View Poll Results: What do you want in BBPADD next?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black and White

0 0%
  • Red Colored Theme

1 14.29%
  • Traditional LCARS/Trekki Colors

3 42.86%
  • Simple 3 Letter Icons

0 0%
  • Put more SVG in it, Hidden Doc, Animation ect

0 0%
  • Multi Colored Version

3 42.86%
    Forum Moved..

I moved the forum to BBPADD Theme Forum

I wanted to change the poll and cannot...a theme moderator did it for me but wasnt working right so I moved the forum..

Theme is still availiable...Thank you for your interest.
    Last edited by weldmonkey; 06-24-09 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Forum Moved
    06-07-09 12:32 PM
    very nice looking keep up good work
    06-07-09 12:40 PM
    Looks sickk, i'll download it when its finished!
    06-07-09 09:41 PM
    Cool theme

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 09:55 PM
    Looks great!!
    Looking forward to seeing and trying out the finished product.
    06-08-09 02:44 AM
    Can't wait! hopefully you'll be done soon!
    06-09-09 04:14 AM
    Nice work keep it up...
    06-09-09 06:55 AM
    Anyone have some good suggestions on what I should do about the Icons?? I dont really like the presion ones too much... Any Icon Artists out there that want to lend a hand?
    06-11-09 07:51 PM
    Looks amazing..i'd love to beta test this....i work in a large corp with many fellow crackberry's personal/business...esp storm....you would get great feedback...regardless...interesting in personal use.....looking for the ultimate theme.......keep it coming....GO PENS!!!
    06-12-09 04:40 PM
    For the icons, I'm inclined to suggest going a very simplistic route - just colored blocks with a three- or four-letter abbreviation telling what the icon is (e.g. "BBM" for BlackBerry messenger, "Cal" for calendar, etc.).

Also, is that WeatherBug slot going to have the icon text associated with it, or is it just the icon? For some programs (e.g. MeterBerry and WeatherBug), the real utility comes from having the text, not just the icon.
    06-12-09 04:44 PM
    i actually like the icons on the home screen a lot. the whole theme looks slick, can't wait till you release it.
    06-12-09 08:24 PM
    Well the release is getting real close!!

I might make a siplified Icon version based on kf6tac's suggestion..I have also read other places people would like to see that...

No the Weatherbug slot will not have the Txt visable...however if you just touch it the text does show up in the Application Name area...I have found this still very useful in my testing....

Thank you for the offer Storm-trooper altough I am not really going to be testing it publically...I have been running this on my own phone for over a month now and almost have all the bugs worked out and the graphics right where I want them...I also testing this on OS .75 and now I have been running it on the new OS .148...
    06-13-09 07:38 PM
    Ok, found it! I have peeped this thread before, no doubt! Mostly bc I've always wanted to know what LCARS is? A star trek thing?

Looks really phat dude! Really like the super customization that the screens look like you have done!

Looking forward to this one!
    06-14-09 06:35 PM
    Thank you everyone for you input...I have added some definitions to the description for those of you like Rooster who dont know what LCARS or PADD mean...
    06-15-09 03:59 PM
    Looks great! I"m with kf6tac, and would go with the simpler icons. The blue is ok, but when I think of LCARS, trekkie color combos come to mind...
    06-15-09 07:49 PM
    Looks great! I"m with kf6tac, and would go with the simpler icons. The blue is ok, but when I think of LCARS, trekkie color combos come to mind...
    Actually the blue is an official LCARS color....check out the LCARS Developer website i have linked above...Although LCARS does incorporate more colors at the same time, and elipital and rectangle style buttons, when I did this in some of my earlier attemps I found it distracting on such a small platform..I do have plans to use more colors in the future...a version with simple 3 letter abriviations for icons, and at some point something a little more trekki..I hope to have a version for everyone at somepoint....I just wanted something clean, simple and functional...I just need to finish this one and I will move on to other versions..

Also true LCARS is actually made with very simple colors...no depth...I wanted something a little deeper...Thats why I state its a LCARS Style...its my own take on the LCARS GUI made just for the Blackberry..I have been working on this theme since April trying to finalize a template and layout..its almost done...changing colors will take little time when this is completed...

I also played with sevel different layouts before seteling on the one shown...the small screen and resolution of storm make a more true LCARS style kind of hard to see and use...As you can see this version isnt just about a theme but function also...I tried to use Larger than normal text, meters, and the unread Icons that are typically 21x21 I made larger to 31x31so thats a 1/3 bigger than most themes out now..

After I release this version I will post a new poll on what color or colors to do next...so check back after my release on 6/22/09, and vote for what you would like my next version to look like...Thank you very much for the input, I value your opinion..Just know this is only the beginning for this theme...
    06-15-09 09:17 PM
    The look is very cool, and unique. You still on sched for 6/22?
    06-17-09 11:15 PM
    looks very nice to me, defo one for me to download, any eta on it??
    06-18-09 12:25 PM
    Looking forward to this one!
    06-18-09 02:28 PM
    Of course Im on schedule...there is no point of putting a release date I couldnt keep...it actually changed lol...it originally said 6/15/09-6/22/09, if you see the pic of the homescreen says build 6/15...but then I started helping other Theme Builders so I pushed it back to...but its getting close enough to throw out there...I just set up my hosting site so I have a place to keep the files...and yes even make an OTA Link...

Its comeing

Are you ready??
    06-18-09 05:10 PM
    Of course Im on schedule...there is no point of putting a release date I couldnt keep...it actually changed lol...it originally said 6/15/09-6/22/09, if you see the pic of the homescreen says build 6/15...but then I started helping other Theme Builders so I pushed it back to...but its getting close enough to throw out there...I just set up my hosting site so I have a place to keep the files...and yes even make an OTA Link...

Its comeing

Are you ready??
    Can't wait!!!!!!
    06-18-09 09:27 PM
    Thats HOT!I look forward to it!
    06-19-09 10:39 AM
    Very nice looking...customization looks great!
    06-19-09 02:54 PM
    looks good
    06-19-09 07:40 PM
    looks good
    but would u rock it?
    06-19-09 07:49 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD