BboyerUGA, I would like you to be adviced for some reason the NuBlu Theme is causing major leak on OS.151 by it self or using OS.151/Beta 6v5(by Lyricidal hybrid). If using the precision zen, the memory leak stop and pretty consistence at 40'ish mb. Is there anything i can do to keep the memory consistence without going bellow 28mb's? other than staying on Precision zen. lol. i've also tryed factory restored.
    Well I can almost certainly guarantee it's not the theme. Nu Blu has been out since May and many people run it and are having no issues. It is also less than 700kb in size which is a lot lower than many themes out there.

Try to keep only 1 theme on your phone at a time. Also, a good battery pull a day helps tremendously. But to tell you the truth, I advise against watching that number. If you use meterberry thats your problem because meterbery drains memory. I've removed meterberry and haven't had any lag on my phone in over a month. The only time I do battery pulls is when .151 randomly reboots my phone maybe once a week. I just checked mine and it is at 47mb and i haven't even been using it. That number is very deceptive because it goes down when you stop using your phone instead of up like you would think. Try this: Go 1 week without meterberry and without looking at that number and instead count the number of times your phone lags or shows the hourglass. I haven't seen the hourglass on my phone in ages and .151 has helped that even more.
    I hope this helps, and you can ask KD or any other popular theme builder that that number has nothing to do with the actual performance of the phone. There's a reason its called the OCD icon (mb) lol
    07-30-09 07:43 PM
    Well I can almost certainly guarantee it's not the theme. Nu Blu has been out since May and many people run it and are having no issues. It is also less than 700kb in size which is a lot lower than many themes out there.

Try to keep only 1 theme on your phone at a time. Also, a good battery pull a day helps tremendously. But to tell you the truth, I advise against watching that number. If you use meterberry thats your problem because meterbery drains memory. I've removed meterberry and haven't had any lag on my phone in over a month. The only time I do battery pulls is when .151 randomly reboots my phone maybe once a week. I just checked mine and it is at 47mb and i haven't even been using it. That number is very deceptive because it goes down when you stop using your phone instead of up like you would think. Try this: Go 1 week without meterberry and without looking at that number and instead count the number of times your phone lags or shows the hourglass. I haven't seen the hourglass on my phone in ages and .151 has helped that even more.
    I hope this helps, and you can ask KD or any other popular theme builder that that number has nothing to do with the actual performance of the phone. There's a reason its called the OCD icon (mb) lol
    I only have two theme in my phone NuBlu and Precision Zen (dont like other theme, i like this theme cause of the icon's are insane). I tryed loading only factory setting with meterberry and activating NuBlu, and within 3/4 hours usages the memory start going down along with hour glass poppin up, and bbm start to lag also. Thats cool, its my fault by keep updating the storm anyway. it took be three days just to figure out it had to do with the theme.
    07-31-09 03:13 PM
    I only have two theme in my phone NuBlu and Precision Zen (dont like other theme, i like this theme cause of the icon's are insane). I tryed loading only factory setting with meterberry and activating NuBlu, and within 3/4 hours usages the memory start going down along with hour glass poppin up, and bbm start to lag also. Thats cool, its my fault by keep updating the storm anyway. it took be three days just to figure out it had to do with the theme.
    I think it was pointed out that meterberry is what's causing your memory leak....
    07-31-09 04:36 PM
    I think it was pointed out that meterberry is what's causing your memory leak....

care to explain why i dont have memory leak when activating precision zen theme?
    07-31-09 05:59 PM

care to explain why i dont have memory leak when activating precision zen theme?
    Have you tried other themes? The precision zen theme is preloaded and therefore all the images for that theme are loaded and it doesn't slow your phone down any cuz the OS updates are made to run with THAT theme. Any other theme will, yes, cause more leak that the Zen. You will never find a theme that provides less leak than the Zen. I'm sorry that you are having problems. I truly am. But over 2000 people have downloaded Crystal Clear and none have experienced lag like you have. Each storm has a mind of its own and this could be the cause. There are a lot of things that cause lag. List your apps here(press and hold bb button and list apps running). Maybe I can help identify an issue.
    08-01-09 01:40 AM
    That's ok. I understand what storm can do and how it work. I'm no noon about this BB. I know this BB like the back of my hand. Like I stated before "its my fault because all the update I've done with it". Again I like rockin this themE do to icons. Thankx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 06:07 AM
    I have been using this guys themes for some time now. And my memory has been doing fine. There was only one time I had a problem with a theme from him, and it was not the theme. Something went haywire during the download process, OTA. I thought it was the theme also. I did a JR wipe the phone, re-installed the OS, my apps, and the theme, and everything was good again.

I know what I just did, dont know if it will pan out only going on day 2. But I deleted meterberry off my phone. I installed quickpull, scheduled a daily reset like I had on meterberry. I also bought another theme from brandon, the fresh nuskool 1 weather as I did not need the spot for meterberry anymore. I did not get rid of meterberry because I think it was draining my memory, I got rid of it because I am getting tired of watching the memory all the time. It is driving me nuts. I figure if the phone is working normal, there is not a memory issue that I need to be aware of. I set it up so it will alert me if it gets to 10mb, that is good enough. I think we are paying to much attention to the memory on these phones. My wife has the storm, and I have hers set up this way, she is sporting the nugirl theme from brandon, and she has never complained to me about her phone lagging, or locking up. I think quickpull doing 1 reset a day does the job. And best thing, quick pull is free on crackberry. if you want it to alert you to low memory, ect, then there is a pro.

These themes are the best, I have bought enough from Brandon to put him thru school, LOL.. And none of them have caused my phone to act up. I dont even look for themes anywhere but Brandon's site. And when he comes up with a new one, he notifies me. I keep saying he is going to have a hard time outdoing his last theme, but he always manages to do it, the fresh nuskool, and the tropic are my favorites. His new website is awesome, works great. I have noticed that it does not work so great thru the blackberry. You can navigate it fine, but for some reason when you go to pay for it with paypal, the info will not transfer to paypals site. Doing it from the home computer, no problem, instant done. I think it has to do with paypal's mobile pay deal.

Anyway, dont hesitate to buy these themes, you wont be sorry. I can only vouch for the crystal clear and fresh, but I imagine the rest of his are great also.
    08-02-09 07:52 AM
    I bought nu black in May. Am going to install 151. Will it be ok or do I have to buy an upgrade ?
    08-02-09 05:10 PM
    Nice... This looks slick
    08-02-09 10:23 PM
    I received a message from one of your friends who directed me here. I hope I am looking at the right ones since everyone else posts other themes in here too. They look sharp. Even some of the "girlie" ones which I am not into. Not the pink fairies type.
    08-30-09 10:51 PM
    Good work brandon keep it up!
    09-03-09 01:18 PM
    Hey, Brandon. Im not sure if you were already inform or aware, but most of the icon on NuBlu theme isnt working on official OS.328.
    10-26-09 01:16 AM
    This was my theme for a while but it got corrupted when I updated my software. Will the Nu Girl theme work with the update? I LOVED it so much and have spend forever searching for the theme again (I had to do a hard reset on my phone) Thanks
    11-04-09 02:01 PM
    very cool keep it up
    02-22-10 10:42 PM
    Im trying to download the Nu Blac. Where can I download it at? I go to the webstie but its not on there for my phone?
    03-06-10 08:06 AM
1,740 ... 686970
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD