For all those who are designing themes, is there a specific tweak you have to make within Plazmic to prevent the theme from dumping all of your applications into the Downloads folder? I'm not a theme designer myself, but have tried several now in the past few days that have done that (in addition to eliminating my Instant Messaging folder, which I do in fact use). It's nothing irreparable, but it's annoying to have to shuffle all the programs back around to my liking every time I try a theme.

Is it dependent on the theme type (Today vs. Zen, etc.)? I noticed the AppleBerry theme did not touch any of the locations of any of my apps - maybe it's just attention to detail on Hastings' part?
    02-18-09 04:38 AM
    Not dependent on theme types. The heirarchy of apps can be set while the developer is developing the theme. Its up to him or her to change it, by default they are already organized into folders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 04:46 AM
    Not dependent on theme types. The heirarchy of apps can be set while the developer is developing the theme. Its up to him or her to change it, by default they are already organized into folders.

That's what I figured. I guess everyone moves their stuff around all the time anyway, so there's really no good way for a theme dev to set the hierarchy that will satisfy everyone.
    02-18-09 04:49 AM
    Yep can't satisfy everyone. Most developers will just leave them alone and let the user customize what goes where.

02-18-09 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD