I have donated to some people and they stated in return they would send me links for special themes they have created. So far I have not got what I promised, you theme creators have a lot of respect from me, especially taking the time to make these themes. So in return I do little things here and there like donating so you can keep doing what you do for some who can not donate, and enjoy the awesome things you do for free. So I am warning all who read this to be aware that there are people who take our donation with empty promises, that it can ruin it for the people who work really hard at their craft. Keep up the good work!
    02-11-10 09:26 PM
    That is not good, that's for sure. I don't mind the theme creators asking for donations and I'm happy to donate to the authors of the theme's I really like. I don't think they should go the route of promising things like source files, custom versions etc in return for donations though. I think doing that is very schister-y and cheap. If you offer a donate button/link then let your work dictate who donates what, not empty promises to entice people to donate.
    02-11-10 09:47 PM
    That does suck. I say out them AFTER contacting them and making sure it isnt just a communication breakdown of some sort.

I'm also thinking that the whole donate button thing is not really allowed on CB. You can 2 types of themes; free and premium. Period.
    02-11-10 09:59 PM
    R&R has one of the best customer service eva!! just my .02
    02-11-10 10:08 PM
    you might as well call them out dude. i understand you're looking out for the general public so you might as well go the extra step and call out the people to look out for.
    02-12-10 12:19 AM
    you might as well call them out dude. i understand you're looking out for the general public so you might as well go the extra step and call out the people to look out for.
    I agree. That kinda crap gives themers a bad name. Anybody who pulls that BS needs reported to admin also as it is surely a site violation. That said, being a themer, make sure you give them ample time to deliver. I'm assuming that was the case here however.
    02-12-10 12:30 AM
    Please be sure the developer is not having troubles in RL that is causing a delay to the service you donated for as well as making sure there was no miscommunication before calling him/her out in the forums. If those are not the case then give him/her a good flogging here. We don't need that type.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 11:44 AM
    These guys know who they are if they visit the Storm threads enough, they see my name and they know they got my money, what goes around comes around, I will not put them out there until I know they got the message. Just a little upset with the money I put out there to help them out and its been almost a month with no response or links. Oh well, there time will come.
    02-12-10 11:50 AM
    FYI
    If you want to see if they've been online you can always just look at their profile to see the last date of activity. Once you're sure that they're logging in and not contacting you, then you have just about everyone's blessing to put the name out there. Take heed to what Jaxjon stated though, make sure "real life" isn't in the way of them contacting you.
    02-12-10 12:39 PM
    Agreed to all .. oust em .. call them out .. name names .. BUT make sure its not some kinda miscommunication.
    02-12-10 01:11 PM
    Agreed to all .. oust em .. call them out .. name names .. BUT make sure its not some kinda miscommunication.
    I agree.......
    02-12-10 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD