Just did a search and nothing came up. Is there a way to delete the Precision Zen theme that came with the Storm? Thanks....
    02-19-09 07:57 PM
    Anyone???? Help!
    02-19-09 08:07 PM
    I am very curious about this myself...Anyway to do it?
    02-19-09 08:44 PM
    bad idea. what happens if you get a bunk theme and need to switch back? most themes are buggy because of the development software for them.
    02-19-09 08:50 PM
    Well you can but no other themes will work. I remember on my 8830 i deleted the theme from the os on the desktop the .cod file for the theme and it fubared all my other themes. So the short answer is no
    02-19-09 09:08 PM
    bad idea. what happens if you get a bunk theme and need to switch back? most themes are buggy because of the development software for them.
    Have to agree. You should always keep your default Theme. There is no 3rd party Theme that is 100% bug free at this point (probably wont be for awhile). Im sure within due time RIM will also be releasing custom themes for the 95XX that will be official (tested,approved by carriers). Then at that point you might think about deleting your stock (ZEN) theme for something that is official.

Just my 2cents.
    02-19-09 09:09 PM
    Thanks, a lot for quick response, I was just wondering...
    02-19-09 09:10 PM
    Thanks guys. Good info.
    02-19-09 10:52 PM
    Does anyone think Appleberry is solid enough for me to delete the Precision Zen theme that comes with the Storm?
    02-24-09 12:44 PM
    keep default theme, no questions asked.
    02-24-09 01:40 PM
    You cannot delete the original theme and expect your BB to function properly.
    02-24-09 02:07 PM
    Seriously, why bother? Does it take up that much space?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 02:29 PM
    From what I remember, the default theme contains information on how your device handles all other themes. People who deleted the default zen theme off the curve, I remember it totally messed up how everything was displayed, in all other themes. You can not delete it at all without running into trouble.
    02-24-09 02:39 PM
    is this still true?! - deleting default theme...
    04-29-09 11:02 PM
    is this still true?! - deleting default theme...
    This is true.
    For sh*ts & giggles, I decided to give this a try.
    Backed up everything... then used BB File Scout to delete the Zen Theme. Did a reboot and was substituting the Space Junk theme as it's replacement.
    My Storm kept on freezing up and took forever for anything to work.

After using JL_Cmder for a clean wipe... I reinstalled my back up with the original Zen theme... everything was gravy.
    04-29-09 11:20 PM
    This is true.
    For sh*ts & giggles, I decided to give this a try.
    Backed up everything... then used BB File Scout to delete the Zen Theme. Did a reboot and was substituting the Space Junk theme as it's replacement.
    My Storm kept on freezing up and took forever for anything to work.

After using JL_Cmder for a clean wipe... I reinstalled my back up with the original Zen theme... everything was gravy.
    I tried it once and when my Storm booted back up the whole screen was a mess. I had to load it back on even for my custom themes to work.
    04-30-09 07:55 PM
    Funny RIM lets you delete your default theme like this, but makes you work to delete sample wallpapers, music, and video's.
    04-30-09 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD