I found that 5.0 bloats the theme up with its new bells and whistles. An old theme at 800kb becomes 1000kb after upgrade...no changes made. If you have the S2 then no big deal as you have more app space..S1 is a problem if themes get too big. Also I have found that themes behave differently between .230 and .328.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This may be because the graphics have renderd a higher quality.
    11-13-09 08:14 PM
    I found that 5.0 bloats the theme up with its new bells and whistles. An old theme at 800kb becomes 1000kb after upgrade...no changes made. If you have the S2 then no big deal as you have more app space..S1 is a problem if themes get too big. Also I have found that themes behave differently between .230 and .328.

Behave how? Performance, lag, graphics?

11-13-09 08:52 PM
    Behave how? Performance, lag, graphics?

I have had users of my themes have parts of the homes screen work in .328-.323 while on .230 it does not work properly or at all. I thought it might have to do with the way the svg is complied in the new composer vs. the old one, but after testing, in my case it is not. Although the coding is a bit different, it did not affect the workings of the svg file.

After further thought maybe it is not a difference in OS's but a difference in phones themselves, as we all know the 2 Storms can be setup identically but have differences still.

As an example: Old
    Code:
    style="fill:none; stroke:none;"
    New
    Code:
    fill="none" stroke="none"
    11-13-09 09:08 PM
    Cool thx

11-13-09 09:12 PM
    Does anyone here know how to create a flyout theme layout using the new bb theme studio? Please and thank you!
    01-22-10 11:08 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD