I am just curious what is the draw to say a Vista styled theme compared to a stock icon or something like that type of theme?

Why is the Vista style so popular?

I'm a mac person so maybe I just totally don't understand.
    07-05-09 02:48 AM
    I am just curious what is the draw to say a Vista styled theme compared to a stock icon or something like that type of theme?

Why is the Vista style so popular?

I'm a mac person so maybe I just totally don't understand.

Vista icons generally look good. They have a sort of playful quality, while using quite the healthy dose of transparency. Plus, I suppose when you come from Windows Vista at work, it's easier to associate with icons you're already familiar with.

I too am a Mac user, but would never dream of using one of those Mac themes out there.
    07-05-09 02:53 AM
    Okay I guess that makes some sense.

Same here I don't think I could ever use a mac theme, just wouldn't feel right on my phone.
    07-05-09 03:10 AM
    The Vista themes appeal mainly because of the start menu and gadget sidebar functions which basically allow one to never leave their homescreen.
    07-05-09 04:20 AM
    I have a strong preferance for Vista themes and I cant tell you why?? It just feels comfortable to me kinda like error said , it just flows from what we are used to on a daily basis I guess.
    07-05-09 01:40 PM
    They also just generally look clean and sleek.
    07-05-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD