Big Tyme features the Time and Date display in a large, easy to read font. The theme is also very functional, offering 11 application icons, 2 large static and 9 smaller in hidden dock (all user defined). There are also 3 hidden hot spots which are also user defined. There are also 8 static hotspots (including Quicklaunch), total of 22 applications/functions available from the home screen (14 user defined).

Besides loads of functions, you can hide the hidden dock to open a large area to display your own custom wallpaper background.

In addition to custom icon set, Big Tyme also has custom Battery and Signal Meters (displayed as text). Note: Due to theme tools limitation the battery meter only changes in increments of 10%.

The usual hotspots are also included:
    * Signal Meter = Manage Connections,
    * Clock = Clock
    * Battery Meter = Options
    * Message and Calender hot spot w/hidden today (touch to display the hidden today)
    * Profiles shortcut

_

_

_

Features:

• Large, easy to read Clock and Date display
    • 22 Functions on homescreen:
    • - 2 large static icons with application text displayed - perfect for BerryWeather, MeterBerry or any other of your favorite apps
    • - 9 smaller homescreen icons (user defined) in a hidden dock
    • - 3 hidden hotspots (user defined)
    • - QuickLaunch hidden hotspot plus 7 other static hotspots
    • High quality custom icons
    • Unique Custom Battery and Signal Meters
    • Custom wallpaper (user changeable)
    • No lag

Regularly $2.99, on sale for $1.99 cents!
    **** Special Offer for Crackberry Members through 7/29 ****
    Purchase this for only 1 DOLLAR! Enter "OneBuck" in the coupon code area when checking out.
    Last edited by Bob61; 07-30-10 at 10:11 AM.
    07-26-10 01:24 PM
    Nice theme - good screen use, icons, etc. I really like the small footprint too - works well for those of us with Storm 1s.

One suggestion: When the dock is hidden, it might be nice to flatten the bottom panel some and/or make it partially transparent as you do with the top banner. You have a fair amount of open space in the bottom banner and flattening some would allow more of the wall paper to be seen. Certainly making the banner semi-transparent like the top would be nice.

Last edited by dmlangdon; 07-27-10 at 08:21 AM.
    07-27-10 08:13 AM
    Nice theme - good screen use, icons, etc. I really like the small footprint too - works well for those of us with Storm 1s.

One suggestion: When the dock is hidden, it might be nice to flatten the bottom panel some and/or make it partially transparent as you do with the top banner. You have a fair amount of open space in the bottom banner and flattening some would allow more of the wall paper to be seen. Certainly making the banner semi-transparent like the top would be nice.
    I had considered making the bottom banner transparent, however my meters (battery and signal) don't have a transparent background, so they end up being black boxes on the screen which doesn't look nice. As I created the meters I attempted to make the background transparent, but unfortunately my Photo Shop skills are somewhat limited and it didn't turn out well. If I can get my meters to have a transparent background I'll make the bottom banner transparent as well.

BTW, nice wall you have there!

Thanks for your feedback....
    07-27-10 11:17 AM
    Well, determined once again I have managed to create a transparent background for the battery and signal meters. I then took your suggestion and made the bottom clock/date banner transparent when the icon dock was hidden. I then went several steps further. A new version has been released with the following changes:

v1.1 CHANGES:
    • When hiding the icon dock the Time/Calendar dock will become transparent
    • Modified the meters to have transparent background to work with new transparent Time/Calendar dock. Improved the clarity of the text.
    • Modified the battery meter to say "Bars" instead of "Bar" for "2 Bars", etc.
    • Larger selection area for Profiles and QL hotspots
    • Changed the Caller Identification screen so everything is centered. Theme was originally set-up with picture on left and caller info on right, but the screen looked a bit odd when receiving a call where caller had no picture. Now everything will be centered).
    • Added "Setup" folder icon (original version was missing my custom icon)
    • Other minor refinements, reduced the overall code size.

Emails should be received from Mobihand with upgrade instructions for those who have purchased.
    07-28-10 08:31 AM
    Incorporated feedback received into new version (thanks barryweiser) including fix for a bug (I'd fire the beta testers but don't have the heart to fire myself )

v1.2 Changes (as always, free upgrade):
    • Fixed issue with messages being displayed for some users when date was clicked. Calendar should now always be shown when clicking the date hotspot on the homescreen.
    • Added new hot spot to display Application List (click the center of the screen).
    • Revised the New Message icons with custom icons.

Update posted on Mobihand, emails should have gone out with upgrade instructions. Enjoy the weekend!
    07-30-10 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD