Does anybody know how to fix it where in composer you make say 4 icons, and you set them to USE DEVICE APPLICATION ORDER, and when you test it out, all four of them only use the first application in your list. I have had this bug before and I dont know how I fixed it...

So recap...i make 4 icons, set them all to use device app order, but instead of doing the first 4, all four of them only use the first one...

Thanks for any advice!
    Last edited by kdjayo; 03-31-09 at 06:51 PM.
    03-31-09 06:39 PM
    for me, if the buttons get out of order, I delete all the buttons and recreate them all at once ... its that or edit your .svg and manually change all the buttons that correspond to slot0-3 ... but then your .cp is always screwed
    03-31-09 07:09 PM
    You can edit like zeiroe said ... just do not forget to edit the the slot # in the main body of the svg file. Otherwise you will change all the icons pictures but they will only open the app in slot 0
    03-31-09 08:43 PM
    Does anybody know how to fix it where in composer you make say 4 icons, and you set them to USE DEVICE APPLICATION ORDER, and when you test it out, all four of them only use the first application in your list. I have had this bug before and I dont know how I fixed it...

So recap...i make 4 icons, set them all to use device app order, but instead of doing the first 4, all four of them only use the first one...

Thanks for any advice!
    Did you ever figure this one out, anyone? I'm now having the same issue.
    05-07-09 10:39 PM

Thanks for any advice!
    Be sure nyour applications on the right (in your tools menu) are all different. If not, make a ton and position the right ones while deleting the rest.
    05-07-09 10:41 PM
    Be sure nyour applications on the right (in your tools menu) are all different. If not, make a ton and position the right ones while deleting the rest.
    They are all named differently. Still come out the same.
    05-07-09 10:53 PM
    They are all named differently. Still come out the same.
    Anyone can help?
    05-08-09 05:03 PM
    ............bump?
    05-08-09 07:36 PM
    ............bump?
    ha, iv got the exact same problem, if i put them in a line, say for a dock, all is well, as soon as i move them around, it all goes screwed up, in the end i made the homescreen in theme builder, but that`ll only be any good if you dont want animation, also someone on pinstack is having a look at this for me, so soon as i hear from him, i`ll post back
    05-08-09 07:51 PM
    ha, iv got the exact same problem, if i put them in a line, say for a dock, all is well, as soon as i move them around, it all goes screwed up, in the end i made the homescreen in theme builder, but that`ll only be any good if you dont want animation, also someone on pinstack is having a look at this for me, so soon as i hear from him, i`ll post back
    Nice, let me know as soon as you hear. I'm also going to try and change the "slot" number in the svg. and test it to see if it helps without going screwy. I'll let you know if I find anything also.
    05-08-09 07:55 PM
    Nice, let me know as soon as you hear. I'm also going to try and change the "slot" number in the svg. and test it to see if it helps without going screwy. I'll let you know if I find anything also.
    cool no problem, just to check, its version 4.1.0.19 im having the issue on, versions on the flash loadup page
    05-08-09 07:58 PM
    I've had this happen a bunch, really the only thing I've done that works - is start over with the theme buttons. When I've gone in and edited slot #'s the storm simply changes the icons of the buttons but they now launch the wrong apps.

Its a huge pain - but the only thing I've done that works is redo the buttons!

Best of luck!
    05-08-09 08:38 PM
    I've had this happen a bunch, really the only thing I've done that works - is start over with the theme buttons. When I've gone in and edited slot #'s the storm simply changes the icons of the buttons but they now launch the wrong apps.

Its a huge pain - but the only thing I've done that works is redo the buttons!

Best of luck!
    When you are all done with the SVG, open it up with notepad

click at the very top of the text

hold CTRL+F to open search

type in the word SLOT

then hit NEXT, and say you have a 5 icon dock

change the first one after you hit NEXT change it to "slot0"

hit next

change it to

"slot1"

etc etc for however many buttons you have, so you hit next 5 times, then the NEXT time are another set of ones you have to change so you start over after the first 5 and you will see SLOTx change it to "slot0" then NEXT then "slot1" etc etc...

hope that helps, cya.
    05-08-09 08:50 PM
    oh thanks - didn't realize i was forgetting the second set lol

If that works what's the issue you're having?
    05-09-09 01:28 AM
    oh thanks - didn't realize i was forgetting the second set lol

If that works what's the issue you're having?
    this was like hecka months ago i dunno how it came back up, i figured it out a while ago lol.
    05-09-09 01:30 AM
    When you are all done with the SVG, open it up with notepad

click at the very top of the text

hold CTRL+F to open search

type in the word SLOT

then hit NEXT, and say you have a 5 icon dock

change the first one after you hit NEXT change it to "slot0"

hit next

change it to

"slot1"

etc etc for however many buttons you have, so you hit next 5 times, then the NEXT time are another set of ones you have to change so you start over after the first 5 and you will see SLOTx change it to "slot0" then NEXT then "slot1" etc etc...

hope that helps, cya.
    Thanks much bro, worked perfect!

BTW, what is the best color mode to export svg. from simulator? BlackBerry RGB32, or just RGB32? I'm getting some slight change in the quality of the graphics when I export.
    05-09-09 03:05 AM
    this was like hecka months ago i dunno how it came back up, i figured it out a while ago lol.
    lol, I ran a search and glad I found this thread. I figured it was something to do with the order, just didn't know how to adjust.
    05-09-09 03:08 AM
    Theres an easier way....

On Composer:

Click on >> "Interactivity" >> "Focus Order..."

Hope that helps
    05-15-10 11:41 AM
    Theres an easier way....

On Composer:

Click on >> "Interactivity" >> "Focus Order..."

Hope that helps
    It ...helps but not really in the way needed...this still wouldnt solve if you added a Use Device Application button in theme builder, because that button automatically takes up Slot0, and if you add buttons in composer, they assume they are the only buttons and the button first in Focus Order automatically uses Slot0 as well..so you still inevitability have to manually change the slot order in composer...
    05-15-10 01:34 PM
    Both of the above posts are true. You can use the focus order in Composer to get the SVG file numbered correctly, because sometimes it doesn't. And yes if you add slots in Themebuilder, you have to edit the SVG. If you want a real quick way to modify the SVG for slots you add in Themebuilder, go to the Storm2 forum, Staticfx created a little program that does this easily called Slot Adder. It works great and is a big time saver vs. manually changing them all in the SVG to accommodate any slots you add in Themebuilder . I've used it a bunch and it is a GREAT little tool!!
    05-15-10 04:08 PM
    lol, yea, remember this one.
    05-17-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD