I have all these ideas for themes but the only youtube videos are for 4.7 and are very basic. If I had some hints I feel like if I had enough time I could make some really interesting themes. Anyone found good video tutorials or books on it that I could use to make themes like ecruz Natemz or KD? I want to give back to the community I have spent so much time and money taking from. If I could just make one premium theme that I could give away free it would ease my conscience a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 02:34 PM
    I have all these ideas for themes but the only youtube videos are for 4.7 and are very basic. If I had some hints I feel like if I had enough time I could make some really interesting themes. Anyone found good video tutorials or books on it that I could use to make themes like ecruz Natemz or KD? I want to give back to the community I have spent so much time and money taking from. If I could just make one premium theme that I could give away free it would ease my conscience a lot.

I learned everything I know from just reading the user manual that comes with the program, and also my very very VERY minor knowledge of SVG, and since SVG in themes is SVG Tiny, its pretty similar.. I have been on computers my entire life, and looking at comparitively simple code like SVG is pretty easy if you just take the time...

So much can be done and figured out just by fiddling around with the tools and the kits give it a shot its worth it.
    11-26-09 03:44 PM
    Try out some of the themes in the open source thread by Zachriel and you can get a feel for how things work. 4.7 composer and 5.0 are not very different at all.

11-26-09 04:10 PM
    Check out ahazdesigns.com. Best site on the net to learn theme building. Their is a small fee to join and I made it back in the first few days from donations from people using the themes I have made.
    11-26-09 05:17 PM
    Thanks so much I will get started tomorrow after black Friday shopping

11-26-09 09:51 PM
    11-27-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD