View Poll Results: Which version of :|: elle :|: would you liked updated to 5.0 first?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic Edition

61 19.87%
  • Weather Edition

72 23.45%
  • QuickLaunch Edition

24 7.82%
  • Weather + MeterBerry Edition

34 11.07%
  • Weather + Quicklaunch Edition

51 16.61%
  • Weather + MeterBerry + QuickLaunch Edition

65 21.17%
    on the .419 sfi you get blackbars instead of white and no icon tearing.....since Elle has background you don't notice it.......

You will have the other basic issues running 4.7 themes....mostly messed up skins and media icon issues....
    02-17-10 05:07 PM
    Wanted to let you know I'm working on a better system to download after you donate, but I'm looking for a server with mySQL and PHP that'll give me access to the mySQL stuff so I can use a database connection through PHP... once I get one set up, it'll be easier for you to redownload if you ever lose the themes!
    03-15-10 09:15 PM
    Wanted to let you know I'm working on a better system to download after you donate, but I'm looking for a server with mySQL and PHP that'll give me access to the mySQL stuff so I can use a database connection through PHP... once I get one set up, it'll be easier for you to redownload if you ever lose the themes!
    Not to rub it in Aug, but the storm 2 is rock solid! No memory leak issues at all!
    I'm still running OEM .320. The only thing that doesn't work is updating icons on the home screen. So is switched to ELLE QL from the donor page. I can't bring myself to go to a leak or hybrid.

If it ain't broke, don't F*** with it!

Keep whining to Verizon.

Mike
    03-16-10 07:58 AM
    I donated and received the beta files for the 5.0 operating system (thank you).
    Just wondering when there will be an update available and do we receive the notive via email?
    Love this theme and is by far the best theme for the Storm.
    Only issue i have noticed (using this on my Storm 1 with 5.0.0.419 os) is that sometimes the screen seems to be off center. For example everything shifts towrds the upper right corner.
    This is easily fixed by going from landscape to portrait.
    Thought i would let you know if you didn't already!
    Once again great job! Ever thought about putting it up in application world?
    04-05-10 08:29 AM
    I donated and received the beta files for the 5.0 operating system (thank you).
    Just wondering when there will be an update available and do we receive the notive via email?
    Love this theme and is by far the best theme for the Storm.
    Only issue i have noticed (using this on my Storm 1 with 5.0.0.419 os) is that sometimes the screen seems to be off center. For example everything shifts towrds the upper right corner.
    This is easily fixed by going from landscape to portrait.
    Thought i would let you know if you didn't already!
    Once again great job! Ever thought about putting it up in application world?
    Sorry it's taken me so long to respond!

I'll email everyone when I release an update for it... no worries there; you'll hear about it! That issue you mention, with everything shifting off center, is something that I've seen (and others have reported). It's so annoying... it happens to me on an (almost) daily basis. Like you said, the only fix (that I know if) is a quick rotation, then rotation back. Not sure what causes this - my guess is yet another quirk in the ThemeBuilder software package from RIM, as I've seen some other 3rd party themes that behave the same way.

Thanks for pointing it out, sorry there's nothing I can do about it (right now!).

Keep in touch...
    04-09-10 07:50 AM
    Sorry it's taken me so long to respond!

I'll email everyone when I release an update for it... no worries there; you'll hear about it! That issue you mention, with everything shifting off center, is something that I've seen (and others have reported). It's so annoying... it happens to me on an (almost) daily basis. Like you said, the only fix (that I know if) is a quick rotation, then rotation back. Not sure what causes this - my guess is yet another quirk in the ThemeBuilder software package from RIM, as I've seen some other 3rd party themes that behave the same way.

Thanks for pointing it out, sorry there's nothing I can do about it (right now!).

Keep in touch...
    Good to see some activity here...Rocket to graduation Aug? you ought to have about a month left...Then you join the rest of us workin' stiffs.

Mike
    04-09-10 11:17 AM
    Hey Auggie,

Long time....busy 2010 I tell you!

Just checking to let you know I have been running Verizon's .607 for a few days and all appears well with the theme. One thing I did notice is that the transparent list of emails/SMS/calendar items on the home screen appear to be in bigger/golder text so they actually stand out a lot more than before. I liked it better in the past when it was smaller so you could see them but it wouldn't be such an eyesore when looking at the home screen. I was thinking it might have been a setting in options but the default font options I found appeared to be set as before so not sure if this is related to the theme and the new OS or something else.

Oh and almost forgot. The flow icons don't appear to work on every icon anymore as well. For example, the default "Pictures" icon doesn't glow anymore neither does AppWorld, my Work Email Icon (BES), and others, but calendar/contacts/sms and mms/and others do. Again, not sure why and not a huge deal but a bit weird.

If you want a screen shot let me know. Either way not a big deal, still the best theme out there.

Good luck on the last month or so of school!
    Todd
    Last edited by surfmly29; 04-12-10 at 05:31 PM.
    04-12-10 05:26 PM
    Hey Todd,

Thanks for checking! Glad to hear your doing well and still touting elle. It's so frustrating that each new OS release totally changes themes (OK, not totally, but enough to make theme developers feel...powerless). Everything you mentioned is directly related to the OS update...
    04-12-10 08:28 PM
    Hey Todd,

Thanks for checking! Glad to hear your doing well and still touting elle. It's so frustrating that each new OS release totally changes themes (OK, not totally, but enough to make theme developers feel...powerless). Everything you mentioned is directly related to the OS update...
    No worries, it is still a great theme. With a Storm the glow icons aren't as big an issue anyway since it is a touchscreen (my finger covers the glow when I highlight and click right! ).... I can't imagine the frustration of the OS releases and all the little different tweaks they have from carrier to carrier as well. However, elle seems to hold up pretty well (in my case at least).

Any news on the job front? I remember you were interviewing a while back....
    -Todd
    04-13-10 12:02 PM
    No worries, it is still a great theme. With a Storm the glow icons aren't as big an issue anyway since it is a touchscreen (my finger covers the glow when I highlight and click right! ).... I can't imagine the frustration of the OS releases and all the little different tweaks they have from carrier to carrier as well. However, elle seems to hold up pretty well (in my case at least).

Any news on the job front? I remember you were interviewing a while back....
    -Todd
    Got the one I wanted Going in part time right now at two different places (good experience and money), then I go full-time the day after we walk for graduation.
    04-15-10 08:33 AM
    So without me reading all 51 pages of this thread...was there ever a theme developed that is os 5.0 compatible? I see the think in the first part about a beta and the paypal donate link, but I'm not sure if there was ever anything after that. Thanks!
    06-28-10 12:35 PM
    For a small donation, you can get access to the beta, which in my opinion works as well as any production mode theme I have. If you like, elle, I highly recommend this route.
    06-28-10 12:54 PM
    Auggie! It's been a grip man. Still rockin your themes on my S2. Please please please tell me that you are working on an Elle theme for the torch. I just picked mine up and realize I can't live without Elle! I got $20 with your name on it if you can produce it Thanks bro!!!
    10-05-10 02:52 PM
    Auggie! It's been a grip man. Still rockin your themes on my S2. Please please please tell me that you are working on an Elle theme for the torch. I just picked mine up and realize I can't live without Elle! I got $20 with your name on it if you can produce it Thanks bro!!!
    Ah, I wish I had some better news for you, but all I can do is be honest I'm not working on anything for the Torch right now; in fact (as you can all probably tell), the time I'm able to devote to S1/S2 development of :|: elle :|: is now VERY limited.

Graduating from college was great and getting this job was awesome, and I'm really grateful for both But, I now understand what people meant when they said, "Once you graduate, you won't get to work on personal projects as much." That's a very true statement, in my situation, at least.

I have tons of personal projects for mobile stuff that I'd LOVE to tackle, but I can't even invest the time in maintaining :|: elle :|: that I'd like to. I have a few changes that I'd like to make yet, and it takes a lot of time to make each change in all of the versions. Something that's been on my mind for the past few days is whether or not to retire all of the S1 versions and focus what (very) little time I do have on the S2 versions, and perhaps slim down the amount of versions offered. Not sure though; hard to say.

Anyway, to answer your question:

Sadly, I have not done any work on elle for the Torch (yet?).
    10-06-10 10:47 AM
    Ah, I wish I had some better news for you, but all I can do is be honest I'm not working on anything for the Torch right now; in fact (as you can all probably tell), the time I'm able to devote to S1/S2 development of :|: elle :|: is now VERY limited.

Graduating from college was great and getting this job was awesome, and I'm really grateful for both But, I now understand what people meant when they said, "Once you graduate, you won't get to work on personal projects as much." That's a very true statement, in my situation, at least.

I have tons of personal projects for mobile stuff that I'd LOVE to tackle, but I can't even invest the time in maintaining :|: elle :|: that I'd like to. I have a few changes that I'd like to make yet, and it takes a lot of time to make each change in all of the versions. Something that's been on my mind for the past few days is whether or not to retire all of the S1 versions and focus what (very) little time I do have on the S2 versions, and perhaps slim down the amount of versions offered. Not sure though; hard to say.

Thanks for getting back to me. Disregard the email I sent Good luck in your ventures and if you find yourself with ANY free time, I'm sure there are a few people out there that would be happy to donate Thanks for everything!
    10-06-10 09:06 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me. Disregard the email I sent Good luck in your ventures and if you find yourself with ANY free time, I'm sure there are a few people out there that would be happy to donate Thanks for everything!
    Hey Auggie - I'll second that. Still using elle on my S2 as well and don't think I'll ever move away from it. You did an awesome job and it was my best donation I ever made.

Not sure how the intellectual property works with themes, but could you look into licensing or selling elle to another theme developer that has time so they can pick up where you let off? The theme is so good would hate to see it go bye-bye. If that works it could be the best of both worlds, you get a bit extra dough for your work, and the customers continue to get the best theme out there.

Anyway, just a thought, have no idea if it is even possible.

Thanks again for a great theme.
    10-11-10 12:56 PM
    I'm sure it's possible... if someone wanted to pay for the sources, I'd be willing to let them go for the right price. Keep in mind, I say that as a hypothetical more than a real scenario. I don't know if anyone is interested in buying, and I truly have no idea how much it'd take for me to let them go. I know you guys probably think this is nuts given the lack of dev time I've had, but I not only hold these sources close at this point sentimentally, but I truly do have hopes of future development. The issue is, I have no idea when that could be. So, if someone wants to throw a huge offer that they think will totally convince me, I'm more than open to hearing anything - I'm just not making promises that people will be able to convince me easily. Sorry, I'm not trying to be a greedy hoarder... it's just that I'm attached to these sources; and I do dream of getting back in to them at some point.

As a side note, just so you all know, my laptop that has all of the sources on it is currently dead. It will not boot. From the information I've looked up, it looks like a CPU issue. Obviously not good for my wallet ($$$$), but I think I will at least be able to salvage the sources. My first thought was that I would have lost all of my work - my latest backups are quite old, unfortunately. However, I'm hoping to be able to get the sources off of the hard drive.
    10-11-10 02:54 PM
    i donated and received the version for the 5.0 os on my Storm 9530 but have not upgrded to the Torch. Any plans on making a Torch version????
    10-15-10 11:36 AM
    i donated and received the version for the 5.0 os on my Storm 9530 but have not upgrded to the Torch. Any plans on making a Torch version????
    Hey there,

This is the last post on the previous page (post # 1515) - I think it answers your question

10-15-10 01:51 PM
    I am not sure if you have time for this, or would be up for this at all. I love your theme, and have already donated to get the update for my BB Storm 2 of the Elle Classic. It is the best theme that is out there hands down. I am curious though if you could make modifications to the backgrounds of some of the other screens. I have all the files required, but can't get my homescreen like yours when i try to create one with the hidden icons. Sooo, how much would you charge to get the ".thm" file, so i could work with it, or a custom modification of your Elle Classic theme. This would be solely for personal use, i assure you either way. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gary J.
    Last edited by Lonewolf19; 10-19-10 at 11:16 PM.
    10-19-10 11:49 AM
    Great theme. But when I installed on 9550 the themes getting weird on landscape mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 11:18 AM
1,521 ... 596061
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD