I am new to themes. I bought a theme for my 9500 that displayed the calendar entries on the home screen. Is this something that every theme does? I have read in posts about people doing it with the 'stock today theme'. What does this mean? Does the default theme provide a way to see calendar entries from the home screen? Lastly, if a theme references 'today' in the title or description, does this generally mean it can display a summary of all appointments in one place as a list (like the home screen)?

TIA.
    11-07-09 06:54 AM
    I am new to themes. I bought a theme for my 9500 that displayed the calendar entries on the home screen. Is this something that every theme does? I have read in posts about people doing it with the 'stock today theme'. What does this mean? Does the default theme provide a way to see calendar entries from the home screen? Lastly, if a theme references 'today' in the title or description, does this generally mean it can display a summary of all appointments in one place as a list (like the home screen)?

TIA.
    No not every theme does this. When you see the term "stock today" that just mean the default theme that comes with the phone.

Yes the default theme does provide a way to do this, just go to the app screen press the bb button select options then go to where you see layout then from there you can choose any layout you want.

Yes but sometimes the description could mean hidden today where you can just tap on calendar or email button to get a preview of entries. Using the hidden today feature frees up the screen so you don't have you're entries shown at all times. But if you don't mind that then the "static" Today is the way to go and most times theme builders will have screen shots up so you know what they are offering.

Hope this helps.
    11-07-09 08:36 AM
    different themes do different things
    11-07-09 01:04 PM
    You answered every question. Much thanks!

No not every theme does this. When you see the term "stock today" that just mean the default theme that comes with the phone.

Yes the default theme does provide a way to do this, just go to the app screen press the bb button select options then go to where you see layout then from there you can choose any layout you want.

Yes but sometimes the description could mean hidden today where you can just tap on calendar or email button to get a preview of entries. Using the hidden today feature frees up the screen so you don't have you're entries shown at all times. But if you don't mind that then the "static" Today is the way to go and most times theme builders will have screen shots up so you know what they are offering.

Hope this helps.
    11-08-09 01:17 AM
    I have always wondered if it is possible to have different colors other than white for the hidden today themes. Seems white is hard to see with many wallpapers and it would be nice to have a different color.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 03:27 AM
    I have always wondered if it is possible to have different colors other than white for the hidden today themes. Seems white is hard to see with many wallpapers and it would be nice to have a different color.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes you can do whatever color you want, default is white, but I like to use one that is white with black outline so it shows on dark or light backgrounds, ApplicationContent is the name and is at the top of the list.
    11-08-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD