I have down loaded several themes at different times. I have also deleted just as many. I notice, however, if I down load a theme that I had previously deleted (and this occurs several days or weeks later after multiple battery pulls), the alignement of the icons and the icons that I had hidden previously in the deleted theme are again deleted and the icons lined up where I had them previously. Does this mean even if you delete a theme, a file still stays on your BB?
    01-13-10 02:58 PM
    I have down loaded several themes at different times. I have also deleted just as many. I notice, however, if I down load a theme that I had previously deleted (and this occurs several days or weeks later after multiple battery pulls), the alignement of the icons and the icons that I had hidden previously in the deleted theme are again deleted and the icons lined up where I had them previously. Does this mean even if you delete a theme, a file still stays on your BB?
    No, the theme is deleted. However, the Blackberry keeps track of theme settings. You can delete these through desktop manager if you want.
    01-13-10 03:19 PM
    No, the theme is deleted. However, the Blackberry keeps track of theme settings. You can delete these through desktop manager if you want.
    Does going through Desktop Manager and deleting these files save/open-up any significant flash memory?
    01-13-10 03:41 PM
    Does going through Desktop Manager and deleting these files save/open-up any significant flash memory?
    It seems that I saw a thread about this that indicated yes, but I am sure it depends on how many themes you have installed/deleted. If it has been a whole bunch, my guess is that it will free some up, but of course it will be DEVICE memory, NOT application memory!
    01-13-10 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD