or others that you have used? I am curious. Good, bad, and ugly criticism are welcomed.
    04-07-09 06:31 PM
    Well you know I'm a huge fan, but I wanted to know after using it all day if anyone was experiencing a faster than normal memory leak? After a battery pull I have about 32 mb but after a few hours I'm down to <5. Anyone else have this? Or might it be one of my apps?

04-08-09 12:18 AM
    Well you know I'm a huge fan, but I wanted to know after using it all day if anyone was experiencing a faster than normal memory leak? After a battery pull I have about 32 mb but after a few hours I'm down to <5. Anyone else have this? Or might it be one of my apps?

I hardly check my memory any more. If the Storm runs a bit laggy, then I just reboot it with QuickPull. However, in order to test, you might want to do a controlled test.

before you go to bed, reboot the storm and don't run anything like 3rd party apps. Then check to see how much memory dropped in the morning. In fact, I'll do that tonight and see.

After that, you can do the same as above but with just one app opened at a time.

Without a methodical way of testing, there's no way to know. However, I read on a blog somewhere that you can buy a memory status app for $3 bucks which tells you exactly what each app is doing in terms of memory loss/gain throughout a certain time span, etc.... maybe someone can point out that app for you.

For me, I'm not worrying too much about it and wait for the official OS to come out. Right now, I'm running 113 and toward the end of each day, that memory drops to below 10mb. For today, I used the following 3rd party aps: Viigo, Boomberg, BB App World, and Google Map. BB App World is still known to have huge mem leak. GMap seems to slow down the whole storm anyway. So, you can see, it's difficult to pinpoint which app(s) is the culprit.

Maybe you might want to schedule QuickPull to reboot every night. I know it's kind of lame to have to worry about mem leak for such a device. The next official OS release better fix a lot of craps or RIM is really testing people patience with half baked product. I feel like running Windows ME or 95 sometime with the current BB OS but when Win XP came out, it was night and day different.
    Last edited by rorschack; 04-08-09 at 01:26 AM.
    04-08-09 01:14 AM
    Thanks. I do use quickpull everynight to try and help and I can deal with it. I figured it was either viigo or app world. Ill do some controlled testing tonight.

04-08-09 08:37 AM
    i can definitely say it is not the theme that is the memory leak.

I'm currently running it on .113 and it runs GREAT
    04-08-09 08:57 AM
    Agreed. I'm using 114 v3 hybrid and it works just fine.

04-08-09 10:28 AM
    Have this theme on 3 blackberrys, one is on .75 (girlfriend), one on .109(mine) and one on .113 (one of my employees) and no memory issues or hang ups. Great theme if you want OEM feel!
    04-08-09 10:44 AM
    i can definitely say it is not the theme that is the memory leak.

I'm currently running it on .113 and it runs GREAT
    Okay, so last night I did the memory controlled test. Before I went to bed, I used QuickPull to reboot and got about 24mb free. In the morning, I checked before opening any app, I got 23.8mb free. The only thing I used over night was the alarm clock.

During the drive to work, I used Bloomberg, and exited it when I arrived. Boom! The memory went down to 15mb!

Like I said, memory leak is probably the beta OS and/or apps issues not playing nicely together. Right now, there's another leak OS, 122. At this point, I am tired of updating to beta OS every single damn week. I might just wait this out.
    Last edited by rorschack; 04-08-09 at 11:03 AM.
    04-08-09 10:58 AM
    Have this theme on 3 blackberrys, one is on .75 (girlfriend), one on .109(mine) and one on .113 (one of my employees) and no memory issues or hang ups. Great theme if you want OEM feel!
    Thank you a1point8turbo for spreading the news about enso | levitation!
    04-08-09 10:59 AM
    Great theme. I like it. my only two comments would be, it would be nice to have an 8 icon home screen, and then there is the dreaded white line at the top of many screens. (such a shame on such a smooth clean theme) I have seen this on a lot of themes. BboyerUGA and rcdeck both used to have a problem with this line on their themes, but have found a way to eliminate the line if you want to inquire with them. Otherwise, great work.
    04-09-09 10:58 AM
    Great theme. I like it. my only two comments would be, it would be nice to have an 8 icon home screen, and then there is the dreaded white line at the top of many screens. (such a shame on such a smooth clean theme) I have seen this on a lot of themes. BboyerUGA and rcdeck both used to have a problem with this line on their themes, but have found a way to eliminate the line if you want to inquire with them. Otherwise, great work.
    Thanks for checking out the theme.

8 icons - there's a reason for that. remember, this is a minimal theme. However, if you'd like 8 icons, I can customize it just for you.

>>>But, big BUT, a special edition is coming! 3rd party app icons SKINNED FOR HOME SCREEN only!

dreaded white line - is this the beta OS issue? I'll check with BboyerUGA and rcdeck. Thank you for pointing me to that direction.
    04-09-09 11:03 AM
    Just letting everyone know, I am working on a special edition. It will depart from the minimalism of this theme a bit with some phat, bells and whistles for you hungry/addicted crackberry peep. However, I may have to make this a "premium" edition where donation is required. I'm spending way too much of my time on this project. Those who donated shall get this for free, and you are more than welcome to donate a bit more.

<<<SPECIAL EDITION>>>
    < 3rd party icons SKINNED! > only works in Home Screen.
    < with HIDDEN SLIDING FEATURE >
    < click on battery to open battery status, memory status, etc >

Let me take a poll.

1)who here is interested in a hidden sliding feature where it would slide in/out with your frequently used 3rd party apps?

2)Which 3rd party apps you use the most? List your top 4-5.

weatherbug or bbweather or another weather program
    viigo
    vymail
    slacker
    etc........

when I get a consensus of the top 4-5, apps, I will create the sliding feature with these 3rd party apps. So far, I am abled to skinned 3rd party apps for the Home Screen!
    Last edited by rorschack; 04-09-09 at 11:29 AM.
    04-09-09 11:11 AM
    I would love to see a hidden sliding feature, one of the things I really like on a couple of themes i tried from E.

3rd Party apps for me:
    Weatherbug
    Viigo
    Slacker
    Bolt
    Poynt

Excited about this special edition!!!!
    04-09-09 01:23 PM
277 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD