*note: This is also posted in the Themes forum*

Something very odd happened yesterday...

My 9530 was plugged in most of the day while here at the office..

Earlier in the day I swapped themes to try out Futurist9500 (which is quite nice by the way..) ..I arranged folders, icons, etc.. and again plugged it in to keep charging so I wouldn't have to worry about taking the power cable home with me..

I packed up the laptop and headed home, but noticed I'd already lost a battery bar.. I checked a couple hours later from home, after eating dinner.. after dinner.. and was down to half strength already .. so I just powered it off to be safe..

When I woke up this morning, it wouldn't even power on.. I've had this Storm for 2 months and it's always lasted a couple days with normal use.. no problems.. The only change was this theme..

So my question is.. can a theme actually use more battery then others? Not sure how themes work, hence me asking

Thanks
    Jeff
    03-06-09 08:27 AM
    If you powered it off and it lost charge, there is something else wrong, in my opinion. If this is something that just started happening, I would consider which OS you have, which one you had before and possibly consider downgrading to the previous JUST to see if that changes. If it does, software is the issue. If not, it could be the battery or the phone.

If you haven't changed the OS from the original one sent with the phone, it may be hardware. There are a few different threads out there regarding battery life, so you may want to do a search for the work battery in the Title Only in the 9530 Forums and see what that pulls up. I would bet, a LOT.

NM, http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=11557001. There you go. 5 pages of potential resolution/answers.
    03-06-09 08:32 AM
    In theory, themes that use a lot of bright colors with high contrast will require more power to display on the screen, simply because of the way the liquid crystal has to be charged to display a certain color. A theme with a lot of black in it will use less power than one that's mostly white or some other bright color.

Though I tend to agree it sounds like you might have another issue, and it's not a theme related one.
    03-06-09 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD