first off, i'm very picky :}

been rearranging icons since 9 this morning... wtf.

02-20-09 01:01 PM
    makes it so much better though, and completely personalized. i don't know how anyone could use their storm with the default icon arrangement.
    02-20-09 01:03 PM
    i would at this point if i could get the today+ stuff in the zen template... home screen and app screen icon/tab arrangement is totally messed up...
    02-20-09 01:08 PM
    if only the icon on the home screen at position 1 would also be the icon on the application screen positions 1, etc.

+ a snap to grid would be handy as well :}
    02-20-09 01:09 PM
    if only the icon on the home screen at position 1 would also be the icon on the application screen positions 1, etc.

I initially had the same prob with my Today theme re: icons matching both home and application screen; here's the solution.

When designing the home screen, activate the Today feature and position it where you want it. For decreasing the width, you'll need to go into photoshop/equivalent and reduce the width of the caret.png from 360x35 to 240x35 if you're using a L layout with the icons. Replace the stock caret.png with your newly sized caret graphic by clicking on the graphic. Your today area is now reduced in width so it will fit on the home screen adjacent to the vertical icons.

Then clicking on the Zen icon so the app icons appear and KEEP THE ORDER from first appearance to last while positioning.

Then check the box, "Use Application Device Order" or something like that on all the app icons you just arranged on the home screen.

That's it. This way, the first apps and their order on the application screen will match the order of appearance on the home/today screen.

Hope this helped. Here's a shot of mine; home/today screen icons matches the first 7 icons in the application screen:

Last edited by Jubz; 02-20-09 at 03:46 PM.
    02-20-09 03:38 PM
    @ Jubz; thanks... i will try this out over the weekend.
    02-20-09 03:40 PM

Icon Alignment-Top Menu...WINDOW/ALIGNMENT

You'll see your alignment box on the far right.

Just go to the preview window and click and drag around all your icons.

02-20-09 03:48 PM
    Icon Alignment-Top Menu...WINDOW/ALIGNMENT

You'll see your alignment box on the far right.

Just go to the preview window and click and drag around all your icons.

yea found that... but it's not 100% "rudeboy approved" :}
    02-20-09 04:07 PM
    yea found that... but it's not 100% "rudeboy approved" :}
    Lol.... It does seem kind of screwy when you first start messing with it, but once you start using it and understanding how each alignment works, its perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 04:12 PM
    Lol.... It does seem kind of screwy when you first start messing with it, but once you start using it and understanding how each alignment works, its perfect.
    it really messes with long name like SMS & MMS and Address Book/Contacts...
    02-20-09 04:17 PM
    jubz i've had very similar problems with my theme, but i dont want the Today feature. i just want my home screen and app screen icons to line up. so do i still need to go thru the today steps? i've tried clicking the "use device application order" and the icons still come out screwy and some dont even show up! please help! i've been stuck on this for a couple days
    02-20-09 05:46 PM
    also, just realized that my today option (under 'change theme type') is greyed out
    02-20-09 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD