Hello themers! Here is a screenshot of my next creation in the works, any feedback or ideas to incorporate in this theme would be appreciated. I hope to have it finished for the Storm device by the end of this Month...

Last edited by jerde; 01-26-10 at 04:38 PM.
    01-24-10 07:25 PM
    Any feedback or ideas to incorporate in this theme would be appreciated. I hope to have it finished for the Storm device by the end of this Month.
    01-24-10 07:25 PM
    This looks pretty hot .. !!
    01-24-10 07:27 PM
    looks nice. personally i think you should get bbm as a static icon.
    01-24-10 09:08 PM
    True .. i"ll take the calendar as a hot spot on the date or near .. lord knows bbm is a must have ..
    01-24-10 09:09 PM
    lookin hot so far jerde
    01-24-10 09:33 PM
    unfortunately, for as many people who want static bbm icon, there are just as many who do not.
    01-24-10 09:42 PM
    First off, I like the look.
    I would also say go with the bbm icon...

...but in reality Rooster is right, not everyone uses BBM religiously like we do.
    01-24-10 10:04 PM
    I'm trying to stay away from hotspots on this one and keep it very minimal. I'm going for simplicity and functionality. I may just add another static line of icons that aren't today area related so that I can include the BBM icon and the browser. I will definitely be adding a weather spot. I'll post another screenshot of the new changes soon.
    01-25-10 02:56 AM
    What other static icons, let's say 4 more, would everyone prefer?
    01-25-10 04:39 AM
    Gotta have an options.
    01-25-10 04:56 AM
    Gotta have an options.
    Good point, thanks.
    01-25-10 05:15 AM
    Here is the updated screenshot. I added the Browser (e-net) to the tabs. I also added some small icons at the bottom to launch BB Messenger, Options, and Media. Take a look and let me know what you would change or wouldn't change...

01-25-10 08:45 AM
    That's nice looking right there, any possibility of it having 5 customizable and 5 static? IDK, 5 always seems better than 4 to me, just a suggestion.

BTW, will this be for the 9530 and the 9550?
    01-25-10 10:15 AM
    calendar, contacts, sms, messages
    and the usuals (sound profiles, clock, manage connections
    and a QuickLaunch hotspot!

looks good!
    01-25-10 10:57 AM
    Ok, thanks for the feedback everyone. Here is my next updated screenshot. I think this will pretty much be the structure I'm going with. As you can see I have added a QuickLaunch Tab and changed the dock to acquire 5 changeable icons. There will also be a profiles icon in the top left and a weather slot in the top right. Don't worry about the dock being to dark for the icons. The transparency will show better on the phone. Any last request, ideas, ect. let me know.

01-25-10 04:03 PM
    That's nice looking right there, any possibility of it having 5 customizable and 5 static? IDK, 5 always seems better than 4 to me, just a suggestion.

BTW, will this be for the 9530 and the 9550?
    Yes, it will be for both Storm devices. I'm also going to make simpler versions for all the other devices.
    01-25-10 04:07 PM
    OK, my last requests:
    What's the ETA?, and if you need a S2 tester let me know.
    01-25-10 04:23 PM
    OK, my last requests:
    What's the ETA?, and if you need a S2 tester let me know.
    Shooting for the end of the month to release. I will def. keep you in mind if I need a tester, thanks.
    01-25-10 05:32 PM
    lookin hot so far jerde
    Hey Steve! Thanks man.
    01-25-10 05:45 PM
    Like the overall look. Quick question - is the profiles going to be a true indicator or just the batter meter with a profiles hotspot? Personally, I have never really prefered the hotspot approach as I like to know what the profile settings is by looking at the screen. Keep me in mind as a beta tester too if you need another one.
    01-26-10 12:04 PM
    Like the overall look. Quick question - is the profiles going to be a true indicator or just the batter meter with a profiles hotspot? Personally, I have never really prefered the hotspot approach as I like to know what the profile settings is by looking at the screen. Keep me in mind as a beta tester too if you need another one.
    This theme is going for a nice simple layout and great functionality. No animations, no hidden docks. When it really comes down to a good theme all of that hidden animated stuff just really isn't usefull for the everyday user. The profiles icon will show in the top left and there will also be a weather spot in the top right. The only hotspots I'm putting, just because it's easy to add, are going to be in the top banner... battery (options), clock, and signal (manage connections).

I'm really just trying to bring a great looking theme with optimum functionality. Gotta have a hidden today area for sure. Thanks for the offer I'll keep you in mind when it comes time for beta.
    01-26-10 01:22 PM
    I'm thinking about reviving this theme that I never completed. Anyone be interested in this type of theme?
    03-31-11 12:50 AM
    Im in .. loooks hot - good thing you didnt use those losers shay-d and kcpayne .. lol
    03-31-11 12:53 AM
    Im in .. loooks hot - good thing you didnt use those losers shay-d and kcpayne .. lol
    Sounds good, probably get started back on it this weekend.

I loved this theme, I think it will be a fun one to finish up.
    03-31-11 12:59 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD