I have been thinking about doing this ever since I got the glass theme that I am absolutely in love with. And I have not used the default theme in probably 2 months and I know its just taking up memory. Would it be a bad idea to delete it or would I be in the clear? I am sure I would be okay but I am just wanting some opinions and to hear if other people have done this. Thanks!
    05-29-09 04:40 PM
    NO! Do not delete the default theme that came on the phone. It will screw a bunch of things up. I'm pretty sure the device needs that loaded on the phone for the interface (correct word in this case?) to work correctly... no matter what theme you are using. I'm pretty sure some people on here found that out the hard way.
    05-29-09 04:40 PM
    Haha thanks! I am glad I asked then. Has anyone done this????? jw
    05-29-09 04:42 PM
    Haha thanks! I am glad I asked then. Has anyone done this????? jw
    I was editing my post when you posted this... yeah-- there were a few that did it... I know I remember reading about it. And their phones were all messed up. I'll have to see if I can find one of the threads about it.
    05-29-09 04:43 PM
    Wish you had told me this three months ago...
    Oh wait... Nothing screwed up here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Really? I swear I remember a couple people starting "HELP!" threads about it because it had messed stuff up on their phones.
    05-29-09 04:44 PM
    Crap I deleted the edit instead of save LOL
    Yeah. I don't have the default.

05-29-09 04:45 PM
    Crap I deleted the edit instead of save LOL
    Yeah. I don't have the default.

Ok... well that's good for the OP to know then. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I apologize. But I could swear I read about people having issues with this. That's cool, then.
    05-29-09 04:46 PM
    I wouldn't most themes rely on it I think/..
    05-29-09 04:48 PM
    I wouldn't most themes rely on it I think/..
    Yup themes skin the original, right?
    My default zen vzw theme is non existent however, the profile still shows.

05-29-09 04:50 PM
    haha wow lots of opinions.... haha Well if anyone wants to clarify this for a DEF. then it would be great. Thanks for all the replies. I thought I was going to get shut down on this one.
    05-29-09 04:51 PM
    This was one of the threads I was talking about:

Can I delete precision themes?

It is said in that thread that deleting the stock theme that came with the phone can cause other downloaded themes not to work, and that it should be considered part of the OS. So maybe deleting it is ok, and it just depends on whether or not the downloaded theme you are using depends on any part of the stock theme to operate correctly. Any thoughts?

(And yes-- I know the thread isn't about Storms, but I think it's safe to assume that this would apply to any BB.)
    05-29-09 04:53 PM
    I haven't done it on the Storm but when I deleted the basic RIM themes from my 8830 my custom themes would not work. It didn't hurt the phone but it booted up with a plain black and white theme that had limited functionality.
    05-29-09 05:15 PM
    All themes rely on the default theme if you remove it all of your icons go small and are black and white...
    05-29-09 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD